By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
DEVONagent Pro helps you search more efficiently on the web. It searches multiple sources, frees you from hunting for the really relevant results, and gives you power tools for your research.
YOUR PERSONAL META SEARCH ENGINE
DEVONagent Pro is not a simple web search engine interface. It knows how to talk to search engines — and how to squeeze the best out of them.
DEVONagent connects to as many search engines as you want, collects the data, and weeds out the junk that managed to slip through. It also scans your favorite websites and notifies you when it finds something that matches your query. It can even do all of this while you're sleeping; the results will be ready before you pour your first cup of coffee.
GET THE GOOD STUFF, SKIP THE JUNK
DEVONagent Pro is all about filtering what you don't want and giving you the best tools to find more of what you really want.
DEVONagent Pro doesn't simply trust the search engines. It filters all returned results again, allowing you to use advanced Boolean operators, proximity operators, and wildcards of unlimited complexity — something no single search engine allows you to do. DEVONagent's "scanners" can even find e.g. thumbnail galleries or linked PDF or Office documents for you. When you've found what you're looking but want a little more detail, the unique See Also list contains related pages from elsewhere in the search results, online and even from DEVONthink Pro.
THE INFORMATION YOU WANT, THE WAY YOU WANT
View the results as a list or as a smart text summary, and explore them with the topics map. Unread results are marked with a blue dot so that you don't miss the one important piece of information you're looking for. Finally, for viewing web pages there's DEVONagent Pro's specialized web browser. Extract images, RSS feeds, links, email addresses, even linked documents and save them for reference or reuse.
The integrated DEVONagent Express menu extra adds the power of DEVONagent to your menu bar and lets you run even complex searches with a single click.
SAVE YOUR RESEARCH AND COME BACK LATER
Research is not only about finding, it's about collecting data, sharing it, and using it to create something meaningful. DEVONagent Pro exports your filtered and trimmed-to-the-max research results in a variety of formats, from a simple list of bookmarks to comprehensive RTF digests and PDF reports. The searchable archive keeps them for later reference, or you can send your results to DEVONthink. You can save your search and continue later on, or even share it with others via email.
HOW DEVONAGENT PRO CAN HELP YOUR RESEARCH
Researchers: Stay up-to-date on your subject with scheduled searches. Search through specialized online databases, scan important web sites, and get smart summaries. Extract the key facts using DEVONagent Pro's research-centric web browser.
Students/Educators: Find better course materials faster, with DEVONagent Pro weed out the chaff. Cite references for your papers and extract images and lists of links with a single click. Save interesting results in DEVONagent's archive or in DEVONthink.
Journalists: Keep an eye on as many other information sources as you like and dig deeper into the subject you are writing about. Use the smart See Also function to learn more about the article you're reading. Save a search and return to it later if you get interrupted.
Lawyers: Search LexisWeb and FindLaw efficiently with advanced Boolean operations, and use See Also to find related data with a single click. Export comprehensive reports, or save the results for future reference in DEVONagent’s archive or in DEVONthink.
What's New in Version 3.9.1
This update now searches Stack Overflow and GitHub. A new recipes scanner filters results for contained cooking recipes. The new version also updates a number of scanners and default search sets and displays snippets (text extract of the found recipe or source code block) directly in the "Search" window.
- "Recipes" scanner looking for pages containing recipes; supports microdata, RDFa and microformats.
- "Stack Overflow" and "GitHub Code Search" plugins.
- Source code scanner — finds code e.g. on Stack Overflow, GitHub, and developer.apple.com.
- Email scanner — recognizes email addresses in HTML metadata, too.
- "Thumbnail Galleries" scanner and "Marketing" default search set.
- "Search" window — shows snippets found by Recipe/Code scanners and highlights occurrences if matching of objects is enabled.
- "History" menu — shortens long items.
- Icons of scanners and the browser toolbar.
- Export to DEVONthink — adds application name and version, the name of the search set, and the search query to the comments.
- HTML to plain text conversion.
- Compatibility to invalid BASE URLs of web pages.
- Requests while testing plugins are throttled, too.
- Handling of HTTP forwards.
- Handling of background tasks.
- Error logging to the console.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Graphical glitches of the tab bar on OS X Yosemite.
- Compatibility to "feed:https:" links sent by Safari.
- Crashes when performing multiple searches concurrently.
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Apr 15, 2015
- Version: 3.9.1
- Size: 18.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001—2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.3 or later