By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The ultimate video experience is just a tap away with the newly redesigned DIRECTV App for iPhone. Stream live TV anywhere in your home, with select channels available outside your home. Watch hit movies and shows On Demand at home or on the go. Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere. And now the DIRECTV App even lets you find whatever you want to watch on TV by using just your voice, from anywhere. At home, you can even use your TV screen to display your dialogue and search results.
Limited programming available. Additional charges may apply. Available for customers in the USA only.
- Find what you want to watch on TV just by speaking to the app at home or away from home.
- Use your voice to change the channel, record, and play content when you’re at home.
- Watch movies and shows on demand at home or on the go from HBO®, Cinemax®, Starz®, Encore®, and more.
- Turn your iPhone into a portable TV and watch top TV channels live in any room of your home.
- Set your DVR to record your favorite shows from anywhere.
- Get program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations & parental ratings.
- Watch thousands of your favorite shows and movies On Demand right on your iPhone.
- Filter the Guide, Movies, TV Shows and Networks sections to view programs and channels you can watch on your iPhone.
- Set parental controls, and enjoy peace of mind over what your children are watching.
- Search for programs using just your voice. Speak naturally. Search by title, channel, keyword, actor, genre, time frame, almost anything.
- Browse and discover thousands of On Demand titles.
- Search for DIRECTV CINEMA movies based on categories.
- Search for any television show up to 14 days in advance, view top picks of the week, set your favorite channels, and sort by programs you can watch on your iPhone.
- Record shows by a single episode or entire series to any DIRECTV DVR in your home.
- Add additional time to the start or end of a recording request or select to manually record a channel for a specific amount of time.
- Set recordings for DIRECTV CINEMA movies to watch on your home TV any time. Order movies and events without your receiver connected to a phone line.
- Tap to tune in to any show on your TV from your iPhone.
- Manage your recordings from your playlist and play them back on TV.
- Use your iPhone as a remote control.
- Manage your account.
- Instant access to Mobile Answer Center link for FAQs.
- Browsing functionality is available to everyone.
- Recording functionality is available to DIRECTV customers with a DVR only.
- Compatible with iOS 6.0 or later.
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on the DIRECTV website to watch On Demand content and access recording functionality.
- Watching On Demand or select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or Mobile Internet connection.
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time.
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels require a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection.
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or Mobile Internet connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR. Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording.
- On Demand scheduling requires a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (model HR20 or later or R22) connected to the Internet.
-Voice TV mode requires an Internet-connected HR24 model or above.
What's New in Version 3.3.003
Bug fixes and usability enhancements
Worst TV provider ever!!!!
I wouldn't recommend Directv to anyone! The technical support has no idea how their system works, I have tried to order PPV movies via text message, through the APP, online through their website, NONE of these options have worked not can they technicians figure out why the over 20 times I have ordered them, so I get to spend 30 minutes + on the phone to get my $5.00 back! Wow that's worth it!!! Not only that but when I originally signed up for directv, I took a day away from my business in order to be at home for the installation, the installers never showed and never called, rescheduled and they didn't show again!!! Finally they showed the third time and didn't even bury the lines going to my house from the dish, still to this day they are above ground!!! Directv updates their system EVERY Wednesday and Saturday night, so if you have a technical issue in either one of these days, they can't access your account to fix it! Who's the brilliant programmer behind this system? So if you happen to order a movie on PPV or the fights, and it doesn't work, you will call to find out on Saturday after being transferred around for 30 minutes that they cannot do anything about yet again another glitch in their system!
Wow! I love that you can now use the iPhone to control bebbthe receiver, which makes it where someone who is blind can effectively operate the receiver without guess work. As well as the additional things you can do from this app.
However, one thing that has been totally duped, and I do not understand why, though, and that is the capibility of this app to work with VoiceOver. I'm not sure if this was an oversight or what, but I'm aware that Apple does supply the developers with a tool kit to make apps work with VoiceOver and I am hoping this comes backnowledge to being an accessible app again like it was.
There are some really cool things being put in place, but they need to also be accessible to more than just those who have eyesight.
Keep up the good work, but don't forget about those who can't access graphic based screens? Please?
wait I just got the latest update as of this date, December 19, 2013, but I see that there still is no voiceover accessibility put in.
Used to be ok
The app used to be okay when I was able to record remotely from my iPhone. Now I keep getting an error message saying I am not connected to the Internet. Rephrase: that my receiver is not connected to the Internet… Which means when I am trying to record something it should be in HD. I am not trying to record in HD. I am trying to simply record a show from say ABC, NBC, or a regular channel. I can no longer record ANYTHING. When trying to contact DirecTV via email, so I won't have to stay on the phone forever and a day, their response was to call (anyway) because they could not help me via email. I got DirecTV because of the channels my mother had on her service (i.e. FitTV...). By the time I got DirecTV half the channels were gone and the only thing left was a bunch of infomercials on every station. I'm really ready to get rid of them. They aren't as good as they used to be. I'm tired of paying my money for a bunch of infomercials.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Dec 19, 2013
- Version: 3.3.003
- Size: 37.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2012 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 6.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5.