Debit & Credit - Personal Finance Manager
By Ivan Pavlov Pty Ltd
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
If you are looking for a personal finance app that is convenient, easy to use and at the same time has enough features, then Debit & Credit is the right app for you.
• All accounts in one app
Keeping financial records was always a bit of a hassle. But now you can actually enjoy it. See all your accounts in one place and manage your everyday finances.
• Super fast
Creating a new transaction now takes a matter of seconds. The app was designed with simplicity and convenience in mind. It will never require you to make dozens of unnecessary steps to accomplish simple tasks.
• Companion iOS & Apple Watch app
Debit & Credit has its own app for iPhone and iPad, which you can use to add transactions on the go. It is super convenient and keeps data in sync via iCloud.
• Importing data
We know how important it is to be able to import transactions from your financial institutions. That's why we support CSV, QIF, QMTF, OFX and QFX files. And you can also choose which particular transactions to import from a file, something that not all financial apps know how to do.
• Budgets & Scheduled Transactions
Do you want to budget expenses on a particular category? No problems. Do you plan to make a transaction in the future and want to be reminded about it? Consider it done.
We believe in clean, crisp reports that are easy to read and understand. See where and what do you spend your money on. Other types of reports are available too.
• Bank reconciliation mode
Sometimes we all need extra help to keep our accounts in shape. You can easily reconcile your accounts with bank statements in the app to eliminate any disparities.
• Powerful features
Split categories, pending transactions, transaction export, file attachments (with sync), transaction tags, printing reports and saving them as PDF files - all those and many other features are at your disposal when you need them.
• iCloud sync
We will never ask you to create an account or provide any personal details. All data is stored in iCloud, it is not available to anyone except you.
• Shared Accounts
Do you want to share some of your accounts with someone else? No problems, you can share selected accounts via iCloud while keeping other accounts private. Great for managing family finances!
In the free version of the app you can create an unlimited number of transactions every day. However, to have more than two accounts in the app, you will need to purchase Premium version for $9.99.
In case of any questions please don't hesitate to contact email@example.com.
What's New in Version 2.1.1
Improvements to pending transactions:
• Uncleared account balance (calculated including pending transactions) is displayed in the top panel if you have pending transactions.
• Added option to create pending transactions by default (available in the new transaction form settings).
• Added optional table column with running balance that includes pending transactions (right click the table header to activate).
• Pending transactions are now included into account balance forecast and "What will happen to my wealth?" report.
Support for the Touch Bar & Touch ID on MacBook Pro:
• Tap the Touch Bar to create a transaction, view balance forecast or switch to the statement reconciliation mode.
• Previously used metadata items (categories, descriptions, etc) are suggested on the Touch Bar when you start entering them in the new transaction form.
• Calculator buttons are displayed when entering transaction amount.
• Move the slider in the Touch Bar when viewing a report to navigate through the report graph.
• Unlock Debit & Credit with Touch ID (requires PIN to be enabled in the preferences).
Other improvements and fixes:
• Balance forecast report graph displays additional axis at zero if your account balance will become negative in the future.
• Future dated transactions that fall into current budget period are now included into budgets.
• Search improvements. Now when searching for a whole amount (e.g. 35) the app displays all transactions with similar amounts (e.g. 35.31, 35.95).
• Added option to hide time in the new transaction form.
• If you share your accounts with someone else, you can enter his name in the search field to find transactions that he created or edited.
• Improved performance of wealth-related reports.
• Improvements related to sharing accounts with other users.
• Fixed bug when transaction form dismissal after editing was a bit slow.
• Fixed UI bug when selection was not be restored after expanding account/budget section.
• Other bug fixes and improvements
This is the 12th free major update for Debit & Credit. If you like it, please leave a rating for the current version. Thank you for using Debit & Credit!
The more I use it the more I like it
I like this app for the most part, my only complaints are very minor such as it seems it takes input for an entry backwards from other apps. When you make a new entry it wants the amount first and the place you spent money last. It has never crashed on me or list any records which is a plus over the other finance apps aI have tried. I love the Iphone app that can sync seamlessly with this one. I have tried many others and they have all had problems with this. There is a widget to make an entry which I use a lot so I don’t have to open the full app just top make an entry. I use this app most evry day and it has never failed. I have looked for a replacement for it just in case and honestly there is not one on Mac. As fas as I can tell this is the best check book regster program for Mac at this price. There are some for fifty bucks but O am not paying that much for one. This is robably better anyway. I did try IBank rial once and liked this better and that is a fifty dollar app.
This app has all the important bells and whistles
One of the best apps I’ve used
I was using an outdated and rarely updated app that had basic purchase tracking ability. It also didn’t have a MacOS app to go with the iOS app. I’ve since upgraded to both the iOS and MacOS Debit & Credit app and wish I had known about it sooner! The ability to set up multiple income streams and budgets is fantastic. The iOS app will actually save the GPS location of a payee, so when you go to log a future purchase, the payee and account is already populated. I love the TouchBar support in the app, too. It really makes tracking your purchases and setting budgest easy, especially keeping an eye on things. I also love the ability to automatically setup scheduled payments. You can easily track all of your incoming and outgoing cash flows. I can’t recommend this app enough. I've also used Parcel by the same developer for a while now and love that app, too. Keep up the good work!
Simple, works well
I’ve been using the app now for about a month and I’ve found that it's exactly what I needed. I’ve looked at other apps to replace my 2005 version of Quicken for PC, which I’d been running on a VM for years, and they all were over-priced or too complicated. I really only need a checkbook replacement, so I don’t need tons of unecessaary bells and whistles and the price is just right. I’d imgine the budgeting aspect is well done, but I haven’t used that. I downloaded and have tried the iPhone app, which is good. It’s not something I think I’ll use regularly, but I like that I can sync the data between both apps through the iCloud if I need, or to see my balances when away from my computer.
Additionally I’ve emailed Ivan a couple times with questions and he’s extremely prompt and curtious in his replies. That’s a huge plus. Keep up the good work.
- Category: Finance
- Updated: Nov 14, 2016
- Version: 2.1.1
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Portuguese, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Ivan Pavlov Pty Ltd
- © Ivan Pavlov
Compatibility: OS X 10.10 or later, 64-bit processor
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Version$9.99