By Marco Bassaletti
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
An advanced tabular data generator tool. Decimal numbers, boolean data, date and text data generation. Output formats include CSV files and SQLite Databases.
* Generation of boolean, integer and real numbers.
* Currencies, percentages, scientific numbers and spell-out numbers.
* Multiple format options for numbers and dates.
* Text generator with upper case, lower case and mixed case styles.
* Randomly variable length strings.
* Generation of data from word-list files.
* Date&Time Generator with lots of formats options, generation of random (with minimum and maximum limits) or constant dates.
* CSV File output (Comma Separated or MSExcel formats).
* SQLite Database file output (database table with de generated data)
* Unlimited row count.
* Document based application that lets you save and open your data generator project.
* Document versions.
* Full Screen support.
What's New in Version 1.0.1
- New Personal Name Generator. Generates personal names with common first names, middle names and surnames.
- New Email Generator. Generates random emails using common usernames and domain names.
- New Country Data Generator. Generate Country Name, Capital City name, Population and Area numbers, ISO Country Code and Currency Code and Currency Name.
- New Password Generator. Generates standard Un*x-like user passwords.
- New Company Name Generator. Generates business names using common suffixes like "Inc." or "Corp.".
- Now writes data to a temporary file that can be exported later, using "Export CSV File" or "Export SQLite Database" functions.
App Crashed and Now Won’t Launch. No Support Available
The app looks promising and I was able to generate a test data set of about 6 fields and 1million records. However when adding additional fields the app crashed and now can’t be launched. Tried sending a message via their support page and just get a message "Failed to send your message. Please try later or contact the administrator by another method."