Deseret Bookshelf (LDS e-reader)
By Deseret Book Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Deseret Bookshelf is the incredibly simple way to listen, read, search, and study your entire LDS library. This powerful app is the perfect companion for gospel learning, and a satisfying source of inspiration and doctrine that will last a lifetime.
Now in addition to eBooks, Deseret Bookshelf plays audiobooks purchased from Deseret Book.
Deseret Bookshelf has been completely redesigned, making it the most comprehensive LDS eBook reader and audiobook player available. When you get started you’ll receive eight free eBooks and access to over 200 other free titles and find:
● View the items you last opened on any of your synced devices.
● Get recommendations on audiobooks and eBooks.
● Find plenty of free titles, ready for you to enjoy.
● Downloading an audiobook or eBook can be done in a single tap.
● Add titles to your digital wishlist
● Listen to over 500 audiobooks with our beautiful audiobook player
● Easily navigate between named chapters and fast-forward or rewind by 30 seconds
● Normal, Night, and Sepia reading modes
● Customizable view (fonts, font size, line spacing)
● Page-view and scroll-view options
● Elegant, modern interface optimized for iOS 10
● Tabbed reading allows you to easily switch between several open eBooks
● Easy access to your notes, highlights, and bookmarks
● All annotations backed up and accessible across your iOS devices
● You can search the entire Deseret Book digital library (over 6,000,000 pages) in seconds
● Search through your personal library or in a single book
● Find exact phrases, any, or all search terms
● Easily switch between your library and search results
● Access thousands of quotes in our quote vault which you can find by author, topic, or source.
● A perfect resource for when you have a spiritual thought or to help you begin your day right.
● Mark quotes as a favorite. Any quote you mark as a favorite will synchronize across all of your devices.
● Jump to the original source of the quote, if the book it is from is in your library; or if you don’t own the source you can learn more about it.
● Daily quote updates - Each day a new quote delivered to your device. You can set a reminder to let you know about the new quote either on a daily or weekly basis.
● Ability to share favorite passages with anyone through email, Facebook, and Twitter
● Option to tell your networks what books and authors you’re reading
Download the app and create an account to receive eight free classic LDS titles, plus a free audiobook:
1) Increase in Learning - David A. Bednar
2) Power of Everyday Missionaries - Clayton M. Christensen
3) Beginning of Better Days - Sheri Dew, Virginia Pearce
4) Be Your Best Self - Thomas S. Monson
5) Jesus the Christ - James E. Talmage
6) Lectures on Faith - Joseph Smith
7) Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
8) Gospel Doctrine - Joseph F. Smith
Plus the entire Standard Works: the Old and New Testaments, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. LDS scripture references within eBooks are linked to the entire standard works, allowing you to easily explore scriptural connections within your library.
PLUS your choice of the following audio:
- Recovering Charles
- Joseph Smith, The Early Years
- Jesus of Nazareth, Volume 1
Shop our eBook store for over 3,000 LDS eBook titles and other world classics from your favorite authors. Shop our audio store for over 500 titles. Download many official Church publications for free, including curriculum materials and reference books.
Need more help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 4.0.1
● UI changes in quotes. Now it is easier to share favorite quotes with others.
● Optimizations in Library and Discovery views.
● Visual refinements in My Markups section providing more useful information.
● Search improvements for faster performance.
● General application stabilization.
● Various crashes in Discovery and Library have been fixed.
● Fixed issues related to latest iOS 10.
● Many others bugs fixed.