By Mark Jeschke
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DrumKick is the ultimate live performance drum app on-the-go! It gives you the freedom to play a great-sounding, intuitively laid-out drum kit anywhere—without the hassle of lugging your entire acoustic set to the show. Simply plug into a P.A. system, headphones, a boombox, or an amplifier, and you're ready to rock!
– Connect to your Bluetooth-enabled laptop or device with MIDI over Bluetooth.
– Core and Virtual MIDI support.
– Audiobus & Inter-App Audio support.
– Featured in Apple's December 2014 Music-Making Apps for "The Song."
– Featured in Apple's Band In Your Hand showcase.
– Rated as a Killer App on Apps4iDevices.
DrumKick is the only stereo drum app that allows you to play the kick drum with your foot!
With DrumKick installed on two iOS devices, such as an iPad and an iPhone, you can use the iPhone as a Bluetooth remote to play the kick drum with your foot! It also works with two iPhones or iPod touches. Or, you can mix and match.
How does it work?
Playing the virtual kick drum pedal is achieved by inserting the iPhone (upside down) into a snug fitness band that's wrapped around your ankle, or the front tube of your relatively clean crew sock. Tap your toes with your heel down, and the iPhone's accelerometer will trigger the kick drum sound on the iPad via Bluetooth.
• Play the kick drum sound with your foot, using a second iOS device via standard Bluetooth connection.
• High-quality drum stereo sounds with independent control of their volume, pitch and pan levels.
• Low-latency with drum taps and sounds.
• Retina-enhanced, interactive, 3-D animated drums and cymbals.
• Multiple tap regions for triggering different drum and cymbal sounds.
• Ability to switch the drum kit's audio output from stereo to mono when connected to stereo speakers, such as a P.A. system.
• Touch-hold on the crash cymbal for a choked cymbal* muting effect.
• Audiobus & Inter-App Audio support (iOS7+) for adding effects apps to DrumKick's output and recording into to GarageBand, Loopy, or AudioShare. https://audiob.us
• Audiobus Remote triggers for playing DrumKick's sounds via a secondary iOS Device with the Audiobus Remote app installed. Requires the Audiobus app, iOS 8.3 +, and a Bluetooth LE-enabled iOS device, such as an iPad 3, iPhone 4S & higher. https://audiob.us/remote.
• Core MIDI IN & OUT support, thanks to Nic Grant of Audeonic Apps for his robust MidiBus Library (http://midib.us) and generous help.
• MIDI over Bluetooth support.
• Compatible with the iRig BlueBoard MIDI foot controller. Requires Bluetooth LE-enabled iOS device, such as an iPad 3, iPhone 4S & higher. The iRig BlueBoard does not work with iPad 2.
• Jam along with music apps that run in the background, such as GarageBand, Pandora, or your iPod music library.
• Minimum requirements: iPad 2, iPhone 4S and newer devices are recommended.
* No cymbals were harmed during the making of this app.
If you have an issue or find a bug within DrumKick, please do not inform me about it in an App Review, since that method doesn't provide your contact information. For help and support, please send an email to:
• Missing UI panel for controlling the playback and recording from an Inter-App Audio connected app.
What's New in Version 1.2.0
• MIDI over Bluetooth LE support (iOS 8 and above, only). Bluetooth MIDI will not work with iPad 1, iPad 2, iPhone 4 or earlier devices.
• Added missing Ride Edge and Crash 15" MIDI input note numbers (Thanks for catching this, Ricky Deng!)
• Updated Audiobus SDK 2.3.1.
• Minor bug fixes to the MIDI settings UI.
The only cure... is more cowbell!
I love that there's a tunable cowbell. My kids love it, too. DrumKick is a lot of fun. No more worrying about my neighbors when we play the drums at night. :)
THE BEST drum app I've used
This is an awesome app to use when you're traveling or chilling and decide, "I want to make some killer beats and grooves." I love the 3D cymbal option on it and also how you can change the pitch, volume, and pan. The one thing I would personally enjoy in future updates, is if you give us the ability to switch the kit around and possibly add more drums or different percussive instruments to the mix! But as for now, great job and great app!
Easy to play!
DrumKick is the most ergonomic drum app out there. It's a joy to jam on, and sounds great! Great for open mic performances.
- Category: Music
- Updated: Dec 22, 2015
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 58.1 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Mark Jeschke
- © 2013-2016 Mark Jeschke
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.