By Stand Alone, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Play crossword puzzles right on your iPhone or iPod touch. Each day many newspapers provide their crossword puzzles online; Crossword Light lets you solve a selection of what's out there; get hints, view clues, and track how quickly you're improving!
This is a light version of our Crosswords game. Try it out with 40 brand new puzzles included. If you like it, please try the full version!
• More than a months' worth of puzzles to play
• Nearly unlimited puzzles from many different sites in the full version
• Hints available
• Twitter and Facebook integration
What's New in Version 2.74
- added support for multitasking
- fixed some screen orientation problems on larger phones
- fixed some accessibility issues
- fixed some sync issues
The Go To Crossword App
I have been using this app for a believe two years now maybe longer I don't even know if that is possible but I have downloaded every other crossword app out there either free or have spent more money as well! However, this app continues to remain they go to. it is consistent and reliable. I keep with the easier puzzles (ego boost? Not sure) but for the days I want to challenge myself I can! And when purchases are necessary the prices are reasonable. Sometimes there are system glitches with subscription updates but all neither here nor there. Thank you keep up the crossword pleasing work!!
Sample puzzle download issue is fixed!
Update 12/28 - Sample puzzle download issue is fixed! Tested a few different samples, they downloaded and opened with barely any wait!
I like the interface alot, easy to use. No Ads! Which is a huge plus. But once you complete all the included puzzles, and want to see which puzzle pack you may want to buy, the Sample Puzzles never download. I have left it working for up to an hour. For what is essentially a text file, its ridiculous. At this point the app is dead. I dont trust that even if I randomly picked a pack to purchase, that they would actually download.
I use it all the time
I love the app and the puzzle selection. I'd like a better way to organize the puzzles I've played - I can't recall if I've played some sets before. It would be great too to rate each puzzle myself and then have the app choose new ones for me - like Pandora. Lastly, some of the puzzles are British and some American. It would be great to know which is which before buying them.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Games
- Updated: Dec 20, 2015
- Version: 2.74
- Size: 13.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, Spanish
- Seller: Stand Alone, Inc.
- © 2008-14 Stand Alone, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Dell Magazines #1$1.99
- Aaxword's Easy Micro Puzzles$0.99
- Brendan Emmett Quigley's Favorites, Vol. 1$2.99
- Ink Well Crosswords, Volume 1$1.99
- Aaxword's Easy Themeless Puzzles$0.99
- Jonesin' Crosswords$2.99
- Ridonkulous Crosswords$1.99
- Edited by Ben Tausig, vol. 1$1.99
- You Can't Do That in a Crossword$2.99