Drums by Asrodot
By Arno VAN GOCH
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
*** Listed as one of the best drum apps for iOS on www.musicappblog.com ***
Designed by a musician for musicians Drums by Asrodot brings a novel twist to drumming on the iPad/iPhone.
*** Be sure to check out the video on the website www.asrodot.com to see and hear the app in action ***
Ask a drummer or a percussionist what a wooden coffee table sounds like. He or she will reply that every inch of the table sounds differently. Some parts of the table will sound somewhat like a bass drum. Other parts of the table will sound more like a rimshot. Parts in-between will sound like a mixture of both.
A drummer or a percussionist placed behind a wooden coffee table will soon discover many different sounds the table has to offer and use it to create stunning rhythms. Much to the joy of the drummer/percussionist, and possibly to the annoyance of the other people sitting at the table.
The table metaphor has been used in the creation of Drums by Asrodot. Using the available space on the screen it has been made sure that every pixel sounds just a little bit different, which makes drumming on the iPad/iPhone come to life. Want to create drumrolls with subtle accents every third note? Now you can.
This does not mean that Drums by Asrodot sounds like a coffee-table. The app comes loaded with six drum kits tailored for various styles of music.
- Expressive: Quick and responsive action. Every pixel sounds just a little different. Velocity sensitive; you can add dynamics by tapping harder or softer.
- 6 Drum Kits: Cajón, Xylophone, Jazz, IDM, Drum&Bass 1 + 2.
- Loop recorder: Record drumloops and export them to iTunes, AudioCopy or Soundcloud.
- Distortion: Increase gain to add a tube-like distortion that can dramatically change the sound.
- Delay Module: With tweakable time, feedback and mix settings.
- Customizable: Designed for both right-handed and left-handed drummers.
- Inter-app audio support
- Audiobus support: You can stream live audio directly to other Audiobus-compatible apps. See http://audiob.us for more information.
What's New in Version 1.4
New features :
- BPM sync for the delay unit.
- MIDI support.
Please enable Background audio
Absolutely fantastic app but i would also like to use it with midi while running in the background But currently the audio will be muted when the app is pushed to the background. It would be a five star app to me if that last missing feature would be added. Fingers crossed X