By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Information overload — Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink — designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
- DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
What's New in Version 2.7.3
This maintenance update adds filtering by date plus time. The update improves the overall performance and reliability, too, and is recommended for all users.
- Addition, creation, modification, and opening date predicates of smart groups and advanced searches support times, too.
- "File > Export > As Website" now supports compressed iWork documents containing Quick Look previews.
- Too long menu titles of "View > Quick Look" and "View > Slideshow" are ellipsized.
- Increased width of "Tag" field of predicates of smart groups and advanced searches.
- Progress indicator while verifying databases containing indexed files.
- Quick Look panel is faster and more reliable on OS X Mountain Lion and Mavericks.
- Faster and improved handling of filesystem events is more compatible to database-alike documents (e.g. of Scrivener) stored in the database.
- Timeout handling of "File > Import > References from Bookends".
- Display of remaining trial time.
- Overall reliability and performance.
- PDF documents were not marked as modified after removing pages on OS X Snow Leopard and Lion.
- A number of bugs in the "Sorter"; fixes e.g. Chinese note taking or duplicate file name extensions.
- Slow indexing/importing of items dragged from the Finder to the Sorter while the destination database was open.
- Width of not resizable columns, e.g. size or kind, was too small for customized and larger list fonts.
- Handling of filenames beginning with a tilde.
- Further minor bugs, rare exceptions, and glitches.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jan 24, 2014
- Version: 2.7.3
- Size: 23.5 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001–2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.8.3 or later