DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• New! Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• New! Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices. Watch anywhere—no internet connection required
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels you subscribe to like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen. And vice versa—send a show from your TV to your device and take your content with you!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content
• iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 9 or later
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires residential DIRECTV service and active AT&T postpaid data service on eligible device. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
What's New in Version 5.3.003
Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Assessing your customer’s experience with mirroring
I wonder work in change management, assessing the impact of change on my clients’ existing business processes. I am on the road all the time. Travelers like me have been pressing hotels to allow change in source on a TV to mirror a device. And, of course, to beef up their internet so that we can stream content we want to watch. They are finally there, and you provide an update that prevents mirroring - what is screen recording anyway?. Are alternative methods of mirroring even part of your testing? If not, you don’t know your customers. If yes, then shame on your Quality Control. I know there are ways to download, but I liked having current, even local, content, and not having to watch it on a small screen. You make it hard for me to love my directv.
Keep CNN (Fake News) from Auto play!
PLEASE keep CNN from automatically playing on DirectTV Mobile when I go watch LIVE STREAMING on my phone please!! Can’t stand that Fake News !!! Looks like CNN has to pay DirecTv to have people watch their channel on an autoplay which happens right before you play the LIVE streaming show that you really want! Lol // Other than that this App Works Grrreat!! Love it..Fox News & Kids Shows comes in picture-perfect--& Thanks too for the Free Data: AT&T/Direct TV..Superb job!
Terrible App that usually doesn’t work
Sometimes it works fine, great. But more often then not, one of three problems: 1) doesn’t show all of my channels (so can’t watch what I want), 2) says it can’t stream cause currently streaming on another device (which is not happening), or 3) video quality is terrible, even when internet connection is solid high speed broadband.
Just too many problems to give this any more credit than unstable alpha software that should not yet be released.