In Deponia, the world has degenerated into a vast garbage dump, in which the crotchety Rufus ekes out his sorry existence. He is part of the lowest social class, doomed to live his life in literal mountains of trash. He hopes for an opportunity to get into the world of the rich, who live in a floating city high above the clouds. Fate seems to smile on the snotty good-for-nothing when one day the attractive lady named Goal from the higher sector plummets into one of the trash heaps. Rufus decides to help the young woman out by taking her back to her husband. When he notices that Goal's husband is a dead ringer for himself, he hatches a diabolical scheme to gain access to the upper world. However, things don't work out quite as planned, since he has feelings for the beauty which limits his usual unscrupulousness.
Help Rufus, the poor boy from the junkyard, to win over the girl from heaven. Only with this rich girl from his dreams he might be able to escape Deponia and, unexpectedly, to save the planet.
- Unique comic style with hand-drawn HD resolution 2D graphics
-Bizarre characters and wacky humor
- Challenging puzzles and hours of dialogue
- Unique universe in the tradition of Douglas Adams (The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy), Terry Pratchett (Discworld) and Matt Groening (The Simpsons, Futurama)
- From the creators of the award-winning games Edna & Harvey: The Breakout, Edna & Harvey: Harvey’s New Eyes and The Whispered World
Languages: English*, German*, French, Italian*, Spanish*, Russian, Polish, Turkish, Czech, Bulgarian, Greek, Portuguese
* Audio Available
- Engine Update to Visionaire 4.2
- Minor Bugfixes
Ratings and Reviews
There’s a bug towards the end! :(
I really enjoyed this game up until the end. There’s a bug at the end the makes the game crash. I’ve tried reopening it and playing but it’s crashed five or six times in a row now.
Point and click adventure nostalgia
If you're craving a classic point and click, puzzle solving, great cartton artwork style game then look no further. This mac port sounds, looks and even works great. Brings me back to the day of Lucasarts Day of the tentacle days. These games are a lost art and Deponia does an excellent job at reviving the genre. Please do yourself a favor and download this game.
I really like this type of game, but I wish that I could get my money back for this one. The sad thing is that the art is really great. The voice acting is also good. There are so many great ideas, but the main character is just impossible to like. All he does is berate others and whine. Oh my lord at the whining. I couldn’t play through the game.
- Daedalic Entertainment Gmbh
- 1.5 GB
- OS X 10.7 or later, 64-bit processor
- English, Bulgarian, Czech, French, German, Greek, Italian, Polish, Russian, Spanish, Turkish
- Age Rating
- Rated 12+ for the following:
- Infrequent/Mild Mature/Suggestive Themes
- Infrequent/Mild Profanity or Crude Humor
- Infrequent/Mild Cartoon or Fantasy Violence
- Infrequent/Mild Sexual Content and Nudity
- © 2011 Daedalic Entertainment GmbH
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.