Deseret Bookshelf (LDS e-reader)
By Deseret Book Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Deseret Bookshelf is the incredibly simple way to read, search, and study your entire LDS library. This powerful app is the perfect companion for gospel learning, and a satisfying source of inspiration and doctrine that will last a lifetime.
Now in addition to eBooks, Deseret Bookshelf plays audiobooks purchased from DeseretBook.com!
Bookshelf from Deseret Book has been completely redesigned, making it simply the best LDS eBook reader available. When you get started you’ll receive eight free eBooks and find:
● Perfect for when you have a spiritual thought or to help you begin your day right.
● Thousands pre-loaded which you can find by Author, Topic, or Source
● Mark quotes as a favorite. Any quote you mark as a favorite will synchronize across all of your devices.
● Jump to the original source of the quote, if the book it is from is in your library; or if you don’t own the source you can learn more about it.
● Daily quote updates - Each day a new quote delivered to your device. You can set a reminder to let you know about the new quote either on a daily or weekly basis.
● Normal, Night, and Sepia reading modes
● Customizable view (fonts, font size, line spacing)
● Page-view and scroll-view options
● Elegant, modern interface optimized for iOS 7
● Tabbed reading allows you to easily switch between several open eBooks
● Easy access to your notes, highlights, and bookmarks
● All annotations backed up and accessible across your iOS devices
Search (faster and more powerful)
● Search your entire library or a single book
● Find exact phrases, any, or all search terms
● More accurate than ever before
● Easily switch between your library and search results
● Ability to share favorite passages with anyone through email, Facebook, and Twitter
● Option to tell your networks what books and authors you’re reading
Download the app and create an account to receive eight free classic LDS titles, plus a free audiobook:
1) Increase in Learning - David A. Bednar
2) Power of Everyday Missionaries - Clayton M. Christensen
3) Beginning of Better Days - Sheri Dew, Virginia Pearce
4) Be Your Best Self - Thomas S. Monson
5) Jesus the Christ - James E. Talmage
6) Lectures on Faith - Joseph Smith
7) Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
8) Gospel Doctrine - Joseph F. Smith
Plus the entire Standard Works: the Old and New Testaments, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. LDS scripture references within eBooks are linked to the entire standard works, allowing you to easily explore scriptural connections within your library.
PLUS your choice of the following audio:
● Recovering Charles
● Joseph Smith, The Early Years
● Jesus of Nazareth, Volume 1
Shop our eBook store for over 3,000 LDS eBook titles and other world classics from your favorite authors. Shop our audio store for over 500 titles. Download many official Church publications for free, including curriculum materials and reference books.
Need help? Try our FAQs: http://deseretbook.com/bookshelf_faq
Need more help? Email us at email@example.com
What's New in Version 3.6
● The application now supports eBooks with expanded content. Tap on identified sections within an eBook to use the additional information.
● Audiobook bookmarks. Now you can mark all the moments in an audiobook that inspires you. Audio bookmarks will also synchronize across your devices.
● Study sessions now synchronize across all of your devices.
● Your last read position synchronizes between devices. When you open a title on a device different from the one on which you last read, you will be asked if you want to move to the last read position from the other device.
● It is now easier to edit an existing user-created quote, or to add a new user-created quote.
● Search functionality and layout improvements, with better navigation and consistency of how results are shown.
● Quick search improvements. Perform a search from the magnifying glass icon inside an eBook and you will see search results from the current book.
● Better synchronization of all of your data between devices.
● Study sessions now remembers previously made searches, library filters, quotes and font sizes.
● Fixed multiple problems with audiobooks resulting from the application being put into the background by pressing the home button.
● Fixed some problematical links inside some of eBooks.
● Fixed crashes connected to logging in and logging out with different users.
● Fixed crashes with downloading and archiving some of audio and eBooks.
● Fixed a problem in library where archived books appear in your downloaded section.
● Fixed issues with the keyboard hiding when you type in a search field.
● Fixed a bug with adjusting highlight brightness in night mode.
● Many others small bugs also fixed.
Love this app
I have had issues with the app, but it is a lot better with this last update after installing IOS 9. There is still a few issues,but it is better than any other book app that I have. I have at least 4 different book apps. This is the one I use about 95% of the time. If there is an issue they try to solve it.
The only thing that would make it better is to allow the reader to adjust the size of the print on the page more than it does now. Hope they keep improving how it runs.
The only real issue I have is sometimes it won't download the cover of a book and then it becomes a pain. Thank you for all your hard work.
Crashes every single time
After the last update I haven't been able to read anything. It crashes every single time I open it. It worked well before. I have many books and would love to be able to read them.
Sorry but needs lots of work
I keep having to download my books. I have over 50 books on the app do it is quite a pain to have to download them every week. Also the prices for E-books are way to high. Just threw that in not the apps fault but since Deseret book owns the app I guess it is applicable. Not sure why an ebook should cost anywhere near the price of a hard bound since no printing required and no shipping, no storage and no loss due to theft or accident. So lower the prices.