Darkroom – Photo Editor
By Bergen Co.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Save yourself from the multi-app workflow and discover the most well-designed, integrated, and powerful editing app for iOS. We skip fantasy and novelty and focus on what matters for photographers.
## Praise for Darkroom
• “Darkroom [is] the new champion of photo editing for your iPhone” — The Sweet Setup
• Best of the App Store 2015 — Apple
• “One of the best photo editors available for iOS.” — The Verge
• “I think @usedarkroom is the best photo editing app on iOS platform.” — Om Malik
• Library Sync
All your photos are automatically imported. Delete, Hide, Favorite, and Export are all synced to your Photo library automatically.
• RAW and Large image support
A full range of cameras formats supported, up to 120MP and support for arbitrarily large JPEGs.
• Create your own filters
10 bundled filters, and 20 premium filters. Edit to match your photo.
• Batch Processing
Edit, manage, and export multiple photos at once at blazing speed.
• Pro Tools
The most usable Curves and Color tools on iOS. A dance of functionality, simplicity, and power.
Crop at full zoom, get the perfect perspective, flip, rotate, add borders, and many meaningful aspect ratios.
• White Borders
Export non-square photos as square Instagram photos with 1 tap.
• The Full Photographer's Toolbox
Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Saturation, Vibrance, Fade, Vignette, Sharpness, and Split Tones.
• Export Options
Export uncompressed TIFF and PNG files, or save space with 100%, 95% or 80% compressed JPEGs.
• Live Photo Editing
Edit, view, and export your full Live Photos with their sound and their videos. All edited to match.
• Snap Scroll
Quickly scroll through your entire library to jump to a different photo or to compare version of the same composition.
What's New in Version 3.2
Darkroom for iPhone X! Wide Gamut support, HEIC codec export, AI-backed Auto-Align, and more.
Full list of changes:
* iPhone X UI — An updated design for the iPhone X that embraces the new 2436x1125-pixel screen, making for a more immersive experience.
* Wide Gamut Color (Display P3 colorspace) — The Super Retina Display of the iPhone X brings stunning colors, true blacks, high brightness, and a 1,000,000 to 1 contrast ratio. We added end-to-end colorspace support to take full advantage of its color depth and contrast.
* Metal Rendering — In the process of enabling Wide Gamut Color we also gained a stunning performance increase. We are now powered by Metal 2 rendering, providing us near-direct access to the graphics processing unit (GPU), and enabling us to fully maximize graphics moving forward.
* Auto Horizon Detection and Correction — The Transform tool now detects and provides auto correction to quickly and easily (opt-in). All using Apple brand new Vision Machine Learning tools.
* Metadata support — Simply access it from the action menus (Long press on grid or tap the '...' button in the edit screen. See all the most important EXIF metadata fields.
* Copyright Metadata for exporting — Accessible through Export Options in Settings, you can now add copyright metadata (creator, copyright notice) to your photo when exporting.
* High Efficiency Image File Format (HEIF) — Support for importing and exporting. This new file format developed by Apple provides equal quality compared to JPEG, but at a much higher compression rate enabling smaller files sizes.
* Improved how immersive the Library grid is by auto hiding the Album Picker, and collapsing and hiding Header Action Bar when scrolling up into the library.
* Improved the Purchase Dialog shown after tapping buy from the purchase bar
* Fixed a problem that caused the app the library grid to sometimes not updated the photo previews properly
* Fixed two minor layout issues with the Live Photo and iCloud loader indicators
My favorite editor.
Darkroom is an amazingly powerful editor that is focused on image refinement. I love the fact that I could try out (but not save) the premium features to see if they are worth the reasonable price. (They are worth every penny in my opinion.)
One very important feature to me is the ability to work with very high resolution files. I sometimes shoot with super resolution apps up to 48 mp or import high resolution. Files from my cameras. Darkroom can handle up to 120mp.
When viewing the Photos library it provides viewing options that allows the library to be viewed in different ways. Other then photos confusing “sort by file creation date”. That is important to me as I will often create different versions of an image. Darkroom will allow me to see all my versions adjacent to the original instead of Photos default scattering all over the library.
I’m not a big “filters user” but the ones provided are generally useful for real photographic effect. The curves and color channel controls (premium buyup) are amazing. Powerful but easy to use.
Like many other apps it allows you to add copyright information but you can also add contact info.
There are so many pluses with this app but I wish they would include some kind of a Clarity or image definition tool.
A powerful app that is generally easy to use. Loving it. My many thanks to the developers fo a job well done. So how how about that clarity or definition tool?
Awesome app— from a pro photographer
I really like this app. As a professional photographer it meets my needs for ease of use, and intuitiveness. I am always on the go and I like how powerful this app is in making my photos look their best. Check out my Instagram at THEYAOH and see how awesome darkroom is.
There are much better (less expensive) options
The app is sleek and flashy, but I’m not paying $3.99 for features that are free in other apps. Google’s Snapseed even provides ten times the features. I personally prefer Polarr. You can adjust lighting, color, HSL, curves, grain, vignetting, all for free.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Updated: Nov 02, 2017
- Version: 3.2
- Size: 26.3 MB
- Languages: English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Welsh
- Seller: Bergen Co.
- © 2017 Bergen Co.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Pro Tools & Premium Filters$7.99
- Pro Tools$5.99
- Premium Filters$5.99
- Cross Processed Filters$3.99
- Portrait Filters$3.99
- Black & White Filters$3.99
- Landscape Filters$3.99