Dhalang Microtonal Groovebox is a standalone music software for accessible use of alternative tuning systems in electronic music composition, production and performance. Dhalang offers internal synthesizers and samplers with multitrack mixing and effecting possibilities that can be controlled with internal sequencers, computer input or standard MIDI input. In addition to it’s traditional multitrack piano roll editing and sequencing, Dhalang also features several generative and algorithmic methods for more experimental sequencing of ((micro)tonal) music.
Features in short:
- Various preset tuning systems and scales with a custom tuning editor.
- Analog-style, physically modelled, additive and FM synthesis methods.
- Audio Sampling with mini granulizer and audio data auto-segmentation.
- Many sequencer types; piano roll, control automation, vector, matrix and particle.
- Mixer with four buses and various sound effects.
- Offline and online rendering of stereo and individual tracks.
- MIDI import and export.
- Realtime MIDI input and output.
- Network synchronisation of various cross-platform Dhalang instances.
- Many UI colour themes and support for various languages.
for more detailed information and examples, visit http://www.hypertonal.net/dhalang
- Audio input sync (real-time audio input peaks trigger sync) [experimental]
- Multiple MIDI input devices mode.
- Pitch bend recording from TouchPlay to Control track.
- Analog synth FM frequency changes with auto-glide.
Ratings and Reviews
beware, decievingly superb
There is so much depth under the hood here. This is a marvelous and wondrous generative system with so much musical potential and procedural musical diversity. This is my best purchase in I don’t know when. I’m also very impressed with the authors dilligent updating.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.