Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Editorial is a plain text editor for iOS with powerful automation tools and a beautiful inline preview for Markdown, TaskPaper, and Fountain documents.
* Inline Markdown/Fountain Preview – With Editorial's subtle syntax highlighting, you can see your document's formatting immediately while you're writing. And when you need a full HTML preview, it's just a swipe away.
* Extensible with Workflows and Scripts – Select from over 50 text processing actions to create your own workflows for extending Editorial's feature set. For even more advanced automation, you can write Python scripts with an integrated code and UI editor.
* Dropbox Sync – The sync folder is customizable, so you can easily edit your documents with multiple apps.
* Smart Keyboard – The extended keyboard was specifically designed for writing Markdown and includes all the special characters you need. You can also control the cursor with simple swipe gestures.
* Snippets – Quickly insert frequently-used pieces of text by typing abbreviations. Snippets can include dynamic text, e.g. the current date or clipboard contents. TextExpander™ snippets are also supported.
* In-App Browser – If you need to do some quick research while writing, you don't have to leave the app for that. You can even open multiple tabs.
* "Folding" allows you to quickly hide individual sections of your document while you're writing.
*** *** ***
“It would be hard to imagine a better editor, let alone recommend one that actually exists.” — The Verge
“This is it. Editorial sets a new standard for third-party iOS automation, and, for me, there’s no going back.” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Editorial just reinvented iOS text editing.” — Merlin Mann
What's New in Version 1.2.1
* Fixed various crashes on iOS 7
* New "Sync with Dropbox" workflow action
I've looked at more productivity apps than I'd like to admit, and decided that this one is worth the investment of learning how to use it, instead of an easier app. Because it bends to you instead of forcing you to bend to the app.
There's two things that are drawbacks. 1. My phone and ipad versions aren't syncing and so far I haven't been able to figure out why. 2. I wish I could insert pictures info the text. I know technically it's a text document, but it allows linking to images, so instead of changing it from a text editor, they could display the linked images on the text as part of the app interface, without polluting the text document.
This app and the integration with Dropbox might have made me lose a week's worth of work. That's unacceptable because I am told it is all super secure and safe and I know it isn't user error because it is all out of my hands.
Excellent professional level app
Editorial is a serious application that has outstanding multiple capacities from simple text editing to Python programming. It is almost the Emacs of iPhones. It's modal interface takes some getting used to. Expect to spend a few hours before going into the field to take notes. You will be rewarded by this well thought out and professional level application.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 25, 2015
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 57.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ole Zorn
- © 2015 omz:software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.