By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Information overload — Swamped by paper, emails, notes? Meet DEVONthink — designed to manage and organize all those disparate pieces of information that are so important to your work or studies. As you become more experienced with DEVONthink and its easy, intuitive interface, you will quickly find more exciting ways of using your data.
What DEVONthink Personal does for you:
- DEVONthink stores your documents, scanned papers, notes, bookmarks, etc. in one place. Access live web pages seamlessly from within DEVONthink to review and extract further information.
- Create RTF documents, edit them in full screen, and use smart templates to quickly add pre-styled documents. Clip data from other applications using drag-and-drop, services, or the Dock menu.
- Edit images, cross-reference documents, and annotate PDF documents using standard PDF annotations.
- Search, classify, and show relationships between your documents (automatically and language-independently) with the help of Artificial Intelligence.
- Take all your important documents with you on your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch with DEVONthink To Go.
- Store and view many file formats including, but not limited to, Microsoft Office, OpenOffice.org, Apple iWork, Skim, Mellel, and all file formats supported by Quicklook.
- Scan your papers with your scan software and file them in your database.
- Search your database also directly from Spotlight.
Based on DEVONsphere®.
What's New in Version 2.9.8
This maintenance release adds '.fountain' to the known plain text extensions and allows you to specify whether you want to open Markdown documents in edit or preview mode by default. It also further improves auto-saving, revises the "Media" preferences pane, and simplifies scanning of multiple pages. Dialogs for choosing file locations switch to valid folders if necessary. The update again addresses more PDF issues related to macOS Sierra and improves the overall reliability.
- '.fountain' added to list of known plain text extensions.
- Option "Preferences > Media > Markdown > Edit/Preview documents" added.
- Editing of HTML pages saves checkboxes and text fields of forms too.
- Simplified scanning of multiple pages.
- Revised "Preferences > Media" pane.
- It's possible to drag tags onto tagging fields, e.g., the "Tag" bar or the "Info" panel.
- Windows are now automatically saved five minutes after the last modification instead of every five minutes.
- Less flickering while moving or resizing PDF annotations (macOS Sierra 10.12.2 PB4 and later).
- Better graphics card handling on MacBooks with discrete graphics card.
- Manually checking for updates reports now also versions that should be skipped.
- Command "Download Pending Records" added to contextual and action menus.
- The dialog to create local sync stores validates the last used folder and switches to a valid folder if necessary.
- Dialogs to create or edit WebDAV sync locations no longer accept URLs containing '.dtCloud'.
- Extended sync store and direct connection data speeds up especially Mac-to-Mac transactions.
- Icon of "Import Database" button flipped
- Issues related to bugs in PDFKit (macOS Sierra).
- Issues related to scanning.
- Issue where the PDF sidebar did not support reordering and dropping (macOS Sierra).
- Issue where closing modified document windows saved them independently of whether changes should be saved or not.
- Issue where the search engine didn't find all occurrences for proximity operators using wildcards, e.g., 'word1 NEAR word2*'.
- Issue where text in formatted notes created by the "Sorter" appeared grey.
- Issue where the email preview didn't work anymore since DEVONthink Personal 2.9.7.
- Issue where changing, e.g., label colors wasn't persistent anymore (macOS Sierra).
- Crash related to the Dropbox SDK.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 07, 2016
- Version: 2.9.8
- Size: 21.9 MB
- Languages: English, French, German
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001–2016 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.9 or later, 64-bit processor