DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV, catch up on the latest movies On Demand, or enjoy the shows you recorded to your DVR Playlist. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. Read on for more info.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• With GenieGO, you can enjoy your recorded shows anytime, anywhere. You can also download your recordings to your device and watch them when you’re off the grid
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Get quick access to your favorite entertainment right from your app homescreen. Customize it to only show what you like, for example “Live TV Streaming” or “Popular in Your Area”
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations, and parental ratings
• Tap the new “Free” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
- iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 9 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature.
What's New in Version 4.6.009
Thanks for using the DIRECTV app! We’re working hard to improve your experience! Here’s what’s new in this update.
Parental info by Common Sense Media has a whole new design. Check it out by visiting the info page of your favorite show!
As always, performance and stability improvements are a top priority.
*** Love the app? Please take a moment to write a review on the App Store!***
Most PATHETIC App on the Internet!!
How can a company like AT&T talk you into leaving their Uverse product for DirecTv and then have the WORST app for their DirecTv product known to man?? It crashes all the time, the Live TV MENU crashes every time I've tried to use it, channels come and go for no reason, I've deleted and reinstalled the app numerous times and it always fails. AT&T should be ashamed of this SHAM of a product they're supplying to their customers. Maybe they should stop throwing $'s at sports stadiums, and try to take care of their customers first with a product that actuall works....ARE YOU LISTENING AT&T?
Last week before taking a cross country vacation I was excited to see that I could now download recorded shows to my iPad. I tried this feature out and even though it was very slow process was glad to watch a few shows on the airplane. Opened it up this morning after an update, on the second day of vacation, to discover I now have NO recorded shows on my iPad instead of the dozen or so that were there yesterday. Not cool AT&T/DirecTV.
Perhaps the most useless app ever. Thank you AT&T for ruining another great company. Reported issue to them and they told me to try troubleshooting suggestions. When nothing worked they were surprised. When I told them that according to App Store reviews I was clearly not alone. Again they were surprised and thanked me for bringing these views to their attention. I was assured that it would not go unnoticed and they would address it. Yeah right. Can't tell you how many times I heard that.