By Marinus J.G. van de Molengraft
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
DrumPerfect - the drum machine that brings real sounding drums to your iPad
Top 10 iOS Music App 2014 in the Music App Blog selection!
Recommended hardware: iPad 3 and higher.
DrumPerfect features three extensive editors to easily create very human-like drum sequences:
- An extensive pattern editor in which each individual drum stroke has its own velocity, timing and probability. Each pattern has its own BPM, time signature and beat subdivision settings. Multiple strokes can be linked to a single probabilistic event. Grid view mode facilitates fast setup of new patterns. Play and record new patterns with the velocity-sensitive Live-pad.
- An extensive kit editor with room for up to 16 different drum kits with 16 instruments each. Every instrument consists of up to 16 different user-selectable audio samples. 9 multi-sampled kits included: Jazz-Funk, Acoustic, Dry, Vintage Funk, Garage, Brush, Percussion, and 2 vintage electronic kits. High-quality convolution reverb per kit.
- An extensive song editor in which a song is built of pattern/kit events. Import midi files as DrumPerfect songs.
The "Two-handed" and "Humanize" features give a human feel to the rhythm by modelling the human drummer restrictions and variations. The unique ability to merge patterns of any time signature allows to create new patterns from existing ones. Active CPU Load Control ensures smooth operation.
DrumPerfect offers extensive options for audio-transfer with other apps:
- Live-audio source for other apps via Audiobus and Inter-App-Audio (IAA). Separate output per instrument. Audiobus State Saving supported.
- Perfect sync with IAA-hosts with linked transport control.
- Audio rendering/upload to AudioShare, AudioCopy2, SoundCloud, Dropbox and other apps via Open-in. Both mixed and separate track export.
- Import of audio samples via iTunes, AudioPaste2 and directly from other apps via Open-in.
- Extensive support for midi-in: core midi (hardware) and virtual midi (software), notes and control messages for remote control, configurable channel and control filters, live note recording and midi file import via iTunes and directly from other apps via Open-in.
- Midi file export to Dropbox and to other apps via Open-in.
- Midiclock sync input with midi song pointer, midi start and midi stop.
What's New in Version 1.05.1
Fixes an issue with Dropbox authentication.
Fixes an issue with audio file export.
The best "real drum" app ever, period.
I started on drums in the 6th grade and continued to play throughout my love affairs with guitar, bass and songwriting. When producing demos of my songs I always preferred playing real drums even if the sound wasn't as good as some sampled digital options. The digital sounds have actually been pretty great for a long time, the programming of those sounds is what ruined the option. Even when playing a pad or triggered kit the results weren't that good. No dynamics, the same snare hit over and over and dead giveaway "digital" cymbals.
Enter Drum Perfect...A few programs like Studio Drummer and BFD have certainly made huge strides for PC/Mac but for an iPad app to have such versatility is insane. Using the velocity, humanize and two handed features along with multiple samples per drum/cymbal makes this app essential for iPad music makers who want real sounding drum tracks and not 808 style beats with acoustic drum samples. Highly recommended!
The only app for real sounding drums
The only true option under iOS for natural,organic sounding drums. No other app currently available for the iPad could even be considered competition. Don't let the fact that DP is pricier than your average app dissuade you from giving it a try. Works great MIDI-synched to a DAW (Auria in my case), and has a cool interface. Most importantly, it sounds excellent.
More people need to support this app and its developer - another one of the good guys who truly does listen to and appreciate customer feedback.
Great drum app for realism...
This is the drum app if you want to make sounds that actually sound like a drummer, although it can do drum machine sounds as well. It can be a little CPU heavy with older devices, and there is a little bit of a learning curve, but neither is a show stopper. Great, responsive developer and forum with enthusiastic users.
One thing that isn't totally obvious but is great about this app is that you can import entire MIDI songs and it will extract the drum track and create loops. This is a great way to practice etc. Nice job, Marinus!
- Category: Music
- Updated: Jan 24, 2015
- Version: 1.05.1
- Size: 54.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Marinus J.G. van de Molengraft
- © 2015 M.J.G. van de Molengraft
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPad.