By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Information overload — Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink — designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
- DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
What's New in Version 2.8.3
This maintenance release improves the classification algorithm, allows to select and copy text from Quick-Look-based views, e.g. Microsoft Office documents, and brings more interface optimizations for OS X Yosemite. The update enhances the performance and reliability, too, and fixes bugs, e.g. with synchronization. It is recommended for all users.
- Classification. Improves "See Also", "Classify", and summarizing.
- Quick-Look-based views, e.g. Microsoft Office or OpenOffice documents, support selecting and copying text.
- Double-clicking OpenOffice documents opens them in the default application, similar to iWork of Microsoft Office documents.
- More user interface optimizations for OS X Yosemite.
- Converting indexed markdown files to rich text supports linked local images.
- Automatic Wiki-linking support for plain text, e.g. Japanese Katakana.
- Overall performance and reliability.
- Sync updated, fixes e.g. issues with cancelling, encryption, and more.
- DEVONthink To Go 1.x sync issues, e.g. with trashed items.
- "Take Note" panel did not support "Format > Font" and other formatting commands.
- "Edit > Edit Tags" did not support multiple selections.
- The "Sorter" did not save the content of the note text field when being quit.
- Handling of .sdef files.
- Further minor bugs and glitches.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Feb 05, 2015
- Version: 2.8.3
- Size: 20.6 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001–2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor