By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices!
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels!
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content.
• See what’s playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more with the DIRECTV remote widget*
• Have an Apple Watch? Use it to control your TV!
Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
• iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access DIRECTV for iPhone
•Core app functionality requires use of your location data and Public IP address
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires residential DIRECTV service and active AT&T postpaid data service on eligible device. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
What's New in Version 4.9.403
Thanks for using the DIRECTV app! We’re working hard to improve your experience! Here’s what’s new in this update.
**Love the app? Please take a moment to write a review!**
Does a few things well but won't record sports
This app never seems to get
much better, and the search functions are terrible. But the worst thing about it is that I can't record any of my local sports teams using the app. It all works fine on the sat box but the app has a bug that tries to record the wrong channel for games. I've reported it numerous times, and confirmed that many people have the same issue (the DirecTV forum is filled with them). And yet any call to the company they act like it isn't true and have been entirely unhelpful. I've taken this all the way to the president's office, and spent two hours on the phone with them. But even they can't seem to get an answer from engineering. It's the most pathetic response to an obvious bug I've ever seen. And it's been this way for six months! I never liked Comcast much either but after dealing with DirecTV I'm rethinking the definition of terrible.
This Data Free TV is confusing.
As an AT&T and DIRECTV customer, I am incredibly confused by their Data-Free streaming promise when the app says that it's used 1.7 GB of cell data. This is all recently, so none of it is from before the promotion. I went on the DIRECTV website to find information on this and it redirected me to an error message. Multiple times, same error message. I hope DIRECTV fixes this problem, because it's a great app made bad by a couple (big) misunderstandings with their customers. I may not use this app until the problem is fixed, as I am very upset that an app that promised to not use my data is doing exactly what they told me it wouldn't do. This problem better be resolved, because as of right now I feel like a victim of false advertising by AT&T.
Decent, but could be better
The app still has bugs and random crashes occasionally. It's not always easy to use when you are trying to channel surf for something to watch.
I'd also really love it if they added the ability to AirPlay my stream from my phone onto my Apple TV. I assume the idea is to prevent you from using AirPlay on TVs that aren't connected to a DIRECTV box, bypassing the need for the almost useless cable boxes, but I can't bring those with me to the fire station when I work a 48 hour shift. If it's not updated before my contract expires, I'll seriously consider getting rid of it and going back to my other streaming apps that do allow AirPlay streaming and without commercials.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Feb 07, 2017
- Version: 4.9.403
- Size: 153 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2016 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.