djay 2 for iPhone
By algoriddim GmbH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
The #1 DJ App, now with Spotify integration!
Ready to rock your next party? Introducing djay 2 - the next generation of the world's best-selling DJ app and winner of the Apple Design Award has been redesigned from the ground up.
• “Got a hidden scratch master inside of you? djay will serve beginners and experts.” — The New York Times
• “If you're serious about your party playlist, download Algoriddim's djay.” — The Wall Street Journal
• "djay 2 will blow your mind. And your ears. And your eyes." — iMore
• "Yes, this is the future, and it's here now! This truly is the next step in Digital DJing.” — DJ Mag
djay transforms your iPhone or iPod touch into a full–featured DJ system. Seamlessly integrated with both your iTunes music library and Spotify, djay gives you direct access to all your favorite songs and playlists. You can perform live, record mixes on–the–go, or enable Automix mode to let djay create a seamless mix for you automatically. Whether you are a professional DJ or a beginner who just loves to play with music, djay offers you the most intuitive yet powerful DJ experience on an iPhone or iPod touch..
• iTunes music library integration
• Spotify integration (requires Spotify Premium and internet connection, FREE 7 day trial is available for djay 2 users)
• Audio FX: Flanger, Phaser, Echo, Gate, Bit Crusher
• FX Expansion Packs powered by Sugar Bytes (over 30 additional audio effects available via In-App Purchase)
• Mixer, Tempo, Pitch-Bend, Filter and EQ controls
• Looping & Cue Points
• Colored HD Waveforms™
• Live Recording (iTunes only)
• Sampler with included sound packs by Snoop Dogg, DJ QBert, Milk & Sugar, and more
• Single Deck Mode
• Pre-Cueing with headphones (using Griffin DJ Cable or multi-channel audio interface)
• Advanced time-stretching (Key Lock)
• Key Detection and Matching (requires iPhone 5S or better)
• Automatic beat detection
• iCloud integration to sync metadata
• iTunes Store integration
• Support for Inter-App Audio and Audiobus
• Support for all major audio formats (no support for DRM protected songs)
• Support for AirPlay and Bluetooth devices
• Support for DJ MIDI Controllers: Pioneer DDJ-WeGO3, Vestax Spin 2, Mixdeck Quad, iDJ Live, iDJ Live II, ION iDJ 2 Go, Reloop Beatpad, Casio XW-J1, Philips M1X-DJ
djay 2 for iPhone supports iPhone 4, iPhone 4s, iPhone 5, iPhone 5c, iPhone 5s, iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPod touch 4th and 5th generation running iOS 7 or later. Auto-gain, wave colors, and key lock require iPhone 4S or better. Key detection and matching requires iPhone 5S or better.
What's New in Version 2.7.5
Introducing integration with Apple Watch: mix tracks right from your wrist!
- Introducing the all-new Gold Skin. Turn djay’s turntables GOLD with this stunning new theme (available via in-app purchase.
- Various bug fixes and improvements
If you like djay, please rate it with every update! Thanks for your continued support and we look forward to hearing your feedback.
I downloaded the app and was very annoyed that I had to buy FX. But the app lacks a simple build. Everything is far away from each other. Hard to control to many things at once. There's another app here on the App Store called Beat Rock. Every thing is simple. You can put up to 6 cue points, has different loop parameters, EQ, FX (For Free), has a High Pass/Low Pass slider, so you can filter out high and low frequencies, has a pitch knob, has a sampler, in which you can sample tracks and your voice, and has a full page mode, so you can literally access ALL the controls at once. Beat Rock even has its own accessible community from within the app, so you can upload mixes to it and get featured. Want to upload your mix to SoundCloud, BeatPort, etc.? Simply go to Beat Rock's documents folder in iTunes and copy your recordings to your desktop. Then you can upload them to SoundCloud, BeatPort, etc. Just check it out. Maybe you'll like it.
Best MOBILE DJ app to date
Been using this app for about a week now. Seems solid all around. The transitions between songs are cool and when turned on auto the program seems to match the transitions appropriately with the bpm songs so it blends together nicely. Great feature! Only issues I have from making it a five star app is that there is a slight lag when using the fx's which, if dj'ing live or recording could be an issue for the user but if just using for fun then it's not a big deal. Other issue is there should be more free fx's instead of in-app purchase. Overall though this is my go to music player on my iPhone when I hit the gym now!
You can't fake perfection
This app is so much better than beat rock, that people even try to make a comparison between the two is absurd. Since I've discovered this djay app my life has never been the same, it actually gives the turntable feel which is nonexistent on beatrock. Everything about this app is perfect to me, it just took listening to my music to a whole other level, like another dimension and furthermore it renews my hope in humanity. Thank you! And thank you for making it free for app of the week, it's the app of the century, best invention on earth.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Apr 20, 2015
- Version: 2.7.5
- Size: 54.8 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Simplified Chinese, Spanish
- Seller: algoriddim GmbH
- © 2006-2015 algoriddim GmbH
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5 and iPhone 6.
Top In-App Purchases
- Complete FX Pack Collection$9.99
- Resonate FX Pack$3.99
- Gold Skin$3.99
- Juggle FX Pack$3.99
- Slice FX Pack$3.99
- Warp FX Pack$3.99
- Modulate FX Pack$3.99