Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Editorial is a plain text editor for iOS with powerful automation tools and a beautiful inline preview for Markdown, TaskPaper, and Fountain documents.
* Inline Markdown/Fountain Preview – With Editorial's subtle syntax highlighting, you can see your document's formatting immediately while you're writing. And when you need a full HTML preview, it's just a swipe away.
* Extensible with Workflows and Scripts – Select from over 50 text processing actions to create your own workflows for extending Editorial's feature set. For even more advanced automation, you can write Python scripts with an integrated code and UI editor.
* Dropbox Sync – The sync folder is customizable, so you can easily edit your documents with multiple apps.
* Smart Keyboard – The extended keyboard was specifically designed for writing Markdown and includes all the special characters you need. You can also control the cursor with simple swipe gestures.
* Snippets – Quickly insert frequently-used pieces of text by typing abbreviations. Snippets can include dynamic text, e.g. the current date or clipboard contents. TextExpander™ snippets are also supported.
* In-App Browser – If you need to do some quick research while writing, you don't have to leave the app for that. You can even open multiple tabs.
* "Folding" allows you to quickly hide individual sections of your document while you're writing.
*** *** ***
“It would be hard to imagine a better editor, let alone recommend one that actually exists.” — The Verge
“This is it. Editorial sets a new standard for third-party iOS automation, and, for me, there’s no going back.” — Federico Viticci, MacStories
“Editorial just reinvented iOS text editing.” — Merlin Mann
What's New in Version 1.2.1
* Fixed various crashes on iOS 7
* New "Sync with Dropbox" workflow action
This app and the integration with Dropbox might have made me lose a week's worth of work. That's unacceptable because I am told it is all super secure and safe and I know it isn't user error because it is all out of my hands.
Feeling the TaskPaper love
Editorial is a remarkable app. The workmanship that was put into it really shows. I use it mainly as a TaskPaper task manager (coupled with Sublime Text / PlainTasks on my Mac) but I also use it as a simple text editor. I haven't even scratched the surface of its true depth of functionality, but it's worth the price even for the simple ways in which I use it.
Thanks for this amazing piece of software.
Greatly improved in the past year. It's neither pretty nor fun to use, like Matcha, but it is very powerful and reliable. Syncs flawlessly with Dropbox, unlike Ulysses. It has just the right tools for serious writers, such as the ability to use snippets and drag and drop graphs to arrange a story.
And, if you take the time customize, you can in effect build your own writing tool.
- Category: Productivity
- Updated: Jun 25, 2015
- Version: 1.2.1
- Size: 57.4 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Ole Zorn
- © 2015 omz:software
Compatibility: Requires iOS 7.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch. This app is optimized for iPhone 5, iPhone 6, and iPhone 6 Plus.