Deseret Bookshelf (LDS e-reader)
By Deseret Book Company
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Deseret Bookshelf is the incredibly simple way to read, search, and study your entire LDS library. This powerful app is the perfect companion for gospel learning, and a satisfying source of inspiration and doctrine that will last a lifetime.
Now in addition to eBooks, Deseret Bookshelf plays audiobooks purchased from DeseretBook.com!
Bookshelf from Deseret Book has been completely redesigned, making it simply the best LDS eBook reader available. When you get started you’ll receive eight free eBooks and find:
● Perfect for when you have a spiritual thought or to help you begin your day right.
● Thousands pre-loaded which you can find by Author, Topic, or Source
● Mark quotes as a favorite. Any quote you mark as a favorite will synchronize across all of your devices.
● Jump to the original source of the quote, if the book it is from is in your library; or if you don’t own the source you can learn more about it.
● Daily quote updates - Each day a new quote delivered to your device. You can set a reminder to let you know about the new quote either on a daily or weekly basis.
● Normal, Night, and Sepia reading modes
● Customizable view (fonts, font size, line spacing)
● Page-view and scroll-view options
● Elegant, modern interface optimized for iOS 7
● Tabbed reading allows you to easily switch between several open eBooks
● Easy access to your notes, highlights, and bookmarks
● All annotations backed up and accessible across your iOS devices
Search (faster and more powerful)
● Search your entire library or a single book
● Find exact phrases, any, or all search terms
● More accurate than ever before
● Easily switch between your library and search results
● Ability to share favorite passages with anyone through email, Facebook, and Twitter
● Option to tell your networks what books and authors you’re reading
Download the app and create an account to receive eight free classic LDS titles, plus a free audiobook:
1) Increase in Learning - David A. Bednar
2) Power of Everyday Missionaries - Clayton M. Christensen
3) Beginning of Better Days - Sheri Dew, Virginia Pearce
4) Be Your Best Self - Thomas S. Monson
5) Jesus the Christ - James E. Talmage
6) Lectures on Faith - Joseph Smith
7) Teachings of the Prophet Joseph Smith
8) Gospel Doctrine - Joseph F. Smith
Plus the entire Standard Works: the Old and New Testaments, The Book of Mormon, Doctrine & Covenants, and Pearl of Great Price. LDS scripture references within eBooks are linked to the entire standard works, allowing you to easily explore scriptural connections within your library.
PLUS your choice of the following audio:
● Recovering Charles
● Joseph Smith, The Early Years
● Jesus of Nazareth, Volume 1
Shop our eBook store for over 3,000 LDS eBook titles and other world classics from your favorite authors. Shop our audio store for over 500 titles. Download many official Church publications for free, including curriculum materials and reference books.
Need help? Try our FAQs: http://deseretbook.com/bookshelf_faq
Need more help? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
What's New in Version 3.4
● Audio Book Support. All your previous or newly-purchased audio books will show up in your library. You can download all or only a portion of an audio books to playback. You can select a free audio book when you install this new version.
● Message Center. Important deals, announcements, and tips will be stored in the Bookshelf Message Center. Each time you start the application you will be notified if there is a new message. Also if you have pending messages that have not been read, the application icon will show the number of unread messages.
● Now there is a “Quote of the Day” Widget you can add to your today / notification screen on your device. Simply drag down from the top of the screen, tap the Edit button and find the Deseret Book “Today’s Quote” widget to add to your screen.
● Improved filtering and sorting options in the Library, Annotations, and Quotes study tools.
● Fixed multiple issues around searching, including problems with showing search suggestions, search results, and sorting the results.
● Searching now includes the quotes database in your search results.
● Fixed a bug where if you had a list of search results and rotated the device, the results were lost.
● Fixed various issues in the Library Study Tools.
● Fixed various application crashes.
Content great, Usability awkward
I love the content you can get on this app; but the app is still awkward to use, not user friendly.
For instance, I am reading Jesus the Christ, and I have to tap or swipe to go to the next page instead of scrolling; if I want to mark something that straddles pages, good luck.
At my fingertips
Love how learning has become as easy as ever. One click and I'm right back where I left off. Thank you Deseret Book!
Use this app often
Enjoy having a book in my pocket all the time.
- Category: Books
- Updated: Jul 16, 2015
- Version: 3.4
- Size: 61.4 MB
- Languages: English, Portuguese
- Seller: Deseret Book Digital
- © 2015 Deseret Book Company
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.