Dictionary.com Dictionary & Thesaurus
By Dictionary.com, LLC
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The only free Dictionary app you will ever need. Works offline!
Dictionary.com is the leading free English dictionary app for iPhone – with over 2,000,000 definitions and synonyms.
This app works offline – you do not need an internet connection.
Now get Word of the Day and more on your Apple Watch!
In addition to the trusted reference content from Dictionary.com and Thesaurus.com, this app includes:
- Word of the Day – learn a new word every day
- Audio pronunciation – hear every word
- Voice search – speak to search
- Translator – get translations for over 30 languages
- Blog – explore over 800 fun language topics
- Slideshows – fascinating facts about language
- Quiz widget - test your vocabulary with Word of the Day quizzes
- Word origin - find out interesting etymologies
- Favorite words and search history – never forget the words you learn
- Spelling suggestions – get help with how words are spelled
- Local lookups - see which words are being searched near you
- Advanced learner’s dictionary – special content for ESL, EFL and English learners
Want even more? You can add to your app with our in-app purchases:
- Slang Dictionary
- Idioms and Phrases
- Example Sentences
- Medical, Science and Rhyming Dictionaries
Or you can get all of this additional content and remove ads for one low price with our Premium App.
What's New in Version 5.2.2
- Apple Watch improvements
- Miscellaneous bug fixes
I use this app on average five times a day, and often more. It gives me accurate, detailed, yet concise definitions that are easy to access. The app is easy to use. I recommend it for people of all ages who want to understand the language of others and expand their vocabulary.
Really great, love the word of the day
I really enjoyed using the word of the day to expand my vocabulary. It is easy to use and faster than getting on the internet. I don't know about the other reviews, but I got the app on an iPhone 4 and it works great!
I use this app frequently, and it has never failed to give me the correct spelling or definition. The spoken pronunciation is a nice plus. My only complaint is the continued requests to upgrade with a cost to upgrade.
- Category: Reference
- Updated: May 26, 2015
- Version: 5.2.2
- Size: 37.1 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Portuguese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish, Traditional Chinese
- Seller: Dictionary.com, LLC
- © 2015 Dictionary.com, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.
Top In-App Purchases
- Example Sentences Upgrade$2.99
- 100 Voice to Text Searches$2.99
- Encyclopedia upgrade$2.99
- Remove Ads Upgrade$1.99
- Medical Dictionary Upgrade$2.99
- 300 Voice to Text Searches$0.99
- Grammar & Tips Upgrade$1.99
- Rhyming Dictionary Upgrade$1.99
- Translator Upgrade$0.99
- Science Dictionary Upgrade$1.99