By Cascade Software Corporation
Open iTunes to buy and download apps.
Whether you're a New Yorker or a Berliner, whether you're an Obamaniac, a McCainiac or an independent, this application provides a daily snapshot of the 2008 US presidential election at your finger tips.
Now that the election is over, the application does not need/get daily updates. So the application just shows the final (early/mid November) snapshot of the presidential race. The final snapshot includes
1. Poll numbers (with descriptive graphs) for all 50 states -- including polls from September/October/November and the (uncertified) election results from early November.
2. Poll data and exit poll data for different demographic groups. Poll data on key topics such as whether the most important issue in voter's choice for president was the economy or the Iraq war or gas prices etc.
3. Commentary and news analysis.
What's New in Version 1.1
Now that the election is over, the app doesn't need/get daily updates.
We'd like to stop the backend web service that provides poll numbers to the app. However, a large number of users are continuing to use the app to review the final snapshot of the presidential race and for reviewing exit poll results etc. The 1.0 version will not display poll numbers if the backend web service is stopped.
So we are releasing the 1.1 version of our app. The 1.1 version is a client-only app and it doesn't need data from the server.
The 1.1 version contains all the poll data provided by the web service today. So it will display the same UI and same content that the 1.0 version displays today.
Thanks for showing me your app. I got it on my way out and I'm hooked already. Now, my only worry is that I'm going to check it too much as this election looms closer.
Seriously?? Not Current
You would think that they would update with this election's information. But nope, still Obama vs McCain. Very disappointed that the people behind this app don't even have things set up for Obama vs Romney. Seems like they care more about the money than the consumer. DO NOT BUY!
Needs a refresh button
Cool interface but wholey let me down on election night. Results were about 6 hours behind.
- Category: News
- Updated: Dec 01, 2008
- Version: 1.1
- Size: 0.3 MB
- Language: English
- Seller: Cascade Software Corporation
- © 2008 Cascade Software Corporation
Compatibility: Requires iOS 2.0 or later. Compatible with iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch.