Save yourself from the multi-app workflow and discover the most well-designed, integrated, and powerful editing app for iOS. We skip fantasy and novelty and focus on what matters for photographers.
## Praise for Darkroom
• “Darkroom [is] the new champion of photo editing for your iPhone” — The Sweet Setup
• Best of the App Store 2015 — Apple
• “One of the best photo editors available for iOS.” — The Verge
• “I think @usedarkroom is the best photo editing app on iOS platform.” — Om Malik
• Library Sync
All your photos are automatically imported. Delete, Hide, Favorite, and Export are all synced to your Photo library automatically.
• RAW and Large image support
A full range of cameras formats supported, up to 120MP and support for arbitrarily large JPEGs.
• Create your own filters
10 bundled filters, and 20 premium filters. Edit to match your photo.
• Batch Processing
Edit, manage, and export multiple photos at once at blazing speed.
• Pro Tools
The most usable Curves and Color tools on iOS. A dance of functionality, simplicity, and power.
Crop at full zoom, get the perfect perspective, flip, rotate, add borders, and many meaningful aspect ratios.
• White Borders
Export non-square photos as square Instagram photos with 1 tap.
• The Full Photographer's Toolbox
Brightness, Contrast, Highlights, Shadows, Saturation, Vibrance, Fade, Vignette, Sharpness, and Split Tones.
• Export Options
Export uncompressed TIFF and PNG files, or save space with 100%, 95% or 80% compressed JPEGs.
• Live Photo Editing
Edit, view, and export your full Live Photos with their sound and their videos. All edited to match.
• Snap Scroll
Quickly scroll through your entire library to jump to a different photo or to compare version of the same composition.
This is a RAW update that adds tack-sharp previews (including at zoom), and ensures the Metadata viewer shows accurate EXIF information for DSLR photos. It also fixes a bug that caused RAW previews to appear washed out.
It follows the major Darkroom 3.7 update which added the all-new Hashtag Set feature, support for Siri Shortcuts, and took advantage of all the new iPhones.
New in Darkroom 3.7:
• Hashtag Sets is the most comprehensive hashtag management tool on iOS. We've added a new section in Settings to manage your hashtag sets, and we've made them accessible everywhere. When exporting, you'll be able to select which hashtag sets you need, and they'll be copied when the export completes. Alternatively, you can access them by force-touching on the app icon right from the home screen, or from the all-new Today widget. Finally, you can create your own custom Siri Shortcuts to easily copy them from any other app without even opening Darkroom.
• Take advantage of the super high quality Portrait HD photos generated by iOS 12. When you take a Portrait photo of a person, iOS 12 captures a 2x resolution, super high quality depth map. When it's available, this is what Darkroom will use to generate the preview.
• We are ceaselessly improving the app. This update brings a refresh to our in-app status and progress indicators. For example, export operations now report precisely what is happening. This is particularly helpful for long-running batch exports. If a photo needs to download from iCloud in the middle of an export, we'll report the download progress.
• Many other bug fixes and improvements throughout the app
• Darkroom 3.7.1 fixes regressions introduced to older devices.
Ratings and Reviews
You don’t need lots of time or pro skills to make the most of this ultra-fast, super-intuitive photo editor. Darkroom can access your whole photo library at once, letting you immediately start cropping, adjusting curves, and using preset filters or creating your own—until your pics are exactly how you want them.
My favorite editor.
Darkroom is an amazingly powerful editor that is focused on image refinement. I love the fact that I could try out (but not save) the premium features to see if they are worth the reasonable price. (They are worth every penny in my opinion.)
One very important feature to me is the ability to work with very high resolution files. I sometimes shoot with super resolution apps up to 48 mp or import high resolution. Files from my cameras. Darkroom can handle up to 120mp.
When viewing the Photos library it provides viewing options that allows the library to be viewed in different ways. Other then photos confusing “sort by file creation date”. That is important to me as I will often create different versions of an image. Darkroom will allow me to see all my versions adjacent to the original instead of Photos default scattering all over the library.
I’m not a big “filters user” but the ones provided are generally useful for real photographic effect. The curves and color channel controls (premium buyup) are amazing. Powerful but easy to use.
Like many other apps it allows you to add copyright information but you can also add contact info.
There are so many pluses with this app but I wish they would include some kind of a Clarity or image definition tool.
A powerful app that is generally easy to use. Loving it. My many thanks to the developers fo a job well done. So how how about that clarity or definition tool?
Thank you so much for you extremely nuanced and thoughtful review!! Your suggestions are on our roadmap.
Restored previous purchases
Not the most intuitive means of restoring previous purchases but FINALLY found the settings menu and now all is well.
3 stars because this should also be a full resolution iPad app. Take care of that and this review goes to 5 stars.
After the developer responded to my 3 star review saying “Apple doesn’t make it very easy for us to restore purchases……”, I have to add that this has never been case with other Apps – in this case it was a matter of finding the settings to be able to do this. My feelings are that developers need to standardize on the look and position of the settings gear! I upped my review by a star as they noted they were working on an iPad version, even though I feel it should have been developed for that in the first place. If this happens, I’ll make it a 5 star review.
Thank you for your honest review. Apple doesn't make it very easy for us to restore purchases, so yeah you have to go to settings to do this. As for iPad, we are actively working on it. We want to do it right.
In-App PurchasesSee All
- Bergen Co.
- 41 MB
- Photo & Video
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Arabic, Dutch, French, German, Hindi, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Malay, Portuguese, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2017 Bergen Co.
- In-App Purchases
- Pro Tools & Premium Filters $9.99
- Pro Tools $7.99
- Premium Filters $7.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.