By Forging Destiny Studios LLC
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Create and View your Photoshop Canvas Live on your iPhone over WiFi! Save to camera roll!
Design Duet connects your iPhone directly to Photoshop natively using Photoshop Remote Connections. Use the document presets to create your document using the standard retina display document size for iPhone 5, iPhone 4S, and iPhone 4 in both landscape and portrait mode. Changes made on your Photoshop canvas are automatically updated on DesignDuet to preview your designs.
Connect in two easy steps
1) Enable Remote Connections in Photoshop by clicking Edit > Remote Connections
2) Launch Design Duet, find your computer and enter your password.
That's it! Now you can view how your design looks on your device.
About Design Duet:
- Automatically detects Photoshop instances running on your WiFi Network (no need to enter your IP address).
- Preview your Launch Images, App Store screenshots, App prototypes, and Mobile Photoshop designs easily on your device without having to export and transfer.
- Save preview image to your Camera Roll.
- Share flattened image via Email, SMS, and More (incl. Popular Social Networks)
- Contains Photoshop document presets for creating designs for the iPhone 5 and iPhone 4/S resolutions.
- Intuitive Interface.
- Easy to setup with simple instructions.
- Full screen viewer with 3 different zoom levels: 50%, 100%, and Aspect Fit.
- Works in Portrait and Landscape Mode.
- Works for previewing retina designs.
- Works over your local WiFi connection.
- PNG and JPEG preview modes.
- Remembers your Photoshop Remote Connection password for future use.
The app screen shows only the contents of your Photoshop canvas without any window chrome, and works independently of screen resolutions or configurations. No other desktop software to download! All you need is Design Duet and Photoshop!
Design Duet - Your Photoshop Canvas and Device Together In Perfect Harmony
NOTE: Requires Photoshop CS5 (12.0.4) or higher.
This app is a fantastic idea and was thrilled when I first downloaded it. However, when I went to use the app I found out it had a height restriction (about 2000 px). After the psd canvas hits a certain height, the comp zooms out on the phone; opposed to filling full screen and allowing the user to scroll. This app is absolutely worthless because most mobile stores are going to exceed this restriction on almost every layout. I have also tried contacting support and have received no answer or updates on this problem. Once they fix this issue I will change my rating to 5 stars.
Amazing app. Stupidly easy
This is the first app review I have ever written. This app is simply fantastic. It's dead simple to use and looks great.
Super simply to connect, looks gorgeous, app doesn't get in the way... What else could you ask for?
Suggestion: make sure you use PNG mode otherwise you might get jpeg artifacts (it's in the options overlay)
Very glitchy and unstable
I used to love this app, even though it would freeze on me every now and then. But now it's becoming simply intolerable. The screen won't update and then the entire app goes in dead mode and won't react to anything I'm trying to do.
I guess the devs've abandoned this app which is sad — at least make the app free then. In case someone alive on the dev side is reading this now, I'd love a "Force screen update" button — the app becomes unresponsive more then needed.
- Category: Photo & Video
- Released: Mar 19, 2013
- Version: 1.0
- Size: 9.0 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Forging Destiny Studios LLC
- © 2013 Forging Destiny Studios LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 4.3 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.