By Nico Tranquilli
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
N.1 Earthquake app for iPhone and iPad, more than 1M users, supports Apple Watch
Get the latest worldwide data from several sources and receive push notifications alerts.
• push notifications on your phone as soon as the event data is available from an official source (you can set alerts based on location and/or magnitude threshold). Push notifications allow the application to receive events even when unused, without this leading to an increased consumption of battery
• map with different sized and colored circles to represent event magnitude and age
• filter events by area (country, continent) or magnitude
• multiple sources, including: U.S. Geological Survey (USGS), European-Mediterranean Seismological Centre (EMSC), GeoScience Australia, GNS Science (GeoNet), Instituto Geográfico Nacional, Servicio Sismológico Nacional, British Geological Survey, GFZ GEOFON, Natural Resources Canada , NOAA
• event timeline (today, yesterday, previous days)
• detail view for each event, reachable from map and timeline views
• Tsunami bulletins (NOAA data)
• Tectonic Plate Boundaries (USGS data)
• Population estimates for each event and Population Density layer (SEDAC/NASA data)
• search earthquakes catalog (all world regions covered, back to 2013)
• export data to Google Earth or other installed apps supporting kml file format
• social sharing: share event map and data to Facebook, Twitter, Email
• reverse geocoding: names of locations, when unavailable, are calculated automatically from their geographical coordinates
• Today Widget: the widget briefly shows some details of the biggest seismic event occurred in your country over the last 24 hours.
• multiple languages: the app is localized in English, Spanish, French, German, Italian, Greek, Russian, Chinese, Dutch, Portuguese, Turkish, Hungarian and Romanian
• optimized for iPhone7, iPad and iOS10. 3D Touch support
What's New in Version 3.5.30
Every update of our Earthquake app includes improvements for speed and reliability!
New in recent updates:
• Population estimates for each event
• Population Density layer
• Additional event data (when available)
• New localizations: Turkish, Indonesian, Chinese (Traditional)
Realtime Earthquake Tracker
This is the best earthquake tracker I've seen so far. Can be set for 2+ or 4+ magnitude. I recommend setting it at 4. One thing to watch if u like to save on data usage. You'll want to turn off notifications when you're away from wifi. It'll rack up data usage really fast. Also has map to show locations of quakes and also tsunami alerts. I recommend this app.
Have many EQ apps on my devices. Live near CA/OR border and watch the activity plus dutchsinse on FB for max warning. This app is one of my favorites.
It's important to me that the app uses multiple reporting agencies.
The best feature of this app by Nico Tranquilli is EQ's are reported before the info is released before any of the other sources.
I wish you could select certain states. I'm only really interested in knowing about Nevada and California. All I can get is my home town and California state capital. It doesn't give you the whole state. This would be a very convenient add to your app. Unfortunately I already paid for it so I'm stuck getting all of the north states. Now my phone will be dinging all the time. Annoying at best!
Customers Also Bought
- Category: Weather
- Updated: Aug 03, 2017
- Version: 3.5.30
- Size: 46.0 MB
- Apple Watch: Yes
- Languages: English, Basque, Catalan, Czech, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, German, Greek, Hebrew, Hungarian, Indonesian, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Norwegian, Norwegian Bokmål, Polish, Portuguese, Romanian, Russian, Simplified Chinese, Slovak, Spanish, Swedish, Traditional Chinese, Turkish, Vietnamese
- Seller: Nico Tranquilli
- © 2013-2017 Nico Tranquilli
Compatibility: Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
Top In-App Purchases
- PRO Version$1.99