Microsoft Cortana is your smart personal assistant. She helps you keep track of your most important stuff, across all your devices. Cortana responds to your voice and has an answer for what you need.
Cortana wants to know your favorite things. Tell Cortana your favorite artists or sports teams, and she will give you timely and relevant updates.
Cortana helps you stay on top of things, 24 hours a day:
- The latest news stories, served fresh and personalized to your interests.
- Track your important flights and incoming packages.
- Calendar awareness. If traffic is a mess and you need to leave home early to make that meeting, Cortana has got your back.
- Reminders based on location. Have Cortana remind you to buy groceries when you drive past the local supermarket.
- Reminders based on commitments. Have Cortana remind you to follow up when you promise someone something over email.
Here are some things that you can say to Cortana:
- "Remind me to buy groceries."
- "Start a shopping list."
- "Tell me something interesting."
- "Bitcoin to USD."
- "What's my schedule today?"
- "Where's the nearest Starbucks?"
- "What's up?"
- "Will it rain this weekend?"
Cortana is constantly learning, with new capabilities being released every month. We encourage you to give Cortana a try and share your feedback with us.
We're excited to announce Cortana v3.0! This release brings new features to help you on the go.
· A new conversational experience for answers
· A new place to manage and set up your Cortana devices
· Listen to music and podcasts on the go
· Stay on top of your tasks managing meetings, emails, reminders and To Do on the go
· Join your next Skype or Teams meeting by simply asking Cortana
Ratings and Reviews
Glad that Microsoft put this on the App Store
I really like how well this works with iOS, especially because Microsoft has their own mobile os (even though it makes up such a small percent of the market share.)
Over all it's a great alternative if your not super into apple's own reminder system. I would love if this app could interact with apple's calendar app though, personally my family uses the Apple calendar system to plan events so it is a pain to switch between the two, but this is really only a minor gripe. I get that interaction between the two is somewhat unrealistic, this brings up another aspect of this app; it's niche use case. This is a double edged sword, on the one hand when I see a notification for Cortana It's much more difficult for it to evade my eyes, for one because it's bright blue as supposed to apple's white and subtle calendar-notification design. 2 because the noise made by Cortana notifications is super unique, prolonged, and recognizable. Finally three, I use it only for more important events and reminders making it an instant motivator to prepare/ get started on what ever I'm reminding my self about. So in closing this is a solid app that I would recommend to anyone seeking a more organized life.
This saved me after switching from windows phone, but Apple should let it do more.
The iPhone and this app would be better off if Apple would allow it to show more info in the top drop down menu, or show up on the lock screen. The best parts that made the Windows Phone so spectacular at scheduling, automating, and communication are lacking in iPhone. This could help with that. Overall this app helps bring you a little office365 windows comfort to your iPhone. That is great! If only it made the audio sound as good as the Windows Lumia 950. It does not have Cortana news like Windows did either. You will need to get used to swiping open the left lock screen to review Cortana info.
Almost as Good as on Windows phone
As someone who uses a Windows 10 phone, a Surface Pro 3, and a Windows 10 laptop, I love that Microsoft has taken the road less traveled and given other platforms access to some of its popular software (still waiting for Google and Apple to do that). This Cortana app, along with Office, OneDrive, Xbox, Groove, Skype, etc. allow me to more or less avoid using the built-in iOS applications, giving my iPad another shot at being useful in some way. Of course, the nature of iOS keeps Cortana from being as integrated as it is on Windows, but it's still a lot better than Siri. A lot, LOT better than Siri.
- Microsoft Corporation
- 163.1 MB
- Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, French, Japanese, Simplified Chinese
- Age Rating
- You must be at least 17 years old to download this app.
- Unrestricted Web Access
- © 2016 Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.