Draw anywhere, any time on your screen!
Note: Drawing is through the use of mouse or touchpad; i.e., drawing lines track mouse cursor on screen. If a touchscreen is equipped, a stylus or finger can be used to draw. Keyboard is also required during drawing (pressing hotkeys triggers drawing actions). The drawings exist only in a separate layer that sits on top of the background application. They only overlap on the screen but will not interact or interfere with each other. So it is safe to use this app with others at the same time. Currently does not support drawing over apps on full screen mode.
- Add handwriting/drawings during slide presentation for better illustration
- Add temporary notes on screen to mark documents of other apps
- Outline objects on screen and keep the drawings for reference to use in another screen view
- Simply doodle as you go
- Supports multiple monitors
** This is the Lite/Free version of Draw on My Screen. In the Full version, you can customize drawings. The premium features include:
- Customizable line color/width
- Presets to allow for up to 4 user-defined line settings. Presets let you quickly switch among different line settings with hotkeys
- Customizable hotkeys
- Preferences saved automatically. All custom settings are remembered so everything looks exactly the same upon re-launch
- Adjustable transparency of drawing
* Fixed a bug where some users might not be able to enter keys in other apps
Ratings and Reviews
This app is amazing
This app is great. I’m really not sure why it has so many 1-star ratings but my guess is people didn’t read the instructions on how to use it and gave up. It’s quite simple. Hold down command and alt and move the mouse. The tricky part is that the app has to be running in the foreground for drawing to work. This is an amazing free app and I will definitely consider purchasing the paid version after I use it some more.
Exactly what I wanted
Just looking for a way to sketch ideas quickly on my screen, take a screenshot, share or add to a note. This does just that, in the simplest way possible:
1. command-alt then finger draw right on my trackpad, (no need to hold down click),
2. command-shift-4 to select area of sketch for screenshot,
3. command-ctrl to erase entire sketch
You can do this roundabout in the Notes app, but this is much faster. Thank you!
Simple drawing tool
This app is a simple drawing tool which allow you to draw a simple line on the screen. If you just want to draw a simple line or to circle a part of the screen while you are presenting, it is ok, but it is not for writing text to make a note on the screen. I found one called Epic Pen, it is much better app, but it only works on PC. I am looking for something that will work on Mac. However, this one is not working well for me.
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.