DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV, catch up on the latest movies On Demand, or enjoy the shows you recorded to your DVR Playlist. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. Read on for more info.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• With GenieGO, you can enjoy your recorded shows anytime, anywhere. You can also download your recordings to your device and watch them when you’re off the grid
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Get quick access to your favorite entertainment right from your app homescreen. Customize it to only show what you like, for example “Live TV Streaming” or “Popular in Your Area”
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations, and parental ratings
• Tap the new “Free” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
- iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 9 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature.
What's New in Version 4.6.009
Thanks for using the DIRECTV app! We’re working hard to improve your experience! Here’s what’s new in this update.
Parental info by Common Sense Media has a whole new design. Check it out by visiting the info page of your favorite show!
As always, performance and stability improvements are a top priority.
*** Love the app? Please take a moment to write a review on the App Store!***
Awful! Please read reviews first. WARNING DO NOT UPDATE!!
This is the worst update I've ever come across.
The app. was working fine until I downloaded the update and it hasn't worked since. I even tried deleting the app and reinstalling. It comes on just like it's going to play and then crashes and goes back to your homepage. Before I downloaded the update it worked without a hitch. I didn't read the reviews about the crashes. I'm so disappointed with Direct Tv and now I see a commercial on TV of people stuck in an airport with the (Mom) handing electronics to the Dad, the kids, and the Grandma. So what's up DirectTv or is it the app? All I know is that it worked before the update and now it doesn't. So now I don't get to carry my Direct TV with me like the commercial says. And since you have to give it at least 1 star realistically I would give it a minus 10 especially after seeing the commercial on TV about this app. They should be sued for false advertisement because you can't take it anywhere. You can't even watch it at home much less take it with you.👎👎👎👎👎. So five thumbs down.
Not worth your time
I realized, after 3 hours spent trying to watch 1 40 minute program (never finished it) that it would have been worth the $3 to buy the episode in iTunes and saved 2 hours and 20 minutes of my life that I will never get back. This app divides programs into segments, spaced by commercials (as most apps do). However, regardless of how far you make it through an episode, when the app crashes (I stopped counting at 43 crashes) it will skip you back to the previous commercial segment. You will then be stuck in an infinite loop of commercials and crashes. If you are persistent, you may be able to finish a 40 minute program in 4 hours. Like I said, I finally gave up after 3 hours, with 10 minutes remaining. Overall, it's just a frustrating negative experience. I actually found myself getting angry with the companies advertising, just because this crappy app forced me to watch their commercials over and over. Ridiculous. I'm deleting it
Worst app ever
I have had the previous version of the directv app and used it without problems. As soon as I installed the update version I have not been able to use it EVER AGAIN. it is the most unstable app I have seen. Every time I get to what I want to watch on my iPad it crashes.. I have to reopen and try again and it crashes. I have done this for two days.. Tried to call but the recording says they are doing maintenance and that has been for 4 hours. I was pretty sure when I heard ATT was taking over it would be a disaster. And it is. For a company the size of ATT not to be able to produce an app that works...inexcusable! Hoping you get this working for me when I try to call tomorrow but I am close to going to another company as I watch on my IPad 3 times more then on the tv so it is quite important to me. Thank heavens I also have xfinity which works great and I don't have to totally count on direct tv.