By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV or catch up on the latest movies and shows On Demand. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. And now, you can control your HD DVR from your Apple Watch, too.
We’ve made tons of awesome changes recently. Here are some crowd favorites:
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations and parental ratings
• Tap the new “In my subscription” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Control your TV from your Apple Watch.* Find new movies and shows, view their details, and set them to record to your DVR, and more from your wrist
• Add the new DIRECTV remote widget to your iOS Today screen to quickly see what’s currently playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more—all without unlocking your phone or opening the DIRECTV app*
• When you want to find a show, just speak up. Voice search can help you find exactly what you're looking for. You can even set it to display results on your TV
*IMPORTANT TIP: Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, then select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
- iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 8+
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for iPhone
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature
What's New in Version 4.3.011
Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
When it works it's like magic
When GenieGo works it is like magic. When it doesn't you get cryptic error messages that are maddening. For example, I wanted to watch a show off of my GenieGo in my hotel room so I put my phone on the hotel wifi and tried to stream it. I got an error message something like, "GenieGo is not available right now". I clicked on the tiny "See other ways to watch now" at the bottom of the screen and saw the show could be streamed from the network. I chose this and got a warning that I was about to stream on a cellular connection. So my hotel connection to the wifi had dropped. I reconnected and tried GenieGo again. It worked, I assume because I was now on wifi. An error message originally saying that I needed to be on wifi would have been really nice.
Overall, the app has a ton of functionality, but unfortunately it is hard to navigate. It takes a lot of exploring to discover all it can do. Some rethinking of the user interface is needed.
Much Improved... Still Missing a Major Feature!!
This app is absolute junk, crashes and closes for no reason. Thanks Directv for shutting down the Geniego app forcing us to download content into this app that on my first plane trip was absolutely unreliable. I recently also updated my Geniego app and a message now displays saying after the New Year that the standalone app will no longer be supported, and to migrate to this app to utilize Geniego. First off, this app has supported Geniego for some time, and the reason I went away from it has still yet to be addressed, there is no "30 sec skip" in this app!!! Come on Directv, you know it's a huge feature, it's been in the Geniego app since the beginning and is still there now. I have to say the progress bar slider is much more reactive now than in past releases but the button for 30 sec skip is an absolute must.
Love it most of the time.
I have Verizon and have not had issues with the app crashing. I use the app with my iPhone and iPad. Once in a while I will have issues with receiver not be connected to either the iPhone or iPad. I love how I can be away and set the recorder with the app on my phone, however I wish it would indicate if I have already set a program to record, or show the record indicator on my app guide as it does on the tv guide at home. DirecTV has improved the app, and I believe they can still offer more improvements. Keep up the good work.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Jan 20, 2016
- Version: 4.3.011
- Size: 106 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2015 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.