Du Chinese - Learn Mandarin by Reading
By Peter Askelof
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Reading Chinese Made Easy
Du Chinese is a revolutionary Mandarin reading app that lets you quickly look up the translation of any word or sentence with a simple tap.
The lessons include English translations for both words and sentences, and have full human voice recordings which are synchronized with the text. The word translation are context-dependent to give you the word's meaning in the current sentence.
Du Chinese contains lessons of difficulties ranging from newbie to master, and new lessons are added frequently. The lessons cover topics like everyday life in China, business, and the latest trends in China.
* Human voice recordings synchronized with the texts
* Context-dependent word translations
* Sentence translations
* Save and review words using an intuitive flashcard system
Du Chinese offers premium content for subscribing users. The following subscription plans are offered:
* One month subscription for $11.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
* Six month subscription $54.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
* Twelve month subscription $89.99 USD (automatically renewed until canceled).
- Payment will be charged to iTunes Account at confirmation of purchase
- Your subscription automatically renews unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24-hours before the end of the current period
- Your account will be charged for renewal within 24-hours prior to the end of the current period, and identify the cost of the renewal
- Your subscriptions may be managed by the user and auto-renewal may be turned off by going to the user's Account Settings after purchase
- No cancellation of the current subscription is allowed during active subscription period
What's New in Version 1.2.0
This update adds better support for HSK, following the request of many of our users.
In the reading screen, HSK words are now underlined in color to indicate their HSK level. Tapping a word brings up the dictionary, and the HSK level is shown in the top right corner.
(Note that some of our older lessons do not have HSK information)
New in 1.2.0
* Underline HSK words in reading screen
Great App for Everyday Reading
I use this app to learn how to speak, listen and understand Chinese used in stories, rather than just vocab. being able to highlight specific words to see what they mean, and repeat the pronounciation in context is super helpful.
Very useful reading app
Great for practicing reading, and the resources like personal word lists is very convenient. Would definitely recommend to others!
Great app for ABC
Been using it for a few months. Keep up the good work!!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Education
- Updated: Nov 05, 2016
- Version: 1.2.0
- Size: 11.5 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Peter Askelof
- © 2016 Peter Askelöf
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- Monthly Subscription$11.99
- Monthly Subscription$54.99
- Monthly Subscription$89.99
- Monthly Subscription$31.99