Defend Your Castle HD features the same castle defending action you love, now on the big screen with improved graphics & sound!
Play on iPad 2 and up for the best graphics & performance!
Joystiq.com says: "You'd be insane not to give Defend Your Castle a download. Final Score 9/10"
iPhone Games Network wrote: "It’s more cathartically satisfying than bubble wrap and a whole lot prettier"
Apple ranked called Defend Your Castle one of the "Best Castle Defense Games" on the App Store!
Prepare to Defend your Castle against the relentless army of invaders! Those crafty barbarian hordes have amassed their forces once again to challenge your domain. Will you and your court rise to the challenge, or stand aside as they raze your Castle to the ground?
• Battle many different types of enemy invaders, requiring varying tactics to defeat
• Upgrade your kingdom with fortified walls, the archery range, wizard tower, craftsmen's workshop, and the demolition laboratory
• Strengthen your forces by converting soldiers and assigning them as Archers, Wizards, or Craftsmen to work within your castle or deploying them as Bombers
• Cast powerful spells with the aid of your Wizards
• Your superb defending abilities will earn you up to 45 new achievements!
• Unlimited levels: Continue to grow the strength of your Kingdom indefinitely
• Heroic difficulty mode for players of royal descent
Ratings and Reviews
Original flash game is MUCH better
Why mess with a good thing?
The original game had sharp, colorful (albeit simple) graphics. This game looks like somebody's junk drawer vomited on my screen. Buttons, string, bits of paper, receipts, playing cards, scrabble tiles...what the hell is this stuff?
The graphics are also very blurry. Don't let the. "HD" in the title fool you--these are iPhone-sized images that have been resized to fit the iPad's screen. Lazy garbage, in other words.
The graphics have a real impact on gameplay, as enemies seem to be larger (meaning fewer fit on screen), and they're just painful to look at.
Creating henchmen is more difficult, and they don't seem to do anything. I watched a dozen archers (not really--unlike the original game, any number of henchmen are represented by a single button--I'm not kidding) sit around and do nothing while my castle was leveled.
Bottom line: this game is a steaming pile of inferiority. Go play the original flash game and save yourself $5.
If you buy enough archers, you can win this game without even playing. This game has terrible design. not recommended
It seems like fun at first, but it's definitely not worth investing time into. Playing this for an hour made me feel sorry for myself and depressed.
This app is really addicting. I really like how it looks and i look forward for some alsome updates and hopefully a multiplayer. :)
- XGen Studios Inc.
- 31.7 MB
- Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 9+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- © 2011 XGen Studios, Inc.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.