By Fishbeam Software
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Data Glue is the best solution to glue file parts (.001, .002, .003 etc.) together on a Mac. These file parts are usually shared on filehosters like RapidShare, if the orginal file is too large. Data Glue is HJSplit compatible and works with all common file part formats.
Features of Data Glue:
• Data Glue is the best solution to glue file parts (.001, .002, .003 etc.) together on a Mac. These file parts are usually shared on filehosters like RapidShare, if the orginal file is too large. Data Glue is HJSplit compatible and works with all common file part formats.
• After gluing a file together, Data Glue moves the parts automatically to the trash and opens archive files (.zip, .rar etc.) automatically with the correct expander application.
• Data Glue integrates perfectly with Safari. You can start the glue operation even if Safari has not finished the download of all file parts. Data Glue waits for the missing parts and glues the already finished parts in the meantime.
• We have optimized Data Glue so that it can glue very fast. You can glue several files at the same time and every glue operation uses its own thread. Because of these advantages, Data Glue is the best glue solution on the Mac.
• With Data Glue you can cut up your own files like the movie from your last hollidays and share it to your friends on a file hoster. With Data Glue you can freely choose the file part size.
What's New in Version 2.2
- Added option to zip files before cutting.
- Added support for cutting bundles
- Fishbeam news system added
Does exactly what it's designed to do without fuss.
I have been on the proverbial hunt for a file splitting utility for Mac. I tried a few of the freebie ones but they were very cryptic. I came across this and it is very simple to use. Worth the $2, definitely. There is a free version on their website but it lacks the .ZIP conversion prior to splitting. I like this app a lot, especially for uploading large files to my cloud drives and getting them in under the file size thresholds.
Great app, definitely worth $2!
It does exactly what it needs to do. I've never had any trouble with combining files. I did have trouble once with a transport stream or (.ts) video file, but I don't know if that was the application or the file. I've only tried breaking up files twice, and since both were sucessful, I'll assume it always works.
This app is the best. Trust me. I've tried several. It was really hard to find a good application that works. I HIGHLY recommend it.
Only half works
I bought this for splitting larger files into smaller sizes for archival purposes. First of all, you don’t have much control over what file size you want (the maximum size is 1GB), and second of all IT DIDN’T EVEN WORK. Waste of money.
It split the files, but then when putting them back together, I get a zip that won’t open - it just creates a new file that if I click on recreates the original zip, ad infinitum.
Waste of money.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Dec 14, 2011
- Version: 2.2
- Size: 2.7 MB
- Languages: English, German
- Seller: Yves Pellot
- © 2011 Fishbeam Software
Compatibility: OS X 10.4.4 or later