Economy Picking Guitar School
This app is only available on the App Store for iOS devices.
Economy picking (aka Sweep Picking) is a whole new world of unique possibilities and technical achievements on a guitar. It is hard to imagine a guitarist, who would not want to achieve a technical perfection :) . EP gives you an ability to reach the shortest way of mastering the secrets of performing art! Fonexsis integrates all existing licks of EP in one single application for you!
●● Economy picking technique is a combination of Sweep picking and Alternate picking technique. Sweep picking is a technique that allows guitarists to play exercises rapidly by picking two or more strings in the same direction (up or down) with a single stroke. Alternate picking is a guitar playing technique that employs strictly alternating down and up picking strokes in a continuous run. The aim is to minimize movement in the right hand, in contrast with alternate-picking technique.
Here is a brief list of guitarists, who used to apply EP technique in their songs: Tosin Abasi, Frank Gambale, Yngwie Malmsteen, Les Paul, Eric Johnson, Jan Akkerman, Chet Atkins, Vinnie Moore, Michael Angelo. Modern metal style guitarists: Zakk Wylde, Paul Gilbert, Bruce Bouillet, Jason Becker, Marty Friedman, Richie Kotzen.
By having this app, you will not need to buy a numerous guitar video lessons. This app is also giving you a material to learn rhythm (3/4, 9/4, 5/4 measures etc), as well as musical theory material (modes, arpeggio, sequences).
There's no analogue in App Store!!!
Economy Picking Guitar School
● 522 different economy picking exercises (incl. Sequences, Arpeggios, Neo-classic and 12 Tone Sequences) !
● Each can be transposed to any desired key by dragging the notes with your finger!
● Open strings exercises featured, which can also be transposed on a guitar by using a capodaster (capo)
● Every exercise is provided with corresponding optimal fingering
● Every exercise is provided with a sequence of strokes, showing you necessary strokes for every note of the exercise. These strokes (pick up, pick down, pull-off, hammer on, slide) are provided to help you to achieve high speed arpeggios and sequences playing. Please read the info page inside this application for detailed description on every stroke.
● Voice helper function helps you in learning by speaking the strokes during playback in slow tempo and when in Step mode
● Harmony feature: you can see and listen to the chords, over which a current exercise can be played. This feature can be switched off when it is unnecessary. You can also use given chord progressions for your compositions.
● Cursor can display note names or fingering (selectable)
● Notes can display note names or fingering (selectable)
● Degree indicator. It allows you to learn exercise's scale steps in detail. (Degree on/off toggle is located at the bottom of the Settings page)
● Step-by-step note playback in both directions for more detailed learning or exercises
● Metronome feature with adjustable tempo and bell sound, includes different measures
● Metronome pre count feature with different adjustable settings
● Adjustable volume balance between harmony and guitar solo sounds
● Two guitar sound banks (Acoustic and Distortion) to select
● Six selectable harmony timbres to choose from
● Stereo Chorus FX for harmony chords at your choice
● Reverb FX for guitar sounds
● Master Tune option
● iPad Pro, iPhone 7 / 7 Plus native resolution screen support
● All Fonexsis applications are supported by free updates
What's New in Version 3.3
In this version (3.3):
- barre's color brightness increased for better visibility on short barres;
- metronome tempo slider on the Settings page minimum value limit lowered as on the main tempo slider;
- guitar note sound's release time shortened for cleaner overall sounding;
- bug fixed when "swipe" ui sound effect appeared twice in certain cases when opening Exercise's selector;
- added support of exercises which have more than 256 notes (for the future updates);
- 45 new exercises added to library;
- several theoretical fixes in the exercise's library.
In version 3.2:
- 3 new exercises added;
- minor improvements and important bug fixes.
- Category: Music
- Updated: May 06, 2017
- Version: 3.3
- Size: 26.2 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Dmitrij Pavlov
- © 2012-2017 Fonexsis
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.