eDrawings® Pro is the professional 2D and 3D CAD collaboration app for the iPad, iPhone and iPod Touch that can view native SolidWorks® files (part, assembly, drawings), eDrawings files and DraftSight® (DWG™, DXF™) files. You can easily view models and access configurations, drawing sheets, and exploded views for eDrawings files published from SolidWorks and all other supported CAD software.
Markup! Measure! Section! eDrawings® Pro takes you to the next level of 2D and 3D collaboration with more functionality, including dynamic cross section views, measurements, markups & annotations and the unique ability to share it all by email!
eDrawings includes Augmented Reality (AR). This allows you to view your 3D models in 1:1 scale into the real world. By simply activating the device’s camera, you can bring your virtual 3D designs in a real context and see them in situ, sitting on your desk or on your conference room table or even in the palm of your hand, through your iPad, Pad mini, iPhone or iPod Touch’s screen. Move around the room and see your design from any perspective.
With an intuitive user interface, eDrawings® Pro enables you to dynamically view cross sections of your models in XY, YZ, or ZX directions from both sides and easily drag the cross section plane on screen or with a convenient slider. You can also measure distances in your designs, with easy-to-use selection filters for faces, edges, vertices and holes.
With eDrawings® Pro you can create markups on your drawings, including text notes, freehand notations, dimensions, cross-section views, photos and camera snapshots.
You can share your marked up eDrawings files with others for review and further comments. All markups with history are saved within the eDrawings file.
* Intuitive and easy-to-use user interface
* Visualize your 3D models in real context with Augmented Reality (AR)
* Open 3D (EASM, EPRT, SLDASM, SLDPRT), 2D (EDRW, SLDDRW, DWG, DXF) and associated files from any source: email attachments, cloud storage services (Dropbox™, SkyDrive®, Google Drive, YouSendIt®, and others), email, web and FTP sites, networks, and iTunes® File Sharing
* Zoom, pan, and rotate your 3D and 2D CAD data using multi-touch
* Browse your assembly components tree, model configurations and drawing sheets
* Hide, show, or make components transparent
* Select View mode: standard orthogonal views, shaded with edges, perspective view
* Play animated 3D standard views as well as 2D drawing views
* View your designs in full screen and double tap to fit it on screen
* Double tap zooms to drawing views
* Markup your designs and send to others and read others’ markups
* Measure your design data
* View cross sections of your 3D designs, even in AR mode
* Adapt the scale of your 3D model in AR mode
* Freeze the background in AR mode with viewpoint lock to prolong AR experience without holding up your device.
* Sample files included
For more information, visit:
Fix displaying of decals.
Fix opening SolidWorks documents with unicode characters in filename.
Ratings and Reviews
Crashed first time
I got this to share an asembly with others. A modest size assy with some assembly level cuts. The app crashes every time I try to open the assy. Had to make an EASM - VERY disappointed!
Also VERY disappointed with AR. What do you need a stupid marker for!!
Thank you for getting in touch regarding the app. If you have time, Can you provide some further information by creating a Service request on below link:
eDrawings Support Team.
Would like my money back
Great app but bear in mind….
Here's something hopefully anyone thinking of buying the app will find helpful. The app works as advertised. The only problem is because of iPad (or iPhone)'s hardware, there's a limit to the size of the assembly you can view. The loader you see in the sample pictures above is the loader that comes as a sample on the app. It is built with 60 or so parts. The app runs fine. You can fly the CAD nicely. However, I can't load my assembly which has probably 200 parts or more. The app claims low memory. So just bear that in mind when you're looking to buy this app. If you don't huge assemblies or just need to view parts, then this app works great.
- Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
- 201.8 MB
- Requires iOS 8.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- © 1999-2018 Dassault Systemes SolidWorks Corporation
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.