As electronic musicians ourselves, we, at Fingerlab, have developed DM1 with the intention of delivering the perfect mix between fun playability and powerful sonic capacities. We always keep in mind the importance of a beautiful design with the right balance of powerful abilities while avoiding clumsy, overbusy interfaces.
Check our 154 electronic drum kits. 42 classic vintage drum kits plus 112 in-house produced electronic kits, edited and mastered at Fingerlab professional studio.
DM1 offers 5 main sections:
1 - THE STEP SEQUENCER frees your imagination with a smart use of the multi-touch screen. Just turn on and off steps in your sequence with the tip of your fingers to create cool beats, or unexpected rhythms!
2 - THE DRUM PADS simply lets you play and record the beat that tickles your fingers. No need to be a first-class drummer, automatic quantize does the work for you.
3 - THE MIXER for quick and subtle sound mixing of your drum kits. Featuring settings for volume, pitch, sample length, custom drum kit element for each channel, mute and solo mode.
4 - THE FX TRACKPADS a creative duo of FX trackpads to distort, modulate and transform your beats. The effects include: Overdrive, Delay, Reverb, Envelope follower, Phaser, Dub Delay, Formant, Texturizer, Robotizer, Filter, Dalek filter, Compressor and Noise Gate.
5 - THE SONG COMPOSER allows you to quickly make a song with the beat patterns you have created. Just drag and drop the patterns onto the timeline. Fast and easy.
• Retina Display
• Graphic design by Jonas Eriksson
• Smart ergonomy for fast creativity and fun
• 108 vintage and produced drum kits, mastered at in-house Fingerlab Sound Studios
• 48 additional drum kits available with In-App Purchases
• Instrument mode allowing to add bassline, chord and melody
• 3 instruments: Piano, Korg MicroPreset and Cello Strings
• 3 other instrument (Clavinet, Marimba, MiniLogue) are available with In-App Purchases
• Samples Import from AudioShare, iPod Library, microphone, DropBox, AudioCopy and iTunes shared folder
• Step Sequencer with multi-touch matrix
• Time signature
• 16 or 32 Steps per patterns
• Mixer page with pitch, length and level rotary controls, pan controls, choke and custom drum kit per channel
• Automation Panel for a precise and intuitive control of any Mixer parameter over time
• Duo FX Trackpads for real-time sonic destruction and multi-FX
• Live Waveform display for FX pads
• FX per track
• FX automation (FX parameters and FX per pattern)
• 9 Big Drum pads, quantized recording and pitch-bend ribbon
• Pitch-bend ribbon automation
• Mode song with intuitive editing
• High-quality export to SoundCloud, DropBox, AudioShare, Facebook, email, iTunes shared folder or AudioCopy
• Separated tracks and AAC encoding export options
• The Randomizer tool
• Extra fast drum kit loading
• Playable pattern selection for extra creativity
• Audio background mode
• Audiobus support
• Import & Export your song project (DropBox, Mail, iTunes folder)
• Full Midi implementation
• Midi export
• Inter-App Audio support
Watch DM1 video trailer on YouTube Fingerlab's channel:
Feel free to let us know what you think and what you'd like to see in the next DM1 update.
Watch us : vimeo.com/fingerlab
Visit us : fingerlab.net
Follow us : twitter.com/fingerlab
Contact us : email@example.com
Powered by Fingerlab
- Added sort filter and order buttons in the Load popup, you can now filter the songs list alphabetically or by date, with ascending and descending order. Specially useful if you have a lot of songs!
Ratings and Reviews
Rad! And getting better...
DM2 has been here on the AppStore for awhile and has steadily improved and built upon a simple but solid interface to become one of the must-haves for “padtronica”. Easy for a beginner to build something on-the-fly and have it sound decent, with enough features and inter-app communication options for it to be right at home with a traditional DAW and/or hardware. My one (or two) wish(es) would be for more individual drum sound-sculpting options like frequency filtering and EQing and maybe to inject some life into the FX section with more parameter control/different FX. But I can understand the reason behind not adding too many more options, as it is more than capable as-is and it’s restrictions are, in the end, what gives it it’s unique character.
It just has that feeling... so good!
Definitely a good app, with all these icons and an underground vibe, and swing seems to work better than DM2. It might be big, but the stuff is worth it. From clean analog sounds to gritty sounds to apparently, animal noises, you’ve got a lot of possibilities, especially paired with a recording app for multiple tracks. However, I have a question. So, I bought the everything pack, and if a new in app pack is released, do I automatically get it, or do I have to buy it? How would you go about doing it? Hope the answer helps!
Owned since day 1 and DM1 has gotten better and better and better
Own on Mac and iOS one request is please PLEASE please add some marching percussion drum corps style samples! I would be forever grateful. I would pay $20 IAP for really great marching snare, tenors, and pitched bass drum kits. Also as long as you are at it improving/adding midi, IAA, audiobus, & AU features would be the Christmas wish list best ever presents. Thank you! 🙏
- Fingerlab SARL
- 335.4 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © Fingerlab 2011
- In-App Purchases
- All Packs $3.99
- More Vintage Pack 1 $0.99
- More Acoustic Pack 1 $0.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.