Crop and Straighten
By Fingertips B.V.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Crop and straighten is simple and streamlined. Just zoom and drag to change the crop area, then tap the Action button to share or store your cropped photo.
There’s no need to fiddle with small resize handlers; the cropped area is always displayed full-screen so you see exactly what you’ll get.
Pinch in and out with two fingers to change the crop area, then drag to move it. Choose from regular aspect ratios as 1:2, 2:3, 3:4 and 16:9, or classic medium and large format film sizes as 4:5, 6:7 and 1:1 (square).
Rotate with two fingers to unlock straighten mode. A grid will appear to help you align. The rotation snaps at 90° angles so you can easily fix a photo where the camera got the orientation wrong.
Use Crop and Straighten:
· to improve the composition of your photos,
· to straighten crooked images (skewed horizon, slanted building or lamp post, etc.),
· as a digital zoom for your iPhone camera,
· to remove unwanted elements from your photo,
· to fix a photo where the orientation is wrong, or
· simply to choose a different aspect ratio.
Crop and straighten retains date and time, location and other camera information (the Exif headers) in the cropped image when saved to the Camera Roll.
Want to see the Crop and Straighten in action? Watch the video on http://crop.fngtps.com
What's New in Version 1.5
· iPhone 5 support.
· Added 16:9 to the list of aspect ratios.
· Added sharing options.
· Stability and performance improvements.
Simple, good App (3.5 stars)
1) Great amount of aspect ratios. 2) Easy to scale & crop.
The app definitely could use more grid lines when straightening a photo; also, it is difficult to be accurate/precise with their "rotate with two fingers" approach. The Instagram method is best (look into it)!
Does not crop or straighten efficiently
It does a poor job cropping or straightening. Won't allow you to properly fit photo in the constricted areas. Forces you to shrink photo in order to fit properly. Deleted the App after one use.
Seems broken on iOS 8.1.3
Pinching doesn't do anything.
Using iOS 8.1.3, iPad mini 2.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Apr 14, 2013
- Version: 1.5
- Size: 5.7 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Catalan, Croatian, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Thai, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Ukrainian
- Seller: Fingertips B.V.
- © 2011-2013 Fingertips B.V.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.