Dwarf Fortress Remote
By Vitaly Pronkin
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Dwarf Fortress is a famous fantasy world simulation/management game from Bay 12 Games. This app allows you to play Fortress Mode remotely on your mobile device. Supports DF version 0.40.24 at the moment.
Dwarf Fortress is an open-ended fantasy world simulation/management game from Bay 12 Games, which is in constant development since 2002. In Fortress mode, player indirectly controls a group of dwarves, attempting to construct a successful and wealthy fortress. The game features a highly detailed procedurally generated fantasy world with multiple civilizations and wildlife, realistic geology, weather effects. You will have dozens of different building and items to construct, hundreds of materials, advanced military system, agriculture, sieges and underground monsters, diplomacy and trading.
ATTENTION: The original game with a plugin (both free) running at home or on a server and internet connection are required to use this application. Please visit mifki.com/df/setup for server installation instructions (including a cheap option to host server in a cloud). It is recommended to test your connection first - search for DFRCT application.
Visit bay12games.com/dwarves for full information about Dwarf Fortress. However, please report any issues with this application to mifki.com/df/support and NOT to the original game authors.
What's New in Version 1.15
* Multilevel Rendering
What TWBT has done to the desktop DF experience, now avilable on mobile. This feature allows to see not just the current z-level, but also everything below. Only the top X levels are refreshed though, where X is configurable and is set to 3 levels by default. You can tweak fog and shadow parameters if required (darker tilesets may require more dense fog and shadows to distinguish between z-levels easily).
* Fast building placement mode
When you need to place a lot of buildings like beds, doors or coffins, where you do not care which items will be used, you can do it much faster now. Just long press the green OK button when placing a building, and the closest item(s) will be automatically selected, without showing the item selection screen.
* Fast linking mode
The same when linking buildings to a lever or trap - long press OK button, and the first two mechanisms will be automatically selected to be used for the link.
* New clean style for the top status bar and for announcements at the bottom of the screen. Two announcements are now shown at a time, allowing to see more of them in time in a busy fortress.
* Selection size is now shown when designating, creating zones and stockpiles
* Long press z-level up/down buttons to show list of Points - this allows to quickly zoom to various parts of the fortress
* When adding jobs in a workshop, swipe to add a job and set it repeat
* When viewing a cage, swipe a contained animals to release them without loading the full Assign Animals screen
* On the announcements and reports screens, "today", "yesterday" and "X days ago" are now shown alongside the dates
* Clutter status and number of contained items are now shown when viewing a workshop
* Swipe a server in the server list to clear caches and connect - useful if you experience map corruption issues
* Changelog is shown in the bottom of the server list screen to keep you informed about fixes and additions being made to the server plugin and in-app help
* Zone information view can now be opened by pressing OK button when a zone is selected. Also, zone status is shown in the information bar.
* Fixed orientation of horizontal axle and water wheel shown incorrectly when placing these buildings
* Fixed an issue with loading noble view after leaving a position vacant
* Close button is removed from trading screens to prevent accidental closing and losing status of all the items marked for trade
* Support for iOS 8.0 - iOS 8.2
Best App I have used!
This app is amazing. Anyone that loves dwarf fortress will love the ablity to use their iPad to play. All functionality is available in the iPad app and is very simple and easy to use. The tileset is fantastic and you can seemlessly switch between the remote and you PC to play.
I this is a must have app for anyone that loves Dwarf Fortress.
This app is *fun*
I was skeptical getting this app. Sounded too good to be true.
Well it's not. Works great. Smooth, pretty, customizable. Uses your computer as a server.
Just make sure you open your port on your router. That's the hardest part.
I think they may be working out some bugs cause I had trouble with trading with the elves.
Developer forgot to provide gameplay
Disregard the video and screenshots. Those are for the desktop version.
For some reason, there is no gameplay in this game. Only a server screen.
- Category: Games
- Updated: May 17, 2016
- Version: 1.15
- Size: 9.9 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Vitaly Pronkin
- © 2016 Vitaly Pronkin
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.