Cross Stitch Maker: Draw Realistic Embroidery!
By Sarah Pierce
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Relax with the original pixel art!
Cross Stitch Maker lets you draw realistic cross stitch on your iPhone or iPad! Create beautiful projects easily by typing a message and using the built-in library of borders and clipart. Or take some time to create your own drawing using the 100+ thread colors and six stitch types.
You won't believe how realistic your finished picture is! It looks just like a real framed cross stitch hanging on a wall. You can even print your design on mugs, shirts, stamps, cards, and more! The "Share" tool lets you easily send your creation to friends. A great way to send Birthday, Mother's Day, and other holiday greetings. Your friends might even think it's a real cross stitch!
• Make a custom card! Type a message, then add a border and a picture from the clipart menu. Email it or have a real card printed by clicking "Make"
• Make pixel art inspired by your favorite video game.
• Give your tweet or Facebook update extra punch by saying it in cross stitch. Built in Twitter and Facebook sharing makes this easy.
• Say something mischievous ... Drawn in the sweet innocence of embroidery, this can be hilarious!
• Use the app to plan a real cross stitch project. Your design looks so real in the app, you will know exactly how it will turn out.
• Design birth announcements, party invitations, place cards, and other fun stuff!
• Print your creations on real world items such as mugs, t-shirts, greeting cards and more!
• Photorealistic results
• 100+ thread colors
• 6 stitch types
• 7 fonts
• 10 frame options
• 250+ clipart borders and pictures
• Built-in Facebook, Twitter, and email sharing
What's New in Version 2.0
What's new in this update? Wow, a lot!
- Bigger drawing area on long phones
- New french knot stitch type!
- 81 new cute & colorful clipart images! This was the the most fun part of making this update :)
- Brighter fabric & stitch colors
- Three new frames to choose from
- More colors available from the side bar on iPad
- Easier to get the keyboard out of the way when you need to position your text. Just hit "Done."
- New "no fabric" option for sharing your image. Looks nice when printed on white Zazzle items.
- More Zazzle products to print on! Check out the new "Make" button for more info.
- Bug fixes
Thanks so much to everyone who sent feedback. I make the app by myself so hearing your feedback is super, super helpful. I hope you enjoy the update as much as I enjoyed making it! ~Sarah
A Brand New Update!
I was very surprised to see that this app got a new update. I've owned it for a long time. I deleted it back when because I found it tedious to use. I like the new update. However, it still needs some basic improvements. The frame hides the edges of the canvas and my work gets cut off at the edges making the artwork uneven on the parts where the stitches get cut off. I think it would be helpful if there was a way to move the canvas, or move the frame out of the way. Or, maybe a zoom feature would help? Also, you have to have a very steady hand to create even lines - that's the part that I found tedious the most. Other than that, I think the app has a lot of potential. I like the Zazzle thing, but I am not understanding why there is such a close link with the website when I haven't authorized it. I guess I'll have to check that out further. Thanks for the update. I'm very happy that the app is still alive. Good work!
A Pleasant Challenge
I have only good things to say about this application. It doesn't require wi-fi, never plagues me with ads, and is very logically designed. Even if you never intend to stitch any of your designs, you have the mental and tactile challenge of drawing something, or charting letters on a grid. Thank you for this delightful diversion!
I love the look of my completed project! It looks so much like a real cross stitch project! The app is easy to use, not too complicated. So it's perfect for me except it would be nice to be able to do a bigger project on my iPad mini. That and one little button for a super small stitch in case of a split. I'm so glad I found this app and thank the developer so much!!
Update: Thank you for the update! I haven't checked it out fully but very much appreciate the refresh. Can't wait to try it out. I still love this app!!! It's just a fun way to pass the time and create little pieces of stitchery. One change that will be nice is the ability to put on Zazzle products without the fabric background. That will be nice. Thank you again!!!
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 24, 2017
- Version: 2.0
- Size: 84.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Sarah Pierce
- © 2012 Megafauna Software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.