DIRECTV App for iPad
By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV, catch up on the latest movies On Demand, or enjoy the shows you recorded to your DVR Playlist. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. Read on for more info.
We’ve made tons of awesome changes recently. Here are some crowd favorites:
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• With GenieGO, you can enjoy your recorded shows anytime, anywhere. You can also download your recordings to your device and watch them when you’re off the grid
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Get quick access to your favorite entertainment right from your app homescreen. Customize it to only show what you like, for example “Live TV Streaming” or “Popular in Your Area”
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations, and parental ratings
• Tap the new “Free” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Use your mobile device to pause, play, and rewind the program that’s playing on your TV
• Set parental controls and enjoy peace of mind over what your kids are watching
- iPad® 2, iPad® Mini and iPad® Air running iOS 8 or later
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for Tablets.
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR.
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426/
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature.
What's New in Version 4.3.009
Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Best way to describe. Horrible! They took the genie go app away which was awesome for someone who gets to watch stuff at work or away. Now that it's integrated with the Directv app I have to turn on data at work to view programs I recorded. Not easy to do because of reception limitations at the plant. Also,forget about genie go Out of home access. Never worked. They claim it's my router settings but even if it was, can you come out with something better customer friendly and easy setup? I now own a $100 paper weight with a blue night light. (Genie go). Almost like they intentionally want you to use more data and sign up for ATT. Another reason to lose a good customer. Why did you have to go and mess up something perfect? I've read other comments about the error claiming you have to be on the same network as receiver to view only "certain" channels. Well it worked before! So now I'm only able to see only about a half of live tv streaming on the app. I've had numerous calls to tech support and problem still persists like some other folks have. So it ain't just me. Been a customer for over 15 years and up to now it's been impeccable for me. Have referred so many people and now I have to hear the same thing from them. Get it together Directv and don't forget us who write these complaints.
Don't bother downloading. Horrible app! Live streaming issues with all Mac computers and devises!
Zero Stars!! Just say no to Forced One Star Ratings!! They have a major issue with steaming "Live" content at home on your own wifi network for all Mac devises (iMac, MacBook, iPads and iPhones). I have and have tried all of the above. I had a tech out because they couldn't believe that the only live channels that will steam on these devices are the ones with the "+", but nothing without the "+" which are the majority of the live streaming channels. There is a message keeps saying you need to be connected to the same wifi network as your receiver! They are!! So, the tech calls his shop and finds out they have 8 devices for testing (iPads ect...) and they all have the same issue!! They were not aware that this has been going on for weeks and still going on!! Even before when this complete fail the live streaming was hit or miss. Well, it was put into high priority status to work on a fix. Yeah, ok... Thanks for coming out and wasting 2 hours of my time! This was weeks ago and no resolve. A real crappy app that shouldn't be offered to their customers till it functions properly. Thanks AT&T! As the tech also said there are many issues that have to be resolved from this merger.
Pathetic, Useless, & Nobody At DirecTV Seems to Care
Forget the "GUIDE" section of this abomination. If you can even get it to load, clicking on a program for information can take as long as 10 minutes to reveal its pathetic content. Of course your iPad does not stay awake for 10 minutes, so one must continually tap the iPad during that long wait.
The great irony is that this app does not use any of your satellite connection, it is using your Internet connection. Mine happens to be with Crime Warner, and an extremely costly higher-speed version. So no, it's not my Internet connection slowing down the DirecTV app. And if you go to the DirecTV site to ask a question about it, you must now join yet another ridiculous layer of non-response called a "community" (requiring you set up yet another login, another password).
And now since AT&T and DirecTV, we're all screwed. AT&T's own site for wireless is also affected with a glacial response rate/time. Monopolies grow fatter while we supplicants wait longer and longer and longer for digital information when we need it.