DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV, catch up on the latest movies On Demand, or enjoy the shows you recorded to your DVR Playlist. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. Read on for more info.
We’ve made tons of awesome changes recently. Here are some crowd favorites:
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• With GenieGO, you can enjoy your recorded shows anytime, anywhere. You can also download your recordings to your device and watch them when you’re off the grid
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Get quick access to your favorite entertainment right from your app homescreen. Customize it to only show what you like, for example “Live TV Streaming” or “Popular in Your Area”
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations, and parental ratings
• Tap the new “Free” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
- iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 8 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature.
What's New in Version 4.2.05
- Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Very very disappointed in this new app.
I have an iPad and I have an Apple iPhone this app works very very well on my iPad but on my iPhone keeps tell me I don't have Internet I can't find my receivers once in a very seldom it well find the receivers and will start to work and then it just fails. And also when it does not work it keep asking for my IP address so then I install it,it may or may not work at that time. The old app works great on my iPhone but it did not work on my iPad so now it's just the opposite. With today's technology should not be having this kind of an issue. And one other thing I've had issues with your customer service. I'm not going to go into details at this time. In the past I have talked DirecTV up to everybody at this time I'm losing faith in Directv. For the amount of money that I pay every month. I know that it would not bother you you're such a big company if I canceled direct TV but for my satisfaction not to pay this kind of money for the service that it's starting to be I hope it's gets better soon!
I came back to Directv after years of Time Warner Cable because they did not deliver what they promised...I always loved Directv when I had it before, and now they have some new products"Genie" and this app...the App most definitely needs improvement, it crashes constantly, sometimes is takes forever to open, they definitely are not delivering what they promise...I never thought I would say that about Directv, I have bragged about it for years and was so happy when I talked my husband into going back...I hope they are still working on this app...and don't even get me started on the "on-Demand" feature of the Genie, this is not the forum for it...Directv, please make some improvement fast so I can go back to recommending you to friends and family, otherwise I will tell them to just stick with who they have, no one delivers the product they advertise...the grass is not greener on the other side after all.
New changes to App have ruined it
This was the greatest app as far as searching to see what was on the guide. Got up this morning to use it and see that it has been totally changed, probably since ATT now has purchased DirectTV. They have destroyed the app.
You are limited on your favorites now. Previously you could select as many as you liked, now once you hit their limit they tell you to remove some in order to select another new one.
The guide doesn't seem to update the shows further down in the day. Maybe it will later, but at least this morning I couldn't see any ESPN details on shows later this afternoon.
I wanted to record a show coming up and it only gave me once choice for the receiver to record it on...the bedroom. The old app would let you select which receiver you wanted on the pulldown menu. Again, maybe I missed it, but I didn't see a setup for receivers or anything.
They guide is way too busy. The left hand margin with the channels now sticks out too far into the guide so it makes it more difficult to read. I may not be using this at all anymore unless they change it.
C'mon ATT, get it right or put it back the way it was!!!!