Cuisine To Go
By Inaka Software
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Cuisine To Go - Now you can have YOUR entire recipe collection and grocery list in the palm of your hand!
Cuisine To Go is an iPhone reader app which works in conjunction with the desktop version of Computer Cuisine Deluxe 6.1 or later for Mac OS X or Windows.
Now you can store, enter and manage your complete home recipe collection at home, and then simply transfer your recipe collection and grocery list to your iPhone using Cuisine To Go.
Unlike other recipe apps for iPhone which allow you to browse the web and search through thousands online recipes you may know nothing about, Cuisine To Go allows you to have YOUR complete home recipe collection on your iPhone when used with the desktop version of Computer Cuisine Deluxe.
Cuisine To Go for iPhone REQUIRES the Following:
• A registered desktop version of Computer Cuisine Deluxe 6.1 or later (for Mac OS X or Windows)
• A home wireless network with WiFi enabled.
• Import your entire home recipe collection!
• Import your grocery list for the supermarket!
• Email your personal recipes to a friend anywhere, completely from your iPhone!
• View your favorite recipes from your collection with ease!
• Import different recipe collections on your phone!
• At the supermarket and don’t know what ingredients are in your favorite recipe from your collection? Access it from your iPhone!
• At a party and someone asks what's in that special dessert you brought? Email them the recipe from your iPhone!
• At a friend's house and wish you had your grandma's famous spaghetti recipe from your cookbook? Now you will! You'll have all of your personal recipes at your fingertips.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
-500 Sample Recipes Now Included
-Expanded Help Menu/Information
-Additional Food Icons
-Minor Bug Fixes
Program works well, not great for iPad
First this app does require a program to actually work. The program works well though, and is one of the more useful programs I have seen to save your own recipes. You enter the recipe information on the computer, and then it is imported to the iPhone or iPad. I thought this was a very good approach, since it is sometimes easier to edit large groups of information on the computer. The program has a good user interface, it is easy to input and edit recipes.
To me this would really be more useful on my iPad though, and this iPhone app is not great for the iPad. Your choices with this app are either half screen on the iPad, or zoomed in and blurry text. The programer claims an iPad app is coming, but in almost 6 months I still have yet to see it.
If you want a useful recipe program for the mac I would look at this product. If you want an app for your iPhone this one is probably great. If you want a recipe program for your iPad I would definitely look elsewhere.
LOVE Computer Cuisine Deluxe; love having my recipes with me with Cuisine To Go
Being a cook/baker with many recipes and many dreams of other recipes, I finally bit the bullet and typed my favorites into Computer Cuisine Deluxe. It is great to have my recipes in my iPhone at all times, as it is easy to email them to someone I am talking to or find the ingredients for a recipe while at a store. For those who complain about the program, what other ones are importable to your phone??? Also, after multiple searches, I have not found a recipe program which is as flexible and searchable as Computer Cuisine Deluxe. I am looking forward to an iPad version of the To Go software as it is quite useful to have your iPad next to you as you cook. Mike, we cooks/bakers are waiting with baited breath!!!
Good and could be better
I love the computer app and use it exclusively - have used it for years. I like having it on the iPad/iPhone because I can take it into the kitchen and don't have to print out the recipe or run back and forth to the computer. It would be better if I didn't have to take the 11 steps to reload my recipes to the device every time I want to add a new recipe on my computer. Updates to the device through the cloud would be wonderful.