DM1 - The Drum Machine
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DM1 is an advanced vintage Drum Machine. It turns your iPad into a fun and creative beat making machine.
Easy and fast to use, loaded with 108 superb electronic drum kits and beautiful hyper-realistic graphics, DM1 has been designed for a lot of instant fun.
As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 108 electronic drum kits. 28 classic vintage drum kits plus 80 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER frees your imagination with a smart use of the multi-touch screen. Just turn on and off steps in your sequence with the tip of your fingers to create cool beats, or unexpected rhythms!
2 - THE DRUM PADS simply lets you play and record the beat that tickles your fingers. No need to be a first-class drummer, automatic quantize does the work for you.
3 - THE MIXER for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Featuring settings for volume, pitch, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
4 - THE FX TRACKPADS a creative duo of FX trackpads to distort, modulate and transform your beats. The effects include: Overdrive, Delay, Reverb, Envelope follower, Phaser, Dub Delay, Formant, Texturizer, Robotizer, Filter, Dalek filter, Compressor and Noise Gate.
5 - THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Fast and easy.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
• 108 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
• Samples Import from AudioShare, iPod Library, microphone, DropBox, AudioCopy and iTunes shared folder
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Time signature
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Mixer page with pitch, length and level rotary controls, pan controls, choke and custom drum kit per channel
• Automation Panel for a precise and intuitive control of any Mixer parameter over time
• Duo FX Trackpads for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
• Live Waveform display for FX pads
• FX per track
• FX automation (FX parameters and FX per pattern)
• 9 Big Drum pads, quantized recording and pitch-bend ribbon
• Pitch-bend ribbon automation
• Mode song with intuitive editing
• High-quality export to SoundCloud, DropBox, AudioShare, Facebook, email, iTunes shared folder or AudioCopy
• Separated tracks and AAC encoding export options
• The Randomizer tool
• Extra fast drum kit loading
• Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Import & Export your song project (DropBox, Mail, iTunes folder)
• Full Midi implementation
• Midi export
• Inter-App Audio support
Watch DM1 video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next DM1 update.
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : email@example.com
Powered by Fingerlab
What's New in Version 5.6.2
-Ableton Link update
-Minor bugs fixes
Best Drum Machine App!
I got this app a while ago when I was looking for a good drum app, then shelved it for a while. After watching a video last night of someone in a studio using a drum machine to lay down the rhythm in a jam session, I loaded up the app to mess around. There's so much you can do! There's a good amount of sound presets, from vintage drum machines, dm's from specific eras, and even acoustical drums. There is a step process that lays out either four or eight measures in 16th notes, allowing you to program a unique rhythm. There's a mix tab where you can tweak each sound individually, or isolate certain channels (solos). You can build different rhythms per project (my last project used 15), and you can arrange them how you like in the song tab. You can even export your projects in wav format to Dropbox, Facebook, etc. I'm an experienced drummer - I play acoustical drums for a band that plays weekly - but I'm no pro when it comes to programming DMs. Still I had fun creating some loops, and they sound great enough that I'll probably use them as my smartphone's ringtones. Maybe one day I can incorporate some of my projects into the band. Overall, this is a great app! Worth checking out!
A real step sequencer
This app makes sequencing patterns accessible. It is an excellent teaching tool for sequencing using old rectangular charts with drum machine patterns. It has filters and multiple memory banks for patterns.
Awesome! Buy it.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 03, 2017
- Version: 5.6.2
- Size: 236 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Fingerlab SARL
- © Fingerlab 2011
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.