By Pavel Ahafonau
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Deep Whois is the most complete and advanced WHOIS app. The tool lets you lookup info in ALL WHOIS databases for ALL hostnames, domains, TLDs, web sites, IDNs, IP addresses (both IPv4 and IPv6), IP network ranges and autonomous systems (ASNs, ISP IDs).
Deep Whois works out of the box and finds ownership, country and more info about everything with no need to mess with complex options and server selection.
- WHOIS domains, IP addresses, ranges, IDNs and ASNs
- Supports ALL domain zones, TLDs, IDNs known to date
- Supports IPv4 and IPv6 addresses and networks
- Support ARIN, RIPE, APNIC, LACNIC, AFRINIC and referral servers
- Automatic selection of WHOIS servers
- Digging WHOIS records from referrals
- Result history for all lookups
- Group results into multiple histories
- E-mail WHOIS results
P.S. If you’d like to dig even more info about an IP, a web site or a Wi-Fi network, have a look at our allmighty Scany app.
MORE GREAT APPS
· Spyglass - augmented reality & GPS navigator
· Scany - Wi-Fi/LAN network scanner
What's New in Version 1.9.9
- fully supports iPad as a universal app
· supports native iPad screen resolution
· supports Portrait orientations
· one app for all devices
- WHOIS for TLD zones themselves
· just type "COM" or "US" in query
- significantly improved WHOIS
· automatically recognizes domain part of a hostname
· now supports 4220 domain zones in total (+ 2314 new)
· supports all 528 top level domain zones (+ 285 new)
· supports 3692 second level domain zones (+ 2029 new)
· supports all 61 IDN TLD (+ 37 new)
· 3727 zones with full WHOIS
· 493 zones with DNS info
· all zones with WHOIS are manually verified
· improved IPv4 and IPv6 lookup
· improved ASN lookup
· fixed WHOIS encoding for many international zones
- updated IP to country database
- improved keyboard handling
- improved IDN parsing
- improved DNS parsing
- fixed memory leaks
- fixed possible crashes
Works generally fine for it's intended purpose. I don't use it too often, but when I do I wish it included the standard browser bar keyboard with shortcuts for the most popular top level domains (.com etc.). As one reviewer already pointed out, it is a major pain to have to manually type those out for each and every domain.
Ok, Needs MAJOR Improvment
I saw this app on AppsGoneFree(great app, you should get it) and so I said "Huh, This looks cool and legit", so I downloaded it. Says I live in Los Angels, but really I am on the East Coast. You even could've turned on location to make it say where you actually lives... That is all. You have the base of a great app, you just need more to make it amazing
Very well made app for a very simple task.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 28, 2014
- Version: 1.9.9
- Size: 4.2 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Russian, Spanish
- Seller: Pavel Ahafonau
- © 2009-2014 Pavel Ahafonau
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.