The most professional free DJ software. Built on Cross DJ, the award-winning software developed by Mixvibes for 10 years. Mix tracks easily, play with effects, loops, scratch and more.
FREE VERSION, UNLIMITED USE, NO COMMERCIALS
"Cross DJ Free is the most professional free DJ software" (Macmusic)
"The best free DJ software I have had on my system to date" (MacProVideo)
/// START DJING THE EASY WAY
Cross DJ Free provides direct access to your iTunes library. Match the tempo of your tracks using the sync button and create smooth mixes in minutes.
/// PERFORM ON A POWERFUL TOOL
The design replicates the industry standard DJ setup : waveforms, Cue/Play/Sync buttons, mixer, hot cues, scratching, loops, effects. All the professional DJ tools are at your fingertips.
/// MIX VIDEO LIKE AUDIO
We believe DJs should try video mixing. Therefore, the core video features are now available in Cross DJ Free. Make no mistake, Cross DJ Free is a DJ software with powerful video features, not a VJ software.
/// STAY ON THE BEAT
Cross DJ Free has the most reliable synchronization tool and BPM analysis on the market. Plus, you can visually preview your mix, using parallel waveforms and sync meter.
• All your iTunes music is already in Cross DJ Free
• Advanced media management (smart playlists, in-key tracks hightlighted, filter search, color coding, tag editing,...)
• Import libraries from Rekordbox and other DJ software, including beat grid and hot cues
• History playlist to keep track of previous sessions
/// MIX SOUNDCLOUD IN CROSS DJ
• Unlimited Music: Explore, play and mix all SoundCloud tracks, directly within Cross DJ. From unofficial remixes to your friend's tunes, mixing music you like has never been so simple.
• Your SoundCloud account, in Cross DJ: Log in to your SoundCloud account to have your sets, favorites, stream & tracks directly in Cross.
• Fast loading: Streamed tracks load as fast as locally hosted tracks. And don't wait the end of the analysis to play it.
• No premium account needed: To mix SoundCloud tracks in Cross DJ, you don't need a SoundCloud pro plan.
/// EXTERNAL CONTROL
• External soundcard support
• All main audio formats compatible : MP3, M4A, WAV, AIFF, FLAC, OGG, AAC, …
• 5 languages supported
• Cross DJ iPhone & iPad Remote application support
/// FEATURE LIST
• 2 decks + video mixer
• Video mixing
• Ultra-accurate synchronization for ultra-easy beat matching
• Sync link mode (with master deck)
• Complete DJ Mixer with 3-band EQ, volume faders, cross-fader, level meters and direct access bi-filter
• Parallel waveforms and track overview display
• Modular user interface
• Smart seek (jump playback position using increments of 1/32 to 32 beats)
• 8 hot cues/loops per track
• Advanced beat grid editor for tracks with irregular bpm
• Auto loops (1/32 to 32 beats)
• Built-in key detection engine
• Dynamic key control and display (harmonic or classic notation)
• Pitch fader and pitch bend
• Pitch range from 4% to 100%
• 3 audio effects
/// MINIMUM CONFIGURATION FOR VIDEO
OS X 10.7 or higher
/// WATCH CROSS DJ VIDEOS
Latest DJ video: http://youtu.be/BIJmjZsV-N8
User videos: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwSZ_5C9ZpU&feature=share&list=PLj1938JIqZA7I8gPL8w6Hfszax4It1JKH
/// GO NEXT LEVEL
iPhone app: http://appstore.com/crossdjforiphone
iPad app: http://appstore.com/crossdjfreehdmixyourmusic
Updated to Cross DJ feature set 3.4: get all the latest bug fixes and OS compatibility updates.
Ratings and Reviews
Highly impressed with the capabilities of this freeware and will almost certainly stay as my go to DJ software for Mac. I’m quite familiar with DJ software, and it took me less than 10 minutes to get the hang of and exceed my expectations.
The beatgrid editor is easy to find/use and the markers themselves convey the downbeat and the measures, the ability to set ALL of my own hotkeys was enormously useful and mapping them didn’t take long, scanning my library was quick, automatically stores bpms in displayed metadata, the waveforms can be modified to make visualizing songs useful when trying out new things… Those are just the features I was extremely impressed by, there’s plenty more to like though.
To be fair I haven’t tried uploading anything to SoundCloud, utilized the VDJ portion, or used a MIDI controller, but I’m sure that every feature included with this software is just as powerful and easy to use as the aforementioned pros.
Great featureset for free, but not user friendly.
For those who are having problems with no audio output, go to File -> Preferences -> Audio and change the output device to the correct destination. For me it defaulted to AirPlay for some reason.
This app is extremely feature rich for being free. Pitch matching, measure sync, and so much information output that I'm actually a wee bit overloaded. It also runs really smooth. I'm impressed that it correctly parses the iTunes XML file to instantly show my song library, unlike some other apps which insist on scanning the file structure. Support for different bindings on different keyboards is awesome.
Preferences is on the File menu instead of the Application menu, making it easy to overlook. This makes for a confusing first use, since it doesn't default to the built in audio out and it's not clear how to fix that. Interface is very daunting and not newbie friendly; if you don't know how to DJ already then the purpose of most of the controls will completely illude you. Could REALLY benefit from a tutorial. The chosen star graphics for the itunes playlists are too bright and lack contrast, making them hard to read at a glance. Could also benefit by some different fonts, the text in the collection pane is way too large.
The ULTIMATE DJ App for Macs!
I’m fairly new to the whole DJing world and thought I’d give it a go! A friend of mine recommended me this app and since it was free, I couldn’t argue against it. It downloaded and installed within a few minutes and I was up and running. The app is incredibly well made and it was so easy to get the hang of it. I made a few mixes of some songs I had been wanting to for so long! The finished product sounded excellent and I was happy as ever. Click of a button and BOOM! It was up on soundcloud and I could share it on my Facebook. This app has done wonders for me and certainly has got me attached to DJing. A big thanks to the developers for giving it out for free! I’ve just bought the paid version since there’s nothing like it out there! A must for all!
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.