Eight is the ultimate business card organizer and professional networking platform. Used by over 2 million people, Eight is an easy, convenient & completely free-to-use app.
Simply scan in any visiting cards you receive, and see them instantly put into a digital business cards holder. Eight uses a proprietary combination of OCR technology & human input to accurately digitize each card into a unique Eight profile, giving users a convenient database of their professional network with 99.9% accuracy!
Eight is also a powerful professional network and enables you to network with scanned business cards on the app. From a contact's profile, you can call, email, or view their address on a map. Eight users can share news & updates with their Eight network or even interact with each other through instant messages.
- It scans business cards with 99.9% accuracy using both OCR & human transcription thus helping users to manage contacts and stay linked in conveniently and easily.
- The standard version is free and includes scanning, organizing features.
- Users can purchase Eight Premium for quicker digitization and more benefits.
- Users can sync their networks to their devices. Data is also automatically updated if connected contacts change the details on their business card.
What Eight has in store for you:
- Organize business cards & professional networks:
Users often have a large stack of disorganized visiting cards & biz cards making them difficult to use and refer to. Eight is a free digital card holder that solves this problem by removing the need for manual entry. Now using your mobile cam, cards will be instantly digitized into an e visiting card, and you will be able to see full information of the card on the app. Additionally, once digitized, Eight lets users add notes & tags on profiles so they can manage contacts & organize their business & professional network efficiently. It's a digital card scanner, holder, reader & organizer consolidated in a single app.
- Manual input to ensure superior accuracy:
Eight uses a combination of OCR technology & human resources to digitize business cards from a scanned image into a digital Eight profile. After users scan their biz cards, Eight uses OCR technology to instantly read the data on the visiting cards, which is then manually checked & corrected by our team, ensuring 99.9% accuracy even for the most hard-to-read cards. It's a perfect digital card maker as it easily converts visiting cards to e biz cards.
- Easy search feature to find & reach contacts from within the app:
This is not your regular visiting cards scanner or digital business card holder. It allows users to manage contacts & contact them via email or phone, helping them unlock new business & career opportunities. It is especially helpful for salespeople and salesforce users to manage & convert leads.
- Free to use basic app with an option to buy premium features:
The standard version of the app is free to use and has all the essential functions that make Eight a powerful business solution. Users can purchase Eight Premium for additional benefits including an ability to export their data (e.g. phonebook sync). It not only helps users to convert their visiting cards & biz cards into e business cards using OCR but also lets them export their e business card data to their devices.
- Networking: Eight stands out among others as it not only scans your business cards but also lets you stay linked in with your contacts who are themselves Eight users, by providing options such as private instant chat messaging and an activity feed thus providing you with ample business opportunities and timely updates from your network.
How does Eight compare to alternatives?
Camcard: Camcard and most other scanners only uses OCR, not human input, causing significantly lower accuracy.
Bric: Bric and others have scan limits, following which you have to pay. Eight is totally free and unlimited.
- Contacts can now be ordered by company
- You can now copy contact information (phone number, email address etc) by tapping and holding on the information in the contact profile.
More updates to come soon! Thanks for using Eight.
Ratings and Reviews
Not recommended at all
Bad customer support. Bad (low) data accuracy.
They don't care about users. Don't waste your time, energy, money. Not worth it.
- Sansan, Inc.
- 158.6 MB
- Requires iOS 10.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.
- English, Japanese
- Age Rating
- Rated 4+
- ©2015 Sansan, Inc.
- In-App Purchases
- Eightプレミアム $3.99
- Eightプレミアム $39.99
With Family Sharing set up, up to six family members can use this app.