Deep Dig is an advanced DNS lookup utility with DNS trace support and history. With it you can quickly lookup DNS records by simply specifying record types, custom servers, ports, and other options right in the query, like you do in the dig command line utility.
For example, if you need to lookup domain name server records for paully.com domain from authoritative servers, then you can simply type in the following query:
paully.com ns +trace
· support for A, AAAA, ANY, CNAME, PTR, NS, MX, SOA, SRV records
· support for "-t type" option or just add record type into query
· support for "+trace" and "+all" options typed in query/hostname field
· support for custom DNS server and port via "-h host" and "-p port" options
· support for custom DNS server "@server:port" option typed in query
· support for DNS queries to local multicast IP addresses (automatically)
· support for querying Bonjour/mDNS servers
· support for querying LLMNR servers
· automatic reverse DNS (PTR) record lookup when you type in IPv4/IPv6 address
· automatic Geo IP country lookup on resolving an IP or domain name
MORE GREAT APPS
· Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
· Scany - Wi-Fi/LAN network scanner
○ performance and stability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
linux DIG command , exactly what i was looking for!
this app is essentially perfect for what it does, gives you FULL access/use of the linux dig command for dns , on your iPhone.
Thanks developer (his other network related apps are excellent too i use them as well)
One bug, one flaw
Despite the screen shot on the App Store, the app does not rotate to landscape view on my 10.5” iPad Pro.
The ability to compare different dns queries is extremely valuable (accomplished by scrolling in Terminal.app on Mac OS). This app, and many like it, refresh the screen between queries making comparisons impossible (unless you commit the entire screen contents to memory between queries).
The app functions, thus two stars as a minimum but it could be so much better.
Developer Response ,
1) As of now only result view rotates to landscape. The main UI is not rotating yet, but the updated UI is planned already.
2) Added a note to to do list to add an option to not overwrite old results.
Thank you :)
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.