Quotes from game sites:
"Dash or Defend is an original app that gives you two games all in one." - AppsZoom
"The originality of Dash or Defend is that in it you can play for both sides - both for attackers, and for erecting towers and fortifications. This opportunity promises players a truly fascinating gameplay, diverse and non-standard." - AppTime
Dash or Defend is a new Real-Time Strategy game in a fantasy setting, featuring two opposing sides. It is also a two-in-one Tower Defense *and* Tower Attack game!
When playing as Dash, you send your minions against the Tower base. As Defend, you must stop the minions from reaching it. Victories allow you to unlock new towers, minions and spells, so you can develop new strategies for both sides.
Battle against online opponents in fast, 5-minute games. Play random opponents or challenge your friends.
Alternate which side you play to have even more fun, while becoming better at predicting and defeating your opponents' strategies!
- Play two sides, with 100% different cards and win conditions.
- Multiplayer PvP. Duel real players in real-time. Challenge your friends or face unknown opponents.
- Discover what it's like to play the reverse side of Tower Defense.
- Unlock and upgrade towers, units and spells as you battle your way up the ranks.
- No pay to win. Cards can't be purchased - only collected through winning battles. (Plus, there are freebies!)
- Fine-tune your battle decks to fit your strategies perfectly.
- Each game only takes 5 minutes or less.
- Tap-Dash! A fun mini-game in the Flappy Bird tradition is included, to entertain you while you wait for your next opponent to press their "Battle" button.
Recommended devices: iPhone 5 and later, iPad 3 and later, iPad Mini 2 and later, iPad Air and later, iPad Pro.
The fine print:
PLEASE NOTE! Dash or Defend is free to download and play, but some game items can also be purchased for real money. You can disable in-app purchases in your device's settings.
A network connection is required to play.
If you think about subscribing as a Patron or Sponsor via iTunes:
We offer optional 1-month subscriptions to those who want to support the Dash or Defend development (completely voluntary, but much appreciated by the developers). Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase. Subscriptions automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the current period. Account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current period at the rate of your selected subscription.
Subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings on the device.
Daily Missions and Treasure Hunting:
- Unlock up to 7 treasure chests every day, by completing missions in the game.
- Returning several days in a row makes it easier to find high-level treasure.
- Improving your player level will help you discover valuable chests quicker.
The main objective remains: build the best decks you can and outsmart your opponents!
Fixes to an annoying bug with the treasure map view, and some sync issues.
Ratings and Reviews
Superb strategy game!
Where do I begin? Is it with the perfect mix of oldschool look with a hint of modern visuals? How about the unique gameplay that offers a balance between challenge and fun? I can even say that the way the game is designed with matches taking less than 5 minutes is excellent for mobile fun. Oh wait, let's not forget the game's multiplayer capability allowing you to duel other players in real-time! I could go on and on but I think I'd rather play now. Let the fun begin!!
Developer Response ,
Very nice read for us developers. Thanks a lot! We hope the fun will continue for a very, very long time. :)
Everything you'll ever want.
Love tower defense games? Love going against other people? Love being the minions? Then this game is for you! It doesn't have the best graphics, sure... but it's got great progression, it's easy to play, matches are fast, and it has exactly what you want in a multiplayer Tower Defense game! 5/5 for sure.
Developer Response ,
Thank you for those kind words! We have ideas on how to make it even better, so stay tuned...
I have played a lot of tower defense games but this is the first one where you can play defending the castle and also attack it.
It’s a funny game where you earn cards to improve your defenses (or your characters) and then play online against others
- Wereviz AB
- 136.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2016 Wereviz AB
- In-App Purchases
- Sponsor (1 month, auto-renew) $9.99
- 1200 gems $9.99
- 90 Gems $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.