By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Your thoughts are important! Treat them like gold with DEVONnote. It keeps all of your notes safe in one place and helps you organize them in a way that’s meaningful to you, using its unique built-in artificial intelligence (AI).
In addition, DEVONnote treats websites like 'living' notes. View your favorite sites from within DEVONnote and manage your bookmarks like simple documents. Keep notes and related bookmarks together in one single place!
What you can do with DEVONnote:
- Jot your thoughts down as plain or rich text, and highlight important passages
- Clip data from documents or webpages using the Services or Dock menu
- Make structure out of creative chaos and connect your notes with automatic Wiki links
- Search all your notes and the rest of your Mac ecosystem from Spotlight
- Import new items or find similar documents, with a single click
- Use the integrated browser to surf the web directly from within your database
Some unique features:
- Use the improved search with advanced Boolean search operators and an unlimited complexity of search terms. Save even the most complex searches as seamlessly integrated smart groups.
- Save new notes to the inbox and file them properly later. The new trash can keeps documents up until you empty it. Unlimited undo and redo as well as immediate updating of the database files make using DEVONnote more comfortable and safe.
- Smart tags combine groups with tags in an innovative way. The three panes view inherited from DEVONthink simplifies working with your notes. Edit your files in separate tabs, document windows or in full screen mode.
What's New in Version 2.8.4
This release simplifies moving files into the database and trashing the originals in one go. It also improves smart groups, adds support for more file types, and retains tags when splitting documents.
The update also improves the overall performance and reliability and addresses a number of issues and glitches. It is recommended for all users.
* Adds the ability to import files and folders from the Finder into the database and move the originals to the trash by holding the ⌘Command key while dragging.
* Adds new date-related smart group conditions.
* Adds full suport for ".webhistory" and ".webbookmark" bookmark files.
* Adds ".asciidoc" to the list of known plain text extensions.
* Adds the alternate menu item Help > Report Bug (press the ⌥Option key to show).
* Improves the compatibility to OS X Yosemite 10.10.2.
* Retains the tags of documents when splitting them. All parts are now correctly put into the same groups as the original document.
* File > Verify & Repair checks also the unique identifier (UUID) of databases and repairs it if necessary.
* Makes "lproj" subfolders optional for .dtTemplate packages. Creating non-localized templates is now as simple as creating a new folder in the Finder and adding ".dtTemplate" to its name.
* Adds Retina splash screens.
* Updates the look of the in-app help to OS X Yosemite. Newer images are optimized for Retina displays.
* Improves the French localization.
* Improves the overall performance and reliability.
* Fixes glitches of the group selector on OS X Yosemite depending on System Preferences > Accessibility > Display.
* Improves the memory management to work around issues of OS X.
* Prevents files from inside the database folder from being imported.
* Brings back the accidentally removed website export and table of contents options to the App Store variant.
* Fixes an issue where smart groups in index pages created by the website export were not clickable.
* Addresses further minor glitches.
* Removes View > Sort > Ignore Umlauts. Sorting uses now system-wide settings.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Mar 17, 2015
- Version: 2.8.4
- Size: 14.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001–2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.3 or later