NextGuide Remote with Free TV Guide, Netflix Queue Management and Roku Wifi Control
By Dijit Media, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The NextGuide Universal Remote (formerly Dijit remote) turns your iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad into a TV Guide with optional universal remote control (ONLY WHEN PAIRED with Griffin Technology's Beacon. http://www.griffintechnology.com/beacon
. If you do not have a Beacon you will only have access to the TV Guide functionality.)
The NextGuide Remote with NextGuide delivers a customized electronic program guide (EPG) for your personal TV channel lineup. Simply identify your cable/satellite provider, and NextGuide will find all your listings. From there you can quickly prune your guide to just show the channels and shows you like to watch, and hide all the rest. Even better, with NextGuide support you can connect to Facebook and get TV recommendations automatically from your friends. For more about NextGuide services, check out http://www.nextguide.tv
With NextGuide Remote plus Griffin’s Beacon, you can finally clean up your coffee table and put your extra remotes away in a drawer somewhere. Now your iPhone is your remote. At last your whole family (and even guests) will be able to figure out how to control all the different devices and inputs you have in the living room!
The NextGuide Remote gives you a perfectly customizable remote control interface, where you decide exactly which buttons appear when you want them to. No more squinting at 73 identically shaped buttons on your remote, just the ones you want and need. Using the app is incredibly simple. Add each device you want to control with just a few taps using our included device library. You can even create “activities” so you can push one click, and automatically turn on the TV, Blu-Ray player, and Stereo all at the same time.
The NextGuide Remote works perfectly with your Griffin Beacon. Download it for free, pair via Bluetooth with the Beacon, and you are connected with your home entertainment system.
• Activities to let you combine multiple remote control events from one button push
• Built-in device code (over 200,000 TVs, DVD players, Blu-Rays, DVRs, Set-Tops, and more) library for instant programming
• Integrated learning feature for advanced or custom controls
• Movie recommendations from Netflix
• Fully customizable button layout
• Support for multiple systems in different rooms or homes
• Touch and Swipe gestures to simplify changing channels and volume
• Social networking built in so you can share your viewing status with your friends
• Program guide that works with every channel provider in the US and Canada
• TV recommendations from Facebook: link your Facebook account with NextGuide and see what your friends like to watch in the "My Shows" tab
• Great for Roku and other Netflix-enabled devices
• WiFi support for Roku. No need for IR.
• YouTube video clip search, playback, and sharing Facebook integrated into TV guide
• Manage your DirecTV DVR
• Manage your NextGuide reminders and favorites
What's New in Version 3.3.11
- fix bugs
Update channel listings and add decimal points to channel numbers
Design is well thought out, but channels do not reflect current listings. It would be nice if users could manually override incorrect channel listings to reflect updates if the developers do not intend to keep their database current.
Also, the channel numbers do not have decimal points, meaning that the channel cannot be directly accessed when paired with Beacon. The TV does not recognize 271 as equivalent to 27.1 - again, it would be nice if users could manually add decimal points to the channel listings if the developer will not keep the database accurate.
Frustrated as well
I can't get the application to see that the hardware is paired. It shows on the iPhone 6 plus that's it paired and the blue light stops blinking when the device is paired, but the setup won't automatically notice that it's paired. Unfortunately if you continue setup without recognizing when you try to use the remote in the app it doesn't seem to recognize that the device is paired.
Only using basic feature
Seems to work fine as an antenna tv listings source. I'm not a Beacon device user to date & I've not noticed any error in tv listing that were not a tba or changes made by the local broadcaster.
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 17, 2014
- Version: 3.3.11
- Size: 19.2 MB
- Languages: English, Chinese, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Spanish
- Seller: Dijit Media, Inc.
- © (c) 2014 Viggle, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.