THE PRO-QUALITY DJ MIXING APP
DJ Rig is a full-featured, double-deck DJ mixing app for iPhone. It provides instant song-playing from the device’s music library, automatic tempo sync and beat match, sample-based pads and performance recording, plus an arsenal of high-quality DJ effects. When used with the new iRig MIX audio mixer for iOS devices, DJ Rig provides the most portable professional setup for mobile DJs and musicians.
DJ Rig has many professional features not found in other DJ apps like its unique beat match, its selection of 12 high-quality DJ effects with XY control, built-in sampling pads, multiple cue points, crossfade curves and X-Sync. X-Sync (available when used with iRig MIX) enables anyone to automatically synchronize the app audio with any other external audio source like a second iOS device but also regular CD or MP3 players.
Professional DJ Features:
• Landscape and portrait interfaces
• Direct access to music library and playlists with instant play
• Deck controls: Volume, Pitch, 3-Band Kill EQ, Headphones and Crossfader
• Tempo controls for fine BPM adjustments
• 3 crossfader curves for customizing fades
• Drag and zoom of waveform display
• Auto-level detect and adjust for the perfect balance between decks
• Crossfade filter allows fading between decks with bass or high filters for smooth and perfect transitions
• Customizable deck interface (available for in-app purchase)
• Multiple output configurations for virtually any audio setup
• Supports all major digital audio formats including MP3, AAC, WAV, AIFF
• Live recorder allows you to record full mixing gigs
• Export your mixes via file sharing
Mix & Scratch
• Tempo Sync
• Beat Match – for the first time, a DJ iOS app that can align songs’ beats
• Fast BPM detection, beat analysis and beat map saving
• 4 visual cue points per song (1 built-in plus 3 available as in app purchase)
• Automatic looping, create loops with beat-accurate tempo divisions
• Accurate scratching engine modeled on real deck behavior with CloneDeck™ technology for scratching with cut-to-the-beat
• X-Sync mode detects the BPM from external audio sources in real-time and automatically syncs the audio/tempo of internal decks to external devices (when used with iRig MIX)
• 12 Effects included in the full version: LowPass Filter, BandPass Filter, HighPass Filter, Delay, Stutter, Phazer, Crush, Flanger, Compressor, Fuzz, Reverb, Autowah
• 6 available in-app purchase effects: Noise, Tail, Brake, Spin, Twist Up, Twist Down
• XY touch interface
• All effects are BPM-synched
• Multiple controls
• Extra filter available
• On-the-fly sampler machine
• 9 pads matrix with assignable pads
• 15 sound banks available (8 built-in plus 7 available for in-app purchase)
• Live sampling functionality
• Pitch control
For more information:
- General reliability improvements
Ratings and Reviews
Lots of great effects and the sample pads are awesome! Love it!
Not bad - but some basic improvements needed
Got the app and the rig - and used it last weekend. Overall quite happy with the results, but a few basic things are needed to make it great: 1. A simple cue button to bring the song BACK TO BEGINNING. 2. The rig claims to include the apps - would it kill you guys to give more than a free app to someone who had just spent $100 on your own hardware? The free app is already out there, so essentially this is false advertising :) 3. If you claim it works with iPad, you NEED and iPad app - seriously. I did use it with iPad and made it work, but a dedicated app would have made a huge difference! 4. Last but not least, a timer showing how much of the song is left is a MUST! Other than that, had a great time with the app and with the rig (a little too flimsy, but not bad otherwise for a little guy like this) - thank you guys!
Review from working DJ who bought the upgrades
Note: I use this app in portrait mode on two iPads, because I have to cue and have stereo sound with an external mixer to do my work.
The sound quality on this app is very high, and the responsiveness of the deck is very impressive.
That said, I'll first echo the criticism of others: iPad version please, especially the track selection pages which waste a tremendous amount of space that could be used to display more info about ever track.
Now, my real problems with this app:
- The paradigm is a virtual picture of real gear. I have ten fingers, not one - so why is there absolutely no support for multitouch gestures to perform? It's like this app was designed using a mouse and nobody thought about using the real capabilities of these devices. Please look at the TraxPad app for an example of touch DJ-ing done right (although the feature set is from complete).
- No minute/second timer - I need a countdown!
- I shouldn't have to tap twice to bring up track/artist info. On fond my gigs is on the radio and expect to have that information displayed more rapidly for announcing.
Overall, I find this app to be useful but not a real replacement for either one CDJ nor a full DJ setup, but I hope it'll evolve to get there.
Please consider adding AudioBus support!!!!
- IK Multimedia US, LLC
- 43.3 MB
- Requires iOS 8.1 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 2012 IK Multimedia Production srl
- In-App Purchases
- Upgrade to Full $19.99
- Pro Bundle $9.99
- Looping $1.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.