Cubasis - Music Production System
By Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cubasis is Steinberg’s streamlined, multitouch sequencer for the iPad. Specially designed for quick and easy operation, Cubasis makes recording, editing and mixing a breeze. Record tracks in DVD audio quality, and edit your music with the Key and Sample Editors, while the included mixer and audio effects polish your song to perfection. Cubasis comes loaded with dozens of virtual instrument sounds which can be played in real time using the virtual keyboard and drum pads. Cubasis’ projects can be even opened in Cubase under Windows and OS X! Cubasis places touch-intuitive production tools in your hands, opening up a new world of possibilities for your creativity.
• Unlimited audio and MIDI tracks (depending on the device used)
• 24 physical inputs and outputs
• 32-Bit/96 kHz audio engine
• Micrologue virtual analog synthesizer with more than 50 presets
• Over 85 virtual instrument sounds based on HALion Sonic
• Mixer with 15 effect processors (insert and send effects)
• Over 400 MIDI and audio loops
• Virtual keyboard and virtual drum pads
• Sample Editor and Key Editor
• MIDI CC, program change, aftertouch support
• AirPlay, Buetooth and HDMI audio out support
• Export to Cubase, Dropbox, SoundCloud, AudioCopy & email
• MIDI clock and thru support
• Core Audio and Core MIDI compatible hardware supported
• Full Inter-App Audio and Audiobus support
• Import audio from your iTunes music library or using iTunes filesharing, use AudioPaste or set up a Wi-Fi server in Cubasis
"Cubasis now boasts one of the best implementations of Audiobus known to me."
Sebastian Dittmann, Audiobus developer
48 voices: iPad 2, iPad mini
128 voices: iPad 3, iPad 4, iPad mini 2, iPad mini 3, iPad Air, iPad Air 2
Project export to Cubase requires Cubase 7.5/Pro 8, Cubase Artist 7.5/8, Cubase LE/AI/Elements 7.
Cubasis project importer extension must be installed and is available at http://www.steinberg.net/cubasisimporter
Please check the Steinberg End User License Agreement on this website:
What's New in Version 1.9
Expand Cubasis with two new effects suites, each containing six great-sounding effects and exclusively available through in-app purchase!
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays (Tape Delay, Stereo Delay, Long Delay, Stereo Width, Non-Linear Reverb, Early Reflections)
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX (Pan & Tremolo, Rotary Speaker, Bit Reduction, TalkBox, Wah Pedal, Enhancer)
It's Okay, but needs work
Many IAA apps are missing from the Cubasis instrument and effects lists, so they can't be inserted (used).
Sometimes IAA connections are shown to be active when they are not, and the only way to restore them is to remove them and re-insert (to be fair, that might be due to IAA bugs in iOS 8.x)
MIDI piano roll view is very quirky, especially when using the marquee select tool. Also, it gets confused between vertical and horizontal when pinching to zoom in or out.
Beside that, It's fairly reliable and usable, and a lot better than BeatMaker 2
I would very much like to recommend this. I just recorded a podcast promo with it, and the actual recording wasn’t crashy. However, I can’t get the very small mixdown files to Dropbox without Cubasis crashing. This problem is well-known but has been ignored for over a year. The newest release introduces in-app purchases, but completely ignores core app stability.
I am at iOS 7.06 and I don’t want to update!
Does that mean Im cut off from the update path forever???????????????
I would go to 7.1 that’s supported but apple doesn’t give me that option.
I like the app and will change my rating to 5 stars as soon as you fix that
- Category: Music
- Updated: Feb 18, 2015
- Version: 1.9
- Size: 356 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH
- © Steinberg Media Technologies GmbH, 2015
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.1 or later. Compatible with iPad.
Top In-App Purchases
- FX Pack 1: Reverbs & Delays$6.99
- FX Pack 2: Vintage FX$6.99