By DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Open the Mac App Store to buy and download apps.
Think Mac OS X's Spotlight could use some help, especially when searching for text files? Download EasyFind, an alternative to (or supplement of) Spotlight and find files, folders, or contents in any file without indexing. EasyFind is especially useful for those tired of slow or impossible indexing, outdated or corrupted indices, or those just looking for features missing in the Finder or Spotlight.
- Boolean operators, wildcards, phrases
- Extended Boolean operators, similar to DEVONthink and DEVONagent
- Immediate searches, no indexing required
- Finds invisible files and files inside packages (something Spotlight doesn't do)
- Displays the location of each file in a separate column
- Previews files using Quick Look (Mac OS X 10.5 or later)
- Provides contextual menus and services
- Supports drag-and-drop
- Very responsive, thanks to multithreading
- Uses very little memory
What's New in Version 4.9.3
- Improved support for OS X Mountain Lion and OS X Mavericks.
- Various bug fixes.
10 STAR App!
Can’t say enough good about this app. We originally got it because we had a folder on a PC file server that we were trying to find files on, and it would sometimes take up to 15 minutes just to load up the folder, let alone search it. This app searched and found the files we were looking for LITERALLY in 15 seconds.
Now we use it for everything, even Mac folders that the Finder is taking FOREVER to search through — EasyFind does the job in seconds — sometimes almost faster than you can type out what you are looking for.
Major kudos to this developer!!!
Excellent search utility
Spotlight usually finds what I need, but for tougher tasks, I am glad that this utility is out there. Every once in a while, maybe not even every year, I need to find something that I can’t remember enough about to find any other way. I’ve also found it good for helping other people to find something on their own computer. And free—here and on their own website.
What Spotlight should have been
The Easyfind app intro says it all: Spotlight could use a little help. I used EasyFind when I worked on PC platforms, and it was always a lifesaver, since Microsofts search algorithms have never worked properly. Spotlight is an improvement (admittedly from a very low bar) by I would be very happy to replace Spotlight with EasyFind. As it is, EasyFind is the first App on my App Bar on the OS X Desktop
- Category: Utilities
- Updated: Jul 23, 2014
- Version: 4.9.3
- Size: 2.8 MB
- Languages: English, Dutch, French, German, Italian, Portuguese, Russian
- Seller: DEVONtechnologies, LLC
- © 2001-2014 DEVONtechnologies, LLC
Compatibility: OS X 10.6.8 or later