By DIRECTV, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
We’ve packed a world of entertainment in one little app. Watch live TV or catch up on the latest movies and shows On Demand. With the DIRECTV app, your favorite entertainment always goes where you go. And now, you can control your HD DVR from your Apple Watch, too.
We’ve made tons of awesome changes recently. Here are some crowd favorites:
• Watch thousands of your favorite movies and shows, live or on Demand
• Enjoy the latest releases on DIRECTV CINEMA and buzz-worthy entertainment from top premium channels like HBO®, Cinemax®, STARZ®, ENCORE®, and SHOWTIME®
• Start watching an On Demand program on one device, pause, then continue watching on any other device
• Binge watch with ease. When you finish watching an episode of a show, the next episode will start playing automatically
• Start watching a show on your device, then tap to send it to your big screen. And vice versa—send it from your TV to your mobile device
• Make wise decisions with detailed program descriptions, cast & crew info, photos, recommendations and parental ratings
• Tap the new “In my subscription” filter to browse the movies and shows that don’t require extra payment
• Set your DVR to record movies and shows from anywhere. You can record a single episode of a show or an entire series with just one tap
• Add more time to the start or end of your recording request so you won’t miss a second of the action—even if your program runs overtime
• Control your TV from your Apple Watch.* Find new movies and shows, view their details, and set them to record to your DVR, and more from your wrist
• Add the new DIRECTV remote widget to your iOS Today screen to quickly see what’s currently playing on your TV, control playback, set your DVR, and more—all without unlocking your phone or opening the DIRECTV app*
• When you want to find a show, just speak up. Voice search can help you find exactly what you're looking for. You can even set it to display results on your TV
*IMPORTANT TIP: Before using your iOS Widget or Apple Watch, make sure your receiver is set up properly. Go to your receiver’s MENU, then select Settings & Help > Settings > Whole-Home > External Device. Make sure “External Access,” “Current Program” and “Recordings” are set to Allow and “Recently Watched” is set to Share.
- iPhone® 4S or later, iPod touch® 5th generation running iOS 8+
- DIRECTV customers must have a residential home account registered on DIRECTV’s website to access the DIRECTV for iPhone
- Watching select Live TV Streaming channels outside the home requires an active Wi-Fi or mobile network connection. For best performance, connect to a strong Wi-Fi signal
- Available content is based on your current programming package and premium service. Not all content is available to stream at this time
- Live TV Streaming in-home only channels and remote control requires a Wi-Fi connection to your home network and a DIRECTV Plus® HD DVR (models R22, and HR20 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection. Remote control also works with HD receivers (models H21, H23 or higher) connected to a broadband Internet connection
- Scheduling a recording requires a Wi-Fi, or mobile network connection and a DIRECTV Plus® DVR or HD DVR
- Receivers do not require phone or Internet connection to schedule a recording
For complete details on technical requirements, please visit: https://support.directv.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3426
For Tips, Tricks and Customer Support, please visit: http://forums.directv.com
This DIRECTV App features Nielsen’s proprietary measurement software which will allow you to contribute to
http://www.nielsen.com/digitalprivacy for more information about this Nielsen measurement feature
What's New in Version 4.3.010
Bug fixes and stability enhancements.
Shallow and weak!
The app interface should be more like what we see on our TV. Continuity and familiarity among control devices should be critically important. Why put us in a position to learn two interpretations of the same structure; especially when there are important features missing from the app?
For example, when I use the app to choose to record a show and see that there is a conflict, I don't have the option to remove an existing record directive in order to allow the one I am currently trying to initiate. I have to wait to get to the remote control interface. That's just bad design!
Since the remote control for the set top box with the viewer interface seen on our screen was here first, its familiar interface and functionality should be copied by the app. The app designers may feel that they have better ideas that are more suitable for mobile operating systems. However, any time they deviate from the pre-existing, remote control user interface the resulting inconsistencies are experienced by the end users as problems that we have to overcome.
Junk App Shame On You Direct TV
This app is almost worthless, at least when trying to stream content from an IPhone 6 to an Apple TV. I've tried every configuration thus far and I am only able to stream prerecorded content to my Apple TV using the mirroring function. And that's the only reason I gave it 2 stars. If I try to just shoot it directly to the Apple TV I get a content load error, if I try and watch live tv from the app and shoot it to the Apple TV I get a content load error, if I try and mirror my phone with live content, you guessed it, a content load error. This is supposed to be my 14 day trial to convince me to sign up for your service, but in fact it may have convinced me otherwise. You are a major service provider, how about putting a little more money into the R&D and stop being cheap. I travel a lot and when I do, streaming content from my phone is a necessity. Oh and my internet is very strong, I'm not just some numb nut who doesn't know how this stuff works.
NO fast forward? At all???
Sometimes when my DirecTV service is interrupted because of weather, or my recording ends before the program is over because of poor scheduling on the part of DirecTV, I go online to watch the last five or 10 minutes of my show. Only to discover that I have to watch the entire show again in order to see the end. And if I leave it on and walk away and something disrupts the viewing such as my iPad going into sleep mode, I have to start YET again. If I forget and click an email that pops up, I have to start YET AGAIN.
I can go to many of the broadcast channels such as ABC and skip forward in 15 minutes segments, watch the mandated commercials, and at least have access to the end of the program. This app makes it impossible unless you are prepared to sit down and give it your undivided attention for the full duration. Fall asleep? Tough cookies! START OVER. I think this is what Hell is like. First world Hell, at the very least.
- Category: Entertainment
- Updated: Nov 12, 2015
- Version: 4.3.010
- Size: 106 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Language: English
- Seller: DIRECTV
- ©2015 DIRECTV, LLC.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.