By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
DEVONagent Lite puts web search to where it belongs: next to Spotlight into your menu bar. Search all major and many specialized search engines and databases with a single click.
Search the web like with spotlight:
DEVONagent Lite adds a web search field to your menu bar. All major search engines always at your service. Its global keyboard shortcut saves you even that click.
Just click DEVONagent Lite's menu bar icon, or press its keyboard shortcut, and start typing instead of switching to your browser, opening a new window, and clicking the search field first. Hit Return and DEVONagent Lite opens the search results in your default browser.
Use the best engine for the job:
General-purpose search engines are great for general questions but often it's better to ask the right people who really know.
Choose your search engine of choice from the magnifying glass pop-up menu to directly search in developer resources, blogs, dictionaries, directories, discussion lists, legal or medical databases, news, or reference sites such as Wikipedia. Find Facebook profiles, tweets, or images without deviation.
Supported search engines categories:
- General purpose
- Apple- and Mac-related (e.g. App Store, MacUpdate)
- Computer science
- Dictionaries (e.g. Wiktionary)
- Educational resources
- Images and videos (e.g. YouTube, Flickr)
- References (e.g. Wikipedia)
- Social networking (e.g. Facebook Profiles, Twitter)
What's New in Version 3.9.1
This update now searches Stack Overflow and GitHub.
- "Stack Overflow" and "GitHub Code Search" plugins.
- Error logging to the console.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 3.9.1
- Size: 3.8 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2011 – 2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.7.5 or later