Cubasis - Music Production System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in high-resolution audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with three virtual instruments which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 assignable physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit floating point audio engine
• Audio I/O resolution of up to 24-bit/96 kHz
• iOS 32- and 64-bit support (depending on the device used)
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with 50 ready-to-go presets
• MicroSonic with over 100 virtual instrument sounds based on HALionSonic and 16 Allen Morgan drum kits
• MiniSampler with more than 20 instrument sounds to create your own instruments
• Mixer with 15 revamped effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 550 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, iCloud Drive, external hard drives, wireless flash drives, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Audio Unit, Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or iCloud Drive or iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
"Probably the best iPad-based DAW in terms of usability and flexibility, and it links up with Cubase on your desktop, too."
"So all in all Cubasis is a hands down victory. Everything supplied here works and works perfectly. If you are a Cubase user and own an iPad, this is simply a no brainer, you have to have it."
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2, iPad Pro
Audio Unit extension requires iPad Mini 2, iPad 4 or newer model.
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase Pro 8/Pro 8.5, Cubase Artist 8/8.5, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 8.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 1.9.9
This maintenance update includes several improvements and fixes for many user-reported problems.
More information can be found at steinberg.net/cubasisforum.
Please support us by rating this app on the App Store if you like it!
Best iPad DAW to date
Cubasis for iPad is still by far the best portable DAW on the App Store. The user interface (UIX) is perfectly designed for our fat fingers. The Media management view keeps our projects nice and tidy. The track view is responsive to user gestures like pinching and dragging. The mixing view clearly designed and well stocked with effects like EQ, compression, and reverb. The midi instruments themselves are worth the $50 alone; you'll end up spending way more money on in-app purchases from other apps. Finally, the Inter-audio works perfectly; I can easily borrow Ampkit, Amplitube, and Positive Grid's Bias to make my dry guitar stem sound stellar. Great app!
Got this app a while ago on sale. Excellent app to have. This is way more manageable than Auria Pro although they both cater to different genres so to speak. If you're looking for something to go with Rap/trap (the southern and REAL TRAP) this will suffice. Audiobus will be needed since the kits cater to rock. This works well for composing and arranging. Light mixing can be done unless you have other apps to fill in the lack gap. Heavy mixing should be done via Auria (which I barely use smh) or desktop!
Amazing, but needs iPad Pro 12.9 support soon
It's amazing how far iPad apps have come since the early days, and Cubasis is one of the most impressive apps available in the store.
That said, the rather intricate user interface would really benefit from iPad Pro support. Right now many UI elements are comically and unnecessarily large.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 11, 2016
- Version: 1.9.9
- Size: 663 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays$6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX$6.99