By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
It’s your TV. Take it with you. Download the DIRECTV app, a companion to your DIRECTV service, and enjoy a world of entertainment. Watch Live TV and recorded shows, catch up on the latest movies and shows with On Demand, and schedule recordings on your DVR—no additional equipment needed, at no extra cost. Plus now stream DIRECTV data-free on AT&T.
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, Live or On Demand
• Data Free TV lets you stream DIRECTV on your devices, anywhere—without using your data
(Requires eligible DIRECTV & AT&T data services. Excl. & restr. apply. Content varies and must be streamed through the DIRECTV App. Use subject to wireless service terms including those related to data speed. Streaming may not work at reduced speeds.)
• Stream or download your home DVR recordings to your devices!
• Enjoy the latest releases from premium channels!
• Switch screens! Watch your favorite show on one device then tap a button to send it to the big screen!
• Record your favorite movies and shows from anywhere!
• Content running long? Add extra time to your recording and don’t miss a second of your favorite content.
• See what’s playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more with the DIRECTV remote widget*
• Have an Apple Watch? Use it to control your TV!
Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
• iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 9+
• DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access DIRECTV for iPhone
•Core app functionality requires use of your location data and Public IP address
• Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
• Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
• Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
• DVR streaming and downloading requires Internet-connected Genie HD DVR model HR44 or higher and compatible mobile device. To download, must be in-home on same Wi-Fi network connected to DVR
• Data Free TV requires residential DIRECTV service and active AT&T postpaid data service on eligible device. App download, advertisements and non-streaming app activity may incur data usage
• Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
• Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
In rare instances, scheduled recording(s) may not be recognized. Only available on certain receivers.
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For more information on the DIRECTV App, please visit: http://directv.com/appfaq
What's New in Version 5.0.105
Introducing new ways to access your favorite movies & TV shows!
New App Features:
·Download & Go: Take your purchased or rented movies and TV shows with you. Download them straight to your eligible devices in and out of home, enjoy them offline or on-the-go
·Resume Watching: Pick-up where you left off on any supported device
·Access your collection of movies and TV shows from anywhere using the "Purchased" tab in the Playlist section
Useless (some of what they could fix would take minutes)
Trying to login does not work. I even went to forgot password to change my credentials so I could try something I just set. Even did a copy and past out of notes to make sure I was not entering it wrong, still no success. It's probably a delayed integration sync between AT&T's identity server and the DirecTV system. At any rate, not customer friendly at all and a poor excuse for a production ready system (I am using the production ready description very loosely). I also noticed when I was on the AT&T website switching my creds to make sure I simply didn't forget them, that the textbox requesting the user pin for added security says "wireless account #" which is wrong, it does not accept the wireless account #. You are supposed to use your security pin (which one would expect which is why I knew to try it), thinking it was just asking for my phone number first, I tried that and it failed (very confusing to anybody). So if something as simple as a customer facing label on a mission critical feature of a site got by QA, I am wondering just how bad it is under the UI. Don't bother with this app, it is riddled with bugs (if you can even get past the login screen). DIRECTV has gone to hell ever since AT&T bought them IMHO, I am really weighing my options on switching to Xfinity at this point.
This app is horrible but I have no choice if I want to watch TV on my phone or tablet. Can't EVER just watch a show. It freezes, tells you a program that you've been watching can't be streamed, drops and all kinds of other stuff. I don't have a TV in my bedroom cause I like to watch on my iPhone 7 or my iPad but I may do it anyway. I like to watch/listen to TV all around my house. Had Time Warner/Frontier but quit cause of all the ridiculous pricing. I do like the DTV on my TV but the app......awful, terrible but better than nothing. Frontier app 100 times better. I'm looking at others reviews and really suspect. Come on how can it be 1 star & 4 or 5 stars for others. Honestly when my contract I'm not having any cable, or any other service. Too expensive to not be able to take advantage of outside (or even inside) the house on devices other than the TV. This service made me decide. I'd rather just go directly to the app site and watch stuff.
Unstable and unreliable
Super glitchy with a clunky and inconsistent user interface. Sometimes it works, most of the time is works a little but with lots of freezing and some crashing. With ondemand viewing it's hit or miss whether you'll have the option to resume after restarting the app, or if the app will even recall which episodes have already been viewed. Commands are redundant, you may have to push three separate watch now buttons to start a show, and the skip ahead 10sec button doesn't skip ten seconds ahead, nor does anything 3 out of 4 times you try to use it. Buggy, laggy, redundant, clunky, and it'll remember that one show you watched last year, and then decided was rubbish a few minutes in, but it won't remember a show from yesterday or where you left off five minutes ago (whether you stopped the app or it crashed).
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jun 26, 2017
- Version: 5.0.105
- Size: 146 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2017 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 9.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.