Daily Notes – Diary + Journal + Organizer
By Fluid Touch Pte. Ltd.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Daily Notes is a simple yet powerful note-taking app that lets you create and organize your notes, add and manage tasks, attach photos, PDFs, sketches and even voice recordings to your notes.
All your information is synced between your iPhone and iPad via iCloud or Evernote.
Watch how it works here: https://goo.gl/XRYRx6
Daily Notes is organized as a set of Tabs, each Tab having a page for every day. Think about Tabs as “folders” where all your notes, tasks, photos, PDFs, etc. are organized. Add a Tab for your Personal Journal, create several Tabs for different Work projects, add a Tab for your Research and more.
ORGANIZE AND SECURE DATA
• Create multiple “Tabs” for your Work, Journal, Home, etc.
• Easily sort your notes into different “Tabs”
• Have numerous pages for your notes, for each day, under each “Tab”
• Attach photos/ sketches/ PDF documents to each page of your notes
• Set a password to secure your notes
• Bluetooth keyboard supported
• All Text Editor functionalities
• Improved Search and Outline function
• Highlight, bold, italize and underline notes
• Add time stamp instantly to your notes
• Categorize tasks according to your “Tabs” eg. for work, home, etc.
• Have an instant overview of pending tasks
• Schedule and create recurring tasks
• Share tasks and due dates via email
• Take notes while recording audio
• Add multiple recordings to your notes
• Pause and continue your recordings
• Can still record when device is locked
ADD PHOTOS, PDFS & SKETCHES
• Attach multiple photos to your notes
• Sketch right on the app and attach it to your notes
• Insert photos on sketches and annotate them
• Open-in and attach PDF documents, excel sheets, presentations and more to your notes
SHARE, SYNC & BACKUP
• Send your notes via Email or Evernote
• Print notes straight from your iPad or iPhone
• Sync data via Evernote or iCloud
• Backup information via iTunes or Dropbox
## HOW OTHERS ARE USING DAILY NOTES ##
• used by entrepreneurs to keep separate tabs on projects, services, office work, employees, accounting, etc and creating separate tasks for each area, viewing all tasks at once by priority/date/time/order.
• used by C-level executives and business managers to manage multiple departments, keeping track of progress, discussions and decisions across multiple projects
• used by corporate workers as a work journal, to take notes at meetings and for their daily work to-do lists
• used by sales managers to keep track of dialogues, meeting notes, progress of projects, etc.
• used by law enforcement officers as a daily log app, tracking all cases, calls and reports
• used by teachers to keep track of their classes and meetings, keeping records of their student’s progress and activities
• used by students to create several notebooks for different subjects, to keep and organize PDF textbooks, photos, voice recordings and sketches
• used by writers to keep several files of stories, topics, character developments and more.
• used by homeschooling moms to keep track of lessons plans, budgets, weekly menus, to-do lists, personal journal
• used as a personal journal for traveling, archiving photos, keeping track of doctors appointments, compiling and organizing sermons, gardening logs and more
• use to keep track of purchases, attaching screenshots of ordered items, including invoice/order forms, receipts and any emails referring to the order
• use to increase productivity by organizing and keeping track of all the different areas of your life e.g. work, kids, your own business, remodelling activities, event planing and more
• use in documenting events that you want to recall at a later date
We'd love to hear from you, let us know what you think!
What's New in Version 8.7
Critical iOS 10 compatibility update:
- Fixes an issue where app crashes while syncing with iCloud
Elegant, classy, and powerful !
I'm a frequent note-taker and the program I work with is important to me for depth, speed, and efficiency. I've pretty much tried everything out there, and settled on some powerful apps like: Outliner, IThoughts, Index Card, Taskmation-- and my personal fave, Daily Notes. For me: (a) I don't use handwriting, but I do use screenshots in a targetted way, (b) note dating is very important, including note stamping within entries, (c) Rich text formatting is very nice, though not essential, (d) Some appealing structure, but not too much, and VERY IMPORTANT, (e) a powerful, flexible search capability. A good search would have tags and dates capability, and would not only find all hits, but also gather them for study as an aggregate. All archival notes in the system should be searchable for older notes.
Anyway, let me say that it's Daily Notes that's the one that most comprehensively captures that complete mix of features-- and more-- and the one which I use most often. I also feel with Daily Notes, that I'm working within a solid and stable framework, that expresses my customized needs and I rarely encounter snags of performance. I'm thankful for the program because many such "notes" programs in the Apps store are skimpy and second rate by comparison. This one should please professionals, students, and demanding individuals with a range of needs.
Best front end for Evernote
Daily notes can be a beautiful and highly functional front end to Evernote.
I. Set up in DN with Folders. These will be EN notebooks.
2. Sync with Evernote. This is a solid 2-way sync. However, I did have to delete DN photos first. For me, that was an acceptable tradeoff.
3. In Evernote, take each DN Notebook and put it in the appropriate EN stack. I also created an EN stack for other DN notebooks. At this point, setup is done. (optional: add DN to phone & sync in from Evernote.
What I really love about this is that I can see the tasks and notes in a folder together within DN by tapping "Tasks" on the top left. It's also possible to see multiple notes by shifting the slider at the bottom to the side that looks like bullets. Suddenly my notes are far more functional!
Side notes & ideas for developer:
I prefer handwriting to typing on my iPad. The app MyScript Stylus gives me a system-wide"keyboard" that converts handwriting to text.
Also, when I dictate a DN note from my watch, it shows up in a watch folder. Currently I don't see how to enter a Task from my Watch. Would like to do so.
I would also like to use 3D touch to add a note. Finally, I would pay extra for a well developed widget. Thanks!
Needs better help section/user manual
The manual for this app is minimal at best. When a badge showed up with the number 1 on a tab, I had no idea what it meant. Did I need to sync? Was there something to save? And looking at the help section/user manual told me nothing. It was only after some tooling around and making guesses that I figured out what it was.
Also, what happened to the colored calendar indicators? All of the circles on calendar are white now so you don't see which calendar you're viewing. The screenshots for the app show notebooks with different colored backgrounds too. But nowhere is the settings that I can find is this an option. Which again brings it to... the help section needs more details.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Sep 10, 2016
- Version: 8.7
- Size: 45.9 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese
- Seller: Fluid Touch Pte. Ltd.
- © 2014 Fluid Touch PTE LTD
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.