Docs To Go Free
By DataViz, Inc.
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Office anywhere with Docs To Go: View, edit, and create Microsoft® Office files (Word, Excel, PowerPoint*) & view Adobe PDF® files on your iOS device with the original & #1 selling mobile MS Office suite of all time.
Documents To Go® Free contains best-in-class document viewing & editing at no charge. Options for connecting to multiple cloud storage accounts, desktop file sync, and opening password-protected files are available via in-app purchase.
THE DATAVIZ® ADVANTAGE
• Founded in 1984, DataViz is an industry leader in developing mobile Office & productivity solutions for iOS, Mac, and more.
• Documents To Go, now in its 15th year, is currently preloaded on millions of devices around the world.
• InTact Technology™ retains original document formatting of edited files.
• Technical support is available via email by actual people in our home office & via our robust knowledgebase at DataViz.com.
• Optimized for iOS 8/iPhone 6/iPhone 6 Plus!
• iCloud Drive & Document Provider Support: Now included with the cloud access in-app purchase.
• PowerPoint editing now included.
• Various bug fixes, including cursor placement issues and editing problems on iPhone 6 Plus.
OVERALL STANDARD VERSION FEATURES:
• Universal app.
• View, edit, and create MS Office files (97-2013).
• View PDF, iWork, Text, .RTF files, and more!
• Send & receive supported email attachments using the built-in Mail app.
• Open & edit supported files within Docs To Go from any 3rd party app that supports the iOS "Open In" feature.
• File sorting manager (sort your file list by Name, Modified, Size, etc.)
• Supports iTunes File Sharing via USB cable for manually moving files.
WORD TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Word (.doc, .docx) files
• Format font type, size, color, bold, italics, underline, and highlight text
• High fidelity viewing for embedded graphics, tables, comments, footnotes/endnotes, text boxes, table of contents, and hyperlinks
• Change paragraph alignment
• Edit and/or insert bullets and numbering
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find & replace
• Word count
SHEET TO GO FEATURES:
• View, edit, and create Excel (.xls, .xlsx) spreadsheets
• Freeze panes
• Extensive cell & number formatting options, including: font type, size, color, alignment, fill, highlight, category, and decimal place)
• 111 functions supported
• Insert, delete, resize, hide/unhide rows & columns
• Rename, insert, and delete worksheets
• Multiple undo/redo
• Find/find next
SLIDESHOW TO GO FEATURES:
• In-slide PowerPoint editing - Edit slide contents & formatting directly in the slide vs. a separate/outline view.
• Thumbnail slide sorter/view
• High fidelity PowerPoint viewing, including: charts, MS Office SmartArt, and more
• View/edit/add speaker notes
• Sort slides
• Promote/demote bullets
• Open password protected PowerPoint 97-2013 files
PDF TO GO FEATURES:
• Pinch-to-zoom to desired PDF page size/width
• Open password-protected PDFs
*PowerPoint files are view and edit only.
What's New in Version 5.2.9
- Improved view for txt files
- Fixed loss of 'Normal' style in doc files
- Support Chinese input in doc files
- Fixed crashes with OneDrive accounts
- Various bug fixes
Downgraded to the free version and no print
I've been using docs to go for years and I've always loved it, but I recently noticed that when they released this new "premium" app my app was downgraded to the free app. I purchased my app a long time ago and I think it was $5-7 when I purchased it. Instead of making that the premium app and also releasing a free version, the longtime customers get the shaft! I couldn't sworn that I used to be able to do presentations as well and one day it just got downgraded to the free app so I can only do word and excel files.
And this app also needs a print option. You have to email the file to yourself and then open it up in your email in order to print.
None bad product but poor support
I've used docs to go for years and it generally does what I need. The lack of spell checking in excel files is annoying but manageable. The major issue is the poor support. Whenever I've had issues their help has been essentially worthless. Just recently I moved to a new device and couldn't redeem my purchase of the cloud sync function. I gave them proof of the prior purchase but they said they couldn't do anything and sent me to apple who sent me right back to Doc To Go. Who said they would have to see if there was some "trick" they could find. Then they went silent.
I've had to repurchase it because I'm heavily based in the tool but I'm actively looking for a replacement now.
Current Version is Crashing
I enjoy the power of Documents To Go in managing, reading, and editing my documents and spreadsheets. The app has become unstable since the last update. It locks up frequently on my iPhone-5S when editing Word files. The last time this occurred, the autosave feature didn't help and I lost a paragraph of new text.
I hope that this glitch is quickly remedied and I'd be happy the give it the five stars that it had before.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Dec 16, 2015
- Version: 5.2.9
- Size: 59.7 MB
- Languages: English, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Spanish
- Seller: DataViz, Inc
- © 2015 DataViz, Inc.
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Premium Pack$16.99
- Cloud access add-on$6.99
- Desktop Sync add-on$6.99
- Password Protected file access add-on$6.99