DEVONthink To Go
By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
NOTE: DEVONthink To Go is a COMPANION to DEVONthink and DEVONnote for the Mac. It can be used stand-alone but unfolds its full potential ONLY when used in conjunction with these applications.
DEVONthink on the Mac keeps your documents organized. But what about when you are away from your keyboard? Put your documents into your pocket with DEVONthink To Go, the DEVONthink and DEVONnote companion for the iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch. DEVONthink is the #1 pro tool on the Mac for document and information management and is used by information workers in education, research, law, consulting, and governments to home, small, and medium offices.
With DEVONthink To Go you are more productive:
- Browse, view, and search your documents with the touch of your finger.
- Create new notes or take a picture of important information and convert it to a searchable PDF (requires DEVONthink Pro Office on the desktop).
- Take your DEVONthink or DEVONnote databases with you. Use the 'Sync' group to select only those groups and documents that are important for you.
- Use the global inbox to write down your notes without the need to immediately decide where to file it. If you use GTD you will know the idea.
- Quickly access all recently used items or view them as pin on a map. DEVONthink To Go stores your current location with every note you create on the go.
- Use the fast full text search to find the document you need with just a few taps. Use the power of SQLite on your mobile device.
- DEVONthink To Go honors the 'read' status of its Mac counterpart and can even be used as a simple news feed reader.
- Set a password for your databases on your Mac and keep them from prying eyes on your iPad or iPhone.
Use DEVONthink To Go as the companion to DEVONthink on the Mac to:
- Organize your paperless office
- Take archived correspondence, letters, invoices with you
- Write down ideas or enumerate tasks
- Extend your Getting Things Done workflow to your mobile device
- Capture bits of information with the iPhone’s camera or from the web
- Never again enter information twice
DEVONthink To Go displays plain text and rich text documents, images, bookmarks, web archives and HTML documents. You can create and edit plain text documents as well as take pictures with the device's built-in camera.
Learn more about DEVONthink To Go and how to get started on the DEVONtechnologies web site.
DEVONthink To Go supports TextExpander touch snippet expansion.
What's New in Version 1.4.2
This maintenance release adds emergency export for iTunes and fixes a few minor issues while we continue rewriting DEVONthink To Go 2.0 from scratch.
- NEW: Emergency export for iTunes, available from the Settings pane.
- Fixed: Possible crash when restoring views after reactiving the app.
- Fixed: Possible crash when reloading list after something has changed.
- Fixed: Possible crash when initializing detail view on iPad.
Horribly unstable, time waster, ripoff
I have tried devonthink to go every few months for over a year, hoping the severe performance problems would be resolved. I just wasted 2 days of my life on the last attempt. It has crashed at least 50 times, requiring restart every few documents. Then finally it just stopped syncing completely and I had to reinstall.
The program would be brilliant for my needs for reviewing and labeling archival PDFs. But it is just unusable. This is one of the more expensive apps (not to mention pricy Mac software to accompany it) and there is no excuse for instability over such a long period of time. I have lost all confidence in this company and am researching alternatives to manage my work as a historian with archival collections.
Lack of reliable sync renders it useless
I am an enthusiastic user of Devonthink for the desktop and find it unparalleled. Unfortunately, this app is pretty much useless. The sync doesn't really work, and even if it did the app capabilities thereafter are insanely limited. The developer has been claiming that a 2.0 version is in the works, and every post they write makes it sound like it's around the corner. Alas, this has gone in for probably nine months now.
I have to say this is by far my biggest complaint of the dev team. There are LONG spans of time in-between much-needed feature updates, but they will never give their users any timeframe. Important feature X is always "in the works", but it's anyone's guess as to whether this means six days or six months!
Great so far!
Not sure what all the bad reviews are about. Seems to work great for me so far. Wifi sync is manual but that's no different from what the app says it is capable of. Docked a star because I think it's a bit pricey for something without cloud sync. Keep up the great work DEVONfolk and look forward to improvements!
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Nov 27, 2013
- Version: 1.4.2
- Size: 6.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2010—2013 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: Requires iOS 5.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.