DrinkControl - track drinks, alcohol expenses and calories
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Selected by Healthline.com as one of the Best Alcoholism Apps of 2014.
The truth is people don’t understand the guidelines that surround moderate alcohol use limits.
DrinkControl tracks and converts your alcohol intake quantities, such as glasses, bottles or cans, into the standard units of alcohol, and lets you know when you are going over the limits (set by moderate drinking guidelines) as well as how much you have spent on drinks.
Now, that’s a sobering thought.
- Monitor your alcohol consumption against moderate drinking guidelines from leading health organizations
- Track your alcohol expenses
- Know amount of alcohol calories in your drinks
- Manage your drinks history in calendar
- Statistics and charts for week/month/year
- Get your very personal infographic on drinks consumed
- Customize with your favorite drinks
- Export data for use in Excel/Numbers
Follow @DrinkControl on Twitter:
What's New in Version 4.9.0
New moderate drinking limits for UK, USA, Canada, Germany and WHO from updated alcohol guidelines:
- Increased USA weekly limit for both man and woman from new "Dietary Guidelines for Americans, 2015" by U.S. Department of Health and Human Services
- Reduced UK weekly limits for man from new "UK Chief Medical Officers’ Alcohol Guidelines" effective from 1 January, 2016 (daily limits kept from previous guidelines as new guidelines does specify daily limit)
- Reduced Canada binge limits from updated "Canada's Low-Risk Alcohol Drinking Guidelines" by Canadian Centre on Substance Abuse
- Reduced WHO daily/weekly limits from "Self-help strategies for cutting down or stopping substance use" by World Health Organization
- Increased Germany binge limit, reduced weekly limit from http://www.kenn-dein-limit.de by Bundeszentrale für gesundheitliche Aufklärung
More accurate reporting for daily, weekly and monthly consumption - reaching moderate drinking limit (e.g. when consumed 2.0 units on 2 units limit) does not mean that you have stepped over moderate drinking line. This does not apply to binge limit reporting as all guidelines clearly states that reaching limit for binge/excessive drinking means you have already stepped over the line.
Feedback section moved from Settings tab to About tab. Added What's New screen with updates from @DrinkControl Twitter stream.
Can we ask for a favor? Please consider adding your rating/review for the app in the App Store. This can greatly help new users to find our app between thousands of other apps and keeps us happy and motivated. Thanks!
This is a wonderful app. It has made a huge difference in my reduction of drinking. It is very motivating to keep track and watch your progress. It's a winner!!!!
Very easy to use. Makes it easy to track progress.
Good for flexibly tracking intake
I like having the ability to enter a drink after the fact using the calendar function. That helps me be much more accurate than with other apps that assume you are always entering drinks right away
- Category: Health & Fitness
- Updated: Feb 21, 2016
- Version: 4.9.0
- Size: 17.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: E-protect
- © 2016, E-protect
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.